How did they do it Sup Forums?

How did they do it Sup Forums?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=NMjg-yIdw9w
youtube.com/watch?v=DtpD5mOgyKo
youtube.com/watch?v=C5jkOpsqxjc
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Catering to plebs

There's some filler toward the end, but it's a real solid album.

It certainly wasn't by selling their souls. He's already in them.

what did he mean by this?

I never understood what that means.

Ripping off the happy mondays

Happy Mondays were better.

youtube.com/watch?v=NMjg-yIdw9w
youtube.com/watch?v=DtpD5mOgyKo
youtube.com/watch?v=C5jkOpsqxjc

There's religious not-so-subtext all over the place. "I would trade my soul to Satan for fame, but I already gave it to him, so that won't work", basically.

>contrarians

Yeah, but they should've said that the soul is out if them cause they dont have it anymore. Am I wrong?

What they mean is I don't have to sell my soul to the devil, I've already got the devil in me. Saying someone has the devil in them means that they're mischievious.

The Roses cut their their teeth in the indie scene for 5 years before they even got signed to a legitimate independent label (albeit one that would screw them over) and constantly worked to evolve their sound into something unique.

Not to mention they were in a town where a huge new musical and culture development at the time was occurring;.

They were at the right place at the right time of "uncertainty in the indie scene" as part of the post-Smiths, nascent acid house era in Manchester where the fairly stagnant C86 twee and jangle pop endured, synthpop reigned, goth/post-punk were past their heyday but still present, and proto-shoegaze noise rock/noise pop/dream pop were gaining traction, dominated the indie scene after bigger bands rooted in some these styles had found major critical and chart success not only in the UK, but with college radio and modern rock radio (and for a select few, even mainstream Top 40 success) in America too.

They essentially were influenced by all these existing styles, but also by the songwriting styles and sounds of variety of rock acts like The Byrds, Simon and Garfunkel, The Stones, The Beach Boys, lots of psych rock into something uniquely recognizable.

Also, Mani, but Squire and Reni (great backup vocalist as well) in particular are phenomenal and incredibly versatile musicians who know are masters of their instruments. Ian Brown may be a poor live singer, but in studio he sound great and has a distinctive voice (and that frontman attitude and charisma essential for any band aspiring to be one of the greats).

John Leckie as a producer also really helped them finetune their sound to where each song sounds like the same but run the gamut of quick jangly and groovy indie anthems to 8 minutes of psych jamming.

Good post user

This is such a ignorant thing to say. You could certainly make the case for the Mondays being better, but to say that this album is a rip off of the Happy Mondays makes no sense.

The Mondays were always more directly rooted in the unorthodox half-sung/half-shouted vocal style, prominently rhythmic-focused strains of rock music like the Talking Heads and Can and The Fall with heavy influence from what they heard in Manchester clubs like New Order, other synthpop, and lots of house music. Their songs were less focused on technical playing and melodic composition than they were in making their own warped style of dance songs that musically and lyrically represented the "I don't give a fuck" attitude and hedonistic lifestyle of the band.

Actually, John Leckie says that during the recording they told him that they wanted to sound like the XTC side-project Dukes of the Stratosphear which he had produced, and was a large reason in why they hired him as producer

Thanks for the rundown user

Madchester was pretty much a bullshit term, much like Britpop in that the bands considered part of the scene were really quite different stylistically from each other.

ww.youtube.com/watch?v=SZ3D7WUDDkA
IT'S COOMIN OOP IT'S COOMIN OOP IT'S COOMIN OOP IT'S COOMIN OOP IT'S COOMIN OOP IT'S COOMIN OOP IT'S COOMIN OOP IT'S DEEEEEEE

That's fucking hilarious. Love Damon Albarn cracking up in the back.

you can see the fear and embarrassment in her eyes.

This is pretty typical stuff for Shaun desu. This is what he does.

Do what? Make an album where the only good song was the first one but somehow "people" (British) praise it as a "classic"? No clue

Give it another try, my first thought was all the songs sound the same but after listening a few more times it was really rewarding

How the fuck can anyone dislike I Am the Resurrection?

I Am The Resurrection and Fool's Gold bruh.

Just pleb my shit up senpai

>You could certainly make the case for the Mondays being better
no sane person could, would or should desu

>I forced myself to like this album
>you should try

If you can't enjoy a tasteful reinvention of psychedelia via popular song, the problem lies with you.

>If you can't enjoy a tasteful reinvention of psychedelia via popular song, the problem lies with you.

aw he posted a fedora, how original

>aw he posted a fedora, how original