God doesn't exist

God doesn't exist.

cool

is it

You've no logical basis to make that claim

Agreed

what is 'it'?

probably*

Right you are Harry, no bloody post on sundays, not a single one.

is it

I'll show you logic.

But dog does

*no blasted letters, not a single one

Yes, i do.

We can't prove whether there is or isn't a God. There's no evidence for or against

it

we live in a infinite universe, which means everything exists. So yes, god is real, but so is a fucking banana the size of the sun.

Depends on the god. Some god claims can be tested or are self-contradictory.

We can't prove a lot of things. Jumping to conclusions is not an answer.

>which means everything exists
That's not how it works user.

There is plenty of evidence against. Christians just keep moving goalposts as science advances.

Hundreds of years ago, we didn't know any better, so we explained the existence of our planet and ourselves with God. Now we know how planets are formed, and how we evolved, but the myth of religion is still perpetuated. Why?

It's not because it has any truth to it. It's because it's a virus that is extremely good at replicating and spreading itself.

nor does my will to live

is it

I don't believe in God or anything. I'm just saying you can't definitively say he/she/it doesn't exist. But I'm just a boring scientist so don't mind me

We can't prove that you are not a faggot, and so we must assume you are a faggot.

Yeah god doesn't exist.
But A god exists. Something that started this all and connects everything. Its definitely not one of the gods any of these stupid religions preach about.

Yep. Some things are impossible. Something with a 0% chance of occurring will never occur, no matter the number of trials.

>Something that started this
Like a quantum fluctuation?
>connects everything
Gravity?

I guess it depends on what you mean by a God, because what you are describing sounds very different than big magical people in the sky.

I kind of like the idea of a totally impartial universe that follows certain laws and has since the beginning of time. After all, who are we to pretend as though we understand the secrets of the universe? We aren't special.

That being said, there's definitely a possibility of some higher power. But until I see evidence for it, I will not believe in it.

Religion is a pretty good meme.

You could be a scientist or a gas station janitor.
It makes no different who it's coming from.

>But until I see evidence for it, I will not believe in it.

Yeah same here but its still fun to think about and discuss.
I think if there is some form of higher power it might even be inconceivable to us. Like explaining gravity to an ant.

>But A god exists
And if I said a god doesn't exist I'd be just as right and wrong as you.

I have superpowers btw. I just don't use them.

is he coming from or going to the background?

he's going to fuck your mom

Yeah I worded wrong. Sounded like was saying it was 100% true.

Was just expressing my opinion and thoughts. I actually have no idea, none of us do.

do you believe that theres anything that simply science cant explain ? If no, then we have to agree to disagree. or change to spiderman thread.

"I'm so upset with my life that I spend time on Sup Forums trying to bait people into getting mad because I don't like that they believe in."

mfw

Not yet

>Theists: I don't have proof God exists, but i believe it because i can feel it in my heart
>Atheists: What an idiot! Doesn't he know there's no God? I mean, I don't have any proof, but i can feel it in my heart.

>something with a 0% chance of occurring will never occur
Well thats not true one bit, everything is possible. Just because you will never do it or you will never see it occur doesn't mean someone or something else won't do it. 0s and percentages are just a man made concept there for everything exist.

>do you believe that theres anything that simply science cant explain ?
Not when it comes to reality, no. If such a thing did exist, we wouldn't be able to know it.

>everything is possible
Rubbish. A will never equal not A. There will never be a married bachelor. Just because we don't know something to be impossible doesn't mean that it is actually possible.

>theists: I believe god exists, thus in this one case the burden of proof does not fall on me to prove it. but on you to disprove it

I am going to argue that there is a God. Stay with me on this though as it will take a bit of explaining.

Time ago there was God. God decided to create life but not through the seven day Adam and Steve bullshit they peddle in church. No what happened is that God decided to roll the dice. He/she/it/whatever threw down the building blocks of life and waited to see what happened. We were the result. Thing is... God did not like what came out. We were (and yo this very day continue to be) a disappointment.

When exactly we will never know but God walked away and left us to flap about in our own shit. Since then it has all been on us. All the acts of good and all the bad. No divine guidance or intervention. No destiny or fate. All of our achievements and failures, miracles and tragedy, have all been of our own making.

Have you heard of the saying "every day we drift further from God"? It doesn't mean we are getting worse (although we are) and drifting further from God's plan for us. No. It means that God is actively still walking away from us. It doesn't matter how good or bad we are. God doesn't care.

From this you can take one of two things. 1. That there is good in the world because we choose to be good, not because some divine bearded git makes us so. 2. Evil is something we choose to be. Its not the devil or some test from up high, if your bad then that's on you. Either choose to change or revel in it.

We will never meet God. That Fuck abandoned us. This life is what we make it. For better or for worse.

>I am going to argue that there is a God
>fails to actually present an argument for there being a God

This has the same probability of being true as Islam. Not saying your wrong, just saying you probably are.

kek

The burden of proof is on both sides. "Well they can't back up their claim, so that means i don't have to!" is a weak ass cop-out.

>Agnostics: g-guy we can't really know, haha...
>Antitheists: FUCK YOU GODSN'T EXIST
>Buddhists: blah blah follow the path
>Nihilists:
>Absurdists: kek

I agree

The burden of proof is on the one making the claim. Theists claim a god exists, therefore they have a burden of proof. Atheists who claim a god does not exist also have a burden of proof, but one need not make that claim to be an atheist. You can simply reject the theistic claim without accepting the negation.

This is where an impasse in created. Two sides of monkeys trying to prove who's right.

delete this

These dubs prove otherwise.

No god confirmed.

I think he meant THESE dubs

SA bro?

That's what always gets me about "burden of proof" in theological debates.

Someone will whip out "burden of proof", tip their fedora and tell r/atheism about how they totally destroyed a theist, but isn't "There is no god" as much a claim as "There is a god"?
Why are they exempt from proof?

It's a dumb debate for both parties. Both sides are completely impossible to prove or disprove, at the moment at least, so it becomes a mobius strip circle jerk.

>isn't "There is no god" as much a claim as "There is a god"?
Yes, but atheists don't need to claim that. A person is an atheist if and only if they do not believe in gods. An atheist can believe that there are no gods, but it is not necessary.

gj figuring out the answer to the easiest question in the world

>they dont think it be how it do, but is

Depends on person's perception of what this God is that the person is speaking about.

Not sure if this is relevant, but I think machines can reach a point to where people would think they were gods.
Think about the replicators from Stargate. There's only so far organics can peak, before getting vastly outpaced by machines.

This post wasn't meant to prove or disprove anything. Just food for thought.

Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic, but that doesn't mean it is actually magic.

>machines can reach a point to where people would think they were gods
Some people might but true God is not limited by natural laws I think.

We arent even sure its infinite anymore. Its almost more likely it isnt.

>believing this

Whew lad

>advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic

>God is not limited by natural laws I think

YES, this is what I'm talking about. If you took a cellphone to the 19th centuray people would this it was magic. Imperishable even. How do we distinguish god-like advancement to some that can actually "bend" the laws of reality.
Hell, what if one day we learn how to create black holes?

This is why appeals to the supernatural as an explanation always fail.

Tl;dr

You're gay

Even if the universe is infinite, which it's not, that doesnt mean everything exists in it.

No where in a therortically limitless universe is there a square circle, as an example.

>think about the replicators from stargate

Virgin detected

guilty as charged :^)

Kek

YOU CAN'T PROVE THAT!!!

checkmate atheist.

/thread

If God is defined as a non-existent,
Then God does not exist.

God is dead. We killed him.

undisputed
god disproved again

Oh shut the fuck up. Go back to fucking reddit and join the rest of the empty husks.

doesnt matter what ppl think. U can get components and make it work within natural laws. And also no1 brought god to us yet, so why would we believe in any?

Fucking conformist faggot.

infinity doesn't imply absence of rules. For example the amount of integers is infinite, and yet it's a category of infinite that's too small to count real numbers.

If there's no god, then who invented all that weed you been smoking?
>checkmate

Could just be orbital wobble.

yes I do user

I am God

prove me wrong

you can't.

checkmate.

God does not exist.
You exist.
Therefore, you are not God.

king me

well i'd like to know who dealt it
>inb4 DEA

ur a faggit
checkmate

Right. So everything you see around you just came to be by chance. Dumbass.

>I'm going to refute this asshole by being an asshole
Good job. Very convincing.

Your saying this in the most godless part of the internet.

No evidence for or against, but more logic against.

Depends on what you mean by chance, but yes.

Nah, there are more godless parts of the internet.

So you're suggesting that something can't just appear out of nowhere? Then who created your god? He couldn't just pop into existence, according to you...

Universe does not need it... Only humans does...

not by chance
and yes, like the user says - what made god?

>So everything you see around you just came to be by chance
In the land of shit, even a statue of ash is beautiful.

True. As long as we "don't understand" religion will remain. Aside from the people that willfully claim ignorance.