Anyone have any recs for more modern equivalents of stuff like pic related? (Other than Electric Wizard's newer stuff.)

Anyone have any recs for more modern equivalents of stuff like pic related? (Other than Electric Wizard's newer stuff.)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=j-WcSnin6SA
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

If you want a better version listen to Dopesmoker.

Also listen to Bongrippers stuff

Dopesmoker and Dopethrone are nothing alike

They're both stoner metal albums. They're both slow and heavy. They both have the word "dope" in their name.

Add bongzilla to that list

Thanks for the recs guys. Already into Sleep though.

I was kinda hoping for any similar releases like in the past 3 years are so. Is stoner metal a dead genre?

stoner and doom metal albums literally come out by the truckload every day

listen to Goya

Lol they of course have NOTHING in common, absolutely separated and zero similarities at all obviously

you seem kind of stupid

You literally compared their wikipedia pages.

Try Windhand, especially the album Soma.

Sleeps Dopesmoker for sure

this right here senpai

youtube.com/watch?v=j-WcSnin6SA

This is better than Dopethrone

you heard Children of the Haze yet?

I'm pretty sure he's joking

Yep, not as good as Weed Cult, but decent. Less catchy riffs and drums, but a much darker atmosphere.

Subscribe to StonedMeadowOfDoom on yt, all new stoner releases are being uploaded daily, theres hundreds of albums there like dopesmoker

None of them really reach the quality of dopesmoker though, I'm afraid
Stoner rock/metal is one of my most explored genres, but honestly most of it is shit

Its still good to listen to a couple new albums everyday even if most of them you wont listen to agqin

preacher elecktrik(?) is one of the best stoner metal songs I've heard in a while.. the flying guitar solos are so fucking maddening

not really dopethrone level, but spaceslugs time travel dilemma is a great doom piece