I had so high hopes for this film, but it just gets worse and worse with every new review

I had so high hopes for this film, but it just gets worse and worse with every new review.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=wV4MfICrpew
youtube.com/watch?v=Ly-y8gHyrLo
youtube.com/watch?v=Fb9YXs8JzEk
youtube.com/watch?v=AOQEGN2Qwew
youtube.com/watch?v=Qitn6FRc0oc
youtube.com/watch?v=bX9CvhbfQgg
youtube.com/watch?v=-59jGD4WrmE
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

the rating is at 33% now

Should i see Jason Bomb instead?

>RT

The saddest part about this films is how the "fans" (I guess) are bombing the imdb page with 10 stars, trying to convince the general public that it's a good film, so it doesn't end up like Batman vs Superman.

>implying the same critics that got Ghostbusters a fresh rating on RT aren't finding Harley "problematic"

It was doomed as soon as it got a PG-13 rating.

Is DC even trying?

>I had so high hopes for this film
Even after these?
youtube.com/watch?v=wV4MfICrpew
youtube.com/watch?v=Ly-y8gHyrLo
youtube.com/watch?v=Fb9YXs8JzEk
youtube.com/watch?v=AOQEGN2Qwew

So we all agree that its going to be kino?

>Civil War
>90%

Never forget

Is Suicide Squad the name of the fanbase now?

The bad reviews always come out first because half of those reviewers had the intention of saying negative shit to begin with. They literally spent more time on their "witty" sentences saying how the movie sucks before seeing it.

That wasn't what happened with Ghostbusters though. If anything, the opposite happened.

It's top critics score is now worse than the all critic score

HAHAHAHA

What fanbase?

Oh, you know.

DC fans.

>Most of the critics are calling her the best part of the film
Sure thing
Nice dubs btw

Bahaha, DCucks

I for one am looking forward to the inevitable dogpile

The last one actually gave me a bit of hope after I saw the other ones

having zero good movies under it's belt is the best way to start a movie franchise WB

don't worry wonder woman and justice league will def be good :^)

LOL
that Vanity Fair review

>sexism
>machismo
>racism
>gun violence

Makes me want to see the movie

I mean, it's Wonder Woman, the most iconic female superhero of all time, and Justice League, the most important superhero team of all time

What could possibly go wrong?

>civil war
>90%

it was awful.
This entire year has been awful for blockbusters really.
Too bad Nice Guys flopped...its going to be non-stop shit from here on

Most of us will still watch it.

We have lives unlike marvelcucks who live to shitpost

Marvel only makes "C" movies...They got lucky that their only good movie (ironman1) was their first flick.

>>Civil War
>>Highest Gross of 2016 Worldwide
>>#2nd Highest Domestic Gross Movie of 2016
>>awful

Apparently audiences don't agree.

lel

>popular = good
Nice meme, I'm sure gangnam style was the epitom of music.

I should not have laughed so loud, but i did.

>he still trusts rotten tomatoes

You sound upset

Realistically there is nothing at this point DC could do to get better ratings. Even if they would clone Kevin Feige, put him in charge and let him make movies the exact same way he does over at Marvel, and they would still get critically trashed, even if they were objectively on par or even better than Marvel.

Poor DC. I get Zach Snyder getting blasted by critics, he's never done very well, but Ayer has always made critically well received films like Fury and End of Watch.

I've listened to her on a lot of film podcasts and never got this impression. She always seemed so nice, intelligent, and genuinely knowledgeable about films. I would have never imagined her as this.

>Realistically there is nothing at this point DC could do to get better ratings
They still have Wonder Woman

>unpopular = good

Nice going, fedora-tier hipster shit.

>and they would still get critically trashed

Yep, because they'll be accused of simply ripping off Marvel.

Perfect.

How indeed.

honestly 34% is pretty good score all things considered.

APOLOGIZE

I would appologize to Wonder Woman for being portrayed by such a shitty "actress".

>Character is called Wonder Woman
>Is actually portrayed by a skeleton
What did Zack mean by this?

"nihilist camaraderie feels like a load of hooey"

SAVED

Fuck that's good

I hope the Cameron guy is still around, those ones were pretty good too.

youtube.com/watch?v=Qitn6FRc0oc

More like shitty direction. It's a good scowl, unfortunately he told her to scowl all the time.

Suicide Squad
Average RT Rating: 5.6/10
>32% rotten

Ghostbusters 2016
Average RT Rating: 6.4/10
>73% fresh

How the fuck does this site work?

Even in this she did that stupid lip lick she always does, even when the scene didn't call for her to be "sexy"

It's really not complicated.
RT sorts all reviews into either "positive" or "negative", and then gives you a percentage of how many are positive.
A film with 100% RT means 100% of critics thought it was at least okay, not that it's a 10/10.

Yes it is an extremely weird and unhelpful system.

The less problematic it is the higher its rating.

Also explains Frozen.

This. A generic but solidly and evenly made film has a higher chance of getting a high RT score than an ambitious but great movie because of this system.

It really is useless aside from shitposting like today

So how is the RT rating-out-of-10 calculated? If the average score is above 5/10 why isn't it positive?

the more people who like the film (i.e. give it at least a 3/5) the higher the rating. Are you surprised that 95% of the 50% of people who like that kind of shit like ghostbusters and like 30% of the rest liked it?

I think their cutoff is 6/10. Calling a 5.5/10 review "positive" is a stretch.

So how come the average score is above 5/10 but the meter indicates that only 30-something% of critics rated it above a 5?

10-6 (I think) = Good
5.9 and below = Bad to Average. Being slightly above average isn't enough for a positive rating.

who would it get low reviews for being great? sure you're not butthurt?

So the margin between a good tomatometer rating and a bad one can literally be 0.9?

That is how percentages work, yes.

I can't wait for the retarded copypasta defending it.

So just to simplify it: say 30% of critics rated it 10/10, and the remaining 70% all rated it 3/10.

In this case, it would have an RT score of 30% and an average score of 0.3*10/10+0.7*3/10 = 5.1/10

This is why the "scores" are different: RT score is a percentage of the critics who rated the film 6/10 or higher. Average rating is an average of all the ratings converted to out of 10.

>post crisis DC
>this is a top critic

Gangnam style was a great song that was culturally relevant and had a great music video

Basically all you can expect from a pop song, exemplary

>I'm retarded

If you're just pretending, here's your (You)

>people were excited for this

youtube.com/watch?v=bX9CvhbfQgg

It's better to go by the actual score
>civil war is 90%
Holy shit! It's citizen Kane!!
>actual average score is 7

Most of these films deserve a 6 or 7. But that still counts as a "good movie" even though a "C" is pretty awful.

I said "ambitious but great" meaning a movie that is great, while that greatness also being arguable. Stuff like 2001 for example. For artistic movies in general it's harder to break 90% than a good blockbuster. Because for a blockbuster, it's easier to see wether it serves it purpose than in the case of an art film

can someone explain mom gonna freak meme, much obliged

Yeah, like, when have critics ever been wrong about something?
>what is The Shining?
>what is Fight Club?
>what is Predator?
>what is Alien?
>what is Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas?
>what is Psycho?

Suicide Squad was fucked by reshoots, hard. Many critics were afraid of giving Ghostbusters a negative review so they gave it the lowest fresh rating they could so they wouldn't get labeled as a misogynist.

Yeah, when I heard that I knew this film would probably be shit.

Kill yourself.

Now that DCCU continues crashing and burning, I hope Marvel goes the same route. I'm so sick of capeshit.

Is this a reviewer?

wtf! are you serious? for asking a question? how rude

7 is the literal definition of a good film, with 5 being mediocre.

In my opinion, only the written review is that actually matters. The rating, on its own, is meaningless, without the written review to explain it. Then the RT score is meaningless squared, because if somebody rated a movie 6/10 and another 10/10 it still counts toward the same fresh rating

(You)
(You)

Well done genius.

RT exists to help people who don't really have high expectations but at least want a decent movie, which is why it collapses all possible scores into "yes" or "no". The RT score is a measure of decentness likelihood, not actual quality.

They probably will. I imagine the Infinity War films are gonna be absolute clusterfucks.

>You got an average score of 6.4/10 - that gets you a 73% - congratulations, you proved all the haters wrong!
>You got an acerage score of 5.6/10 - that gets you 32% - fucking kill yourself you massive disappointment.

That is even more broken than I'd initially imagined.

so I was underway and only saw the shitposts on my mobile phone

spoonfeed me motherfuckers, what are the main criticisms? is it only stupid "muh gritty movie" and "not muh marvel" type of shit or legit factors that make the movie bad?

Movie aggregators weren't out at that period.

Not really a fair comparison. Based on their current rankings, all critics think those movies are good.

oh my fucking god, this caught me totally off guard. I love these webms, even as someone who appreciates the DCMU movies

The fact that audiences and critics hated John Carpenter's The Thing still confuses the shit out of me.

Whatever narrative people choose to construct with these scores is independent of the scores themselves. Stop being such a faggot.

Do you know how averages work?

Had those movies had review aggregators at the time, they'd have been panned.

IM JUST A SUCKER FOR PAIN

>mfw this song name is perfect

youtube.com/watch?v=-59jGD4WrmE

Blame retards for looking at the % instead of the actual rating.

If I gave a shit about reviews I'd never go see a flick with 6.4/10, especially if I didn't have any interest in it before reviews.

The walking dead aren't the only clichés that eat away at the potential in this material. Superfreaks become supersweeties and Suicide Squad: Dawn of Dullness (my subtitle) does the impossible. Forget Batman v Superman — at least it tried. This botch job makes Fantastic Four look good.

a 73% and a 32% are pretty generally construed as pretty good and awful, respectively. Yet the average score seems to indicate that critics thought they were more-or-less of the same quality.

Harley ass SO PALE
disgusting. get out in the sun and put some respeck on it