Now that the dust has settled, what did Sup Forums think of Slowdive's new album?

Now that the dust has settled, what did Sup Forums think of Slowdive's new album?

Other urls found in this thread:

dr.loudness-war.info/album/list?artist=&album=slowdive
youtube.com/watch?v=3Gmex_4hreQ
youtube.com/watch?v=gZiBd1iGC3o
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Fuck it, it's a 5

3 at best

no meming in my thread kid

I have found out why it's not as amazing. The dynamic range is fucked

Fuck it, check my 5

the dust have not settled because the japanese bnus track 30th june still not upload yet

my last digit is the actual objective rating

Pretty great comeback record, I liked it more than MBV's in 2013

more info
dr.loudness-war.info/album/list?artist=&album=slowdive

has anyone got the vinyl?

Fantastic album. Will make my top 30-50 by the end of the year. The modern production really helps this record out and separates itself from early slowdive releases, yet the music still has its soul.

Kinda falls in quality the last half or so, but not derailing my enjoyment of the album or anything

the production isn't very good though?

The number at the end of my post/10

Can you explain what all this means?

it's so flat
the vocals don't offer nearly as much impact as they do on earlier releases
it's still a pretty good record but like 7/10 at most

CHECK THIS 5

The album sucks btw

disgusting

it has shit mixing

the quiet parts are not that quiet compared to the loud parts throughout the song. It's basically made for shitty apple earbuds

youtube.com/watch?v=3Gmex_4hreQ

I get why people wouldn't like the tone of the production, but to call the production "bad" or "poor", is just plain ignorant to be honest. obviously the soundscapes are exactly what Slowdive wanted and I thought they executed incredibly well. The instruments melt with one another and don't bleed through too much, yet the individual instruments and tonalities are incredibly clear.

I bet your AOTYSF is kendrick

both new kendrick and slowdive are terrible you normie

i bet you listen to anime soundtracks

anime soundtracks > kendrick
for the most part tbqh

wrong again buddy

shit tier awareness you retard normie

what's your favourite soundtrack then

Light to decent 4

Fuck it, its a fag

I thought it was at least an 8 before the Fantano review, now I think it's terrible

fucking tastetrender

It was great, fuck Fantano desu.

youtube.com/watch?v=gZiBd1iGC3o

I'd give it an 8, great record but sounds too much like the bands that were influenced by them (ie DIIV). Souvlaki and Pygmalion were miles better. Btw you guys were literally dick riding the shit outta this album until fantano gave it a 4 and all of a sudden it's shit.

i've decided mbv was better

DIIV's Oshin is a better dreampop album than this piece of shit

A bit spotty overall maybe, there's no real bad tracks but the good ones are so good that I think they raise the album as a whole. Slowmo has so much soul and emotion.

It's solid, and about as good as their 90s stuff. Slowdive's always been a mid 7 - low 8 band to me and this new stuff slots right into that range.