Hey Sup Forumsros. I'm up for Jury Duty in a few weeks...

Hey Sup Forumsros. I'm up for Jury Duty in a few weeks. I need something that will get me thrown out of selection while also not getting myself in trouble. Can you help?

Other urls found in this thread:

fija.org/
youtube.com/watch?v=uqH_Y1TupoQ
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Something to say? Or wear?
Claim you're a Nihilist... That life is meaningless and that you would simply pick at random.

Ask about jury nullification

"I was raised with the understanding that certain races are more law-breaking than others. What color is the accused?"

Just fucking do it...... what a pussy

Dear God...

Do you work for a living? If your work will not pay you to go or force you to use vacation time, then you don't have to go.

Eh? I would get paid $104 a day. Which is less than I would get paid at my job and put me in serious financial hardship considering debts that I have to pay and rent as well as bills comming up. I need an out.

This.
fija.org/

Oh I forgot, I live in Australia. You are forced to go or pay a $2200 dollar fine.

just do it you lazy piece of assfuck.
its not like you use your brain for anything else.

Interesting, If I spew out half the shit on that page I should get disqualified from attending.

I hope you realise you sit around for a few hours, they pay you for it and if you don't get selected you just go home.

I did it a few years back and I got I think $100 for doing fuck all.

I see. Here you get arrested for not getting excused. Also, here you don't get interviewed into you are assigned to a case, which could be a few days. If you do have strong opinions or any reason for hesitation to convict anyone, then play that card.

Here you get paid 50$ a week. And you have to eat in the cafeteria. Which is strategically about 10$ a meal.

that's funny because in australia you get $100 a day, looks like your country doesnt value your time.

It doesn't even pay for parking. It's your right to vote, so...

Yeah, it's Bullshit

Yeah, but then everything costs 4 times as much in Australia as it does in America. (I assume you are American)

say you're a vehement racist and you hate women.

In Australia you aren't allowed to leave the courthouse and there is no cafeteria.

say you understand jury nullification.

I'm not american, and I would say things cost twice as much in australia not 4 times.

when I went for jury selection they let us out at noon and told us to come back at 1pm so I ate lunch, wandered around a little and got back to the court house with no issue.

it cost me maybe $8 to get into the city by train.

LEGIT ANSWER HERE:

MY brother in law is a lawyer. In order for me to get out of jury duty, he insisted that all you need to do is show that you are an intelligent individual who may not be so easily manipulated by the majority and by jew lawyers. In order for you to be picked, both sides need to agree on keeping you in the jury.
A simple statement like "How exactly do I need to be sure that he is guilty? 99%? 99.99%? What is proving someone guilty with out a shadow of a doubt?

Just keep questioning everything, without being too obvious that you just want to get out of it. When they realize convincing you that someone is guilty or innocent will prove to be too annoying, they will reject you from the jury.

They would rather have people who can be manipulated into having certain opinions.

Facts.
Also, check um

I don't understand this, Ukfag here,

Do they just ask randoms to come into jury duty or what?

Nope. Maybe if you are only taking currency exchange rates into account. But then you have to account for high import taxes on EVERYTHING which drives the prices through the fucking roof.

maybe I just buy too much stuff online, can you give me an example of something that is obscenely expensive by comparison?

Best part about jury selection law here is if they desperately need jurors, they will take a bus to Walmart and load up registered voters. If you refuse, you go on the other bus to jail. Walmart apparently has a diverse enough customer base to be a valid sample. If someone random asks you if you are a voter here, you say no.

I'm also in Australia and here's what I did.

Go to a bulk bill doctor and get a medical certificate. Don't attend jury duty. When they question you say you were ill.

Though now I just get my employer to write a letter saying they cannot release me for duty as $100/day is bullshit when I'm on $41/hr.

Refer to black people as "Negros"..

OP here. Yes they do. My Jury Duty letter says "You have been randomly selected as a part of the Dury Roll Call, you may be randomly selected to take part as a part of a Jury."

Then the actual call letter says "You have been randomly selected to take part as a part of a Jury."

Is it a coincidence that i received one letter 2 days after the other?

Not him, but I know vydia games have a ridiculous sin tax, like 100% or so

Anything along these lines. Just stand up and say if the accused is a nigger they're guilty and if they're a whitey they're innocent.

this
youtube.com/watch?v=uqH_Y1TupoQ

This will work 100%

yeah they are expensive but with the rise of steam and online retailers we can save a shitload of money with those options.

This would be great. Not illegal.

Just go to a doctor and get them to write a medical certificate saying that you suffer from some sort of illness or injury (can even be severe depression) then get them to write you a certificate saying what you are being treated for and that you will be unfit for jury duty ''indefinitely'' make sure its worded like that. If you do end up being there though you can easily get out of it by making it look like you are bias and won't give a fair judgement as juror. For instance just say in the interview that you are going to vote that the accused is guilty no matter what because police are always right and anyone who comes before the court is a bad guy and should go to jail, in fact they should not even have courts. That way you can't get in trouble and they just won't choose you.

Would changing it to the following work? "I was raised with the understanding that people from certain Socio-Economic backgrounds are more prone to law breaking than others, of what background is the accused?"

I'm pretty sure I can get in trouble for what you said. In Australia.

Never reply to those bs letters user i know i know but they say you can go to jail if u dont show up... Ive been ignoring jury duty letters for over 10 years and have never had an issue. They get the morons with that u can go to jail shit and yall fall for it so easily. Tell me user how do they intend to prove that u recieved the jury summons read it and ignored it? There is absolutely no way to prove that u got the summons if ur not an idiot and just throw the damn thing out.

We have to do it in the uk too

OP here. The problem is that even things not directly rated to imports cost a lot. Because the price of food is driven way up, things like tickets for the cinema are super expensive. Where I live, it cost at least $15 to go and see a movie. On a shitty small cinema screen.

Here, when you get your summons you have to log onto a web portal and acknowledge your reception of said letter. If not, someone is sent to find you and serve you the summons.

Depends upon where you live.
I would not pull a stunt, as those judges have seen just about every one tried.
One legit way is to claim you know either plaintiff or defendant - or either lawyer. (Should be just enough to bounce you.)

True story: I had a friend who very legitimately requested a pass as he's self employed. Refused. So he went on the jury and turned it from 11-1 against conviction to unanimous in favor. It was like 12 Angry Men in reverse.

OP here. Im such a fucking retard for logging into the Jury website and registering so I can make an application to not have to do it.

I live in new york here in the states have never had something like that done

You're in Australia? Get the fuck outta here you stupid piece of shit. Let me guess the defendant is a fucking alligator, and he's being sued, because he bit one of you Aussies? Fucking Kek.

Came here to say this.

Also mention that you have a keen interest in the justice system and have taken courses on law back in college/high school.

Lawyers HATE educated juries.

>Jury Duty

Dude, you've been chosen to have a say. Go and wreck it, dude. WTF are you even thinking backing out so some bitch SJW or nigger can take the spot instead?

Go defend freedom, fag. Aquit, mistrail, whatever. For a change you're in control. Go do your duty!

Yeah I noticed that over the past 10 years movie tickets have spiked to a disgusting level, in some of the standard cinemas the tickets are going upwards of $18, though on tuesdays they can go for about $9 for some reason.

What Thee actual Fuck m8!?!

Just wear a shirt that says "I stand for jury nullification"

you will not make it to trial

Really small rural areas. It's only happened once here if I recall, but the point is somehow this is legal

>>Truth here.
If you tell them that you will provide a truly unbiased opinion and give them a very generic background of yourself, they will not pick you because they want someone they know will vote their way.

So he took it out on a possibly innocent person because he was mad that the judge didn't excuse him?