Metalocalypse

Do guys think that Brenden Small made a bad decision and/or let this pride get in the way and used his entire budget for the season to make an 'opera' instead of a final season of Metalocalypse?

The show debuted in 2006 and he made an 'opera' about it 7 years later when it's popularity and relativity were all but dead? It was already a show aimed at a niche demographic to begin with.

Look what happened because of it:

>Show is cancelled.
>Adult Swim is never going to give up it's ownership of it or license it, ever.
>Legally Small cannot release anything release anything "official" about the show or its characters.

So if he decides to reveal the ending, it'll have to be "Fan art" or a MS Word file which will have to be distributed through some back channels (torrents most likely.)

What say you, Sup Forums?

Other urls found in this thread:

adultswim.com/metalocalypse/signed/
youtube.com/watch?v=BFButPmlMFg
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

I had no idea this was even still a thing, I stopped watching when they moved to half hour episodes and I grew out of this kind of show/music. I don't even see it in reruns anymore.

Why can't he just kickstart it? Doesn't he own the rights?

I would really doubt it, why would the network that commissioned the show give him licensing rights?

I'm not convinced he would've handled the ending well, the show got a little weird when it started going a rock opera route and taking itself semiseriously

The humor of the show came from the band just being dumbass metalheads ambivalent to everything going on around them

Few things were as funny as that fax machine adult swim set up that spit requests for more Metalocalypse directly into the trash.

Nope, he sold his soul to Adult Swim when he pitched the idea to them.

0% rights to the IP.

He was hoping if enough people signed a petition and sent Hulu guitar picks that they would reach out to Adult Swim and offer to pay for a final season and the licensing fees.

Adult Swim contacted Small and told him:

"Why are you wasting everyone's time and getting the fans hopes up?"

"We own it and we're never going to sell or license it."

I think he butted heads with too many people at Adult Swim and burnt his bridges with them due to his pride and stupidity.

hahahaha wat?

adultswim.com/metalocalypse/signed/

Fucking metal and brutal at the same time.

How is it 2016 and people still don't understand how Hollywood and especially the tv industry works? It's about money and opportunity first, above all else, just don't fuck with other's ability to make money and you can probably do ok.

My bad wrong link.

See picture.

Metalocalypse was good for 1.5 seasons. The second season got bad halfway through. Not to mention the second Dethalbum wasn't nearly as good as the first (though it wasn't bad by any means).

And then everyone got older and forgot about it anyway.

>And then everyone got older and forgot about it anyway.
for all the albums, live shows and celebrity cameos it really is astounding how quickly it was forgotten

This clip is pretty funny:

youtube.com/watch?v=BFButPmlMFg

Fanbase was huge, their live concerts sold out. It was still sucessful. There has to be a reason

Getting old isn't always a bad thing.

Look at Jurassic World and how it blew the box office away because of nostalgic people in their 30's and their kids.

Metalocalypse was just too niche and took too fucking long.

Even the other half of the guy who came up with the show jumped shipped because Smalls ego was too much to deal with.

They rode on Metalheads obsession with all things metal.

"BRAH, IT'S A FUCKING CARTOON ABOUT METAL!"

"FUCKING METAL, BRAH!"

*AIR GUITAR AND HEADBUTTING INTENSIFIES*

I think it just came at the perfect moment when metal was becoming near-mainstream again and they could reach a casual audience of metal fans and non-fans who got the general gist of it. That moment passed and so did the show

Any show as good as the first two seasons about metal ?

>ambivalent to everything going on around them

I don't think ambivalent means what you think it does

you're right, thanks for letting me know so I don't sound like a retard in the future

Even when I was 14 and loved metal these people made me embarrassed. Teenage girls are less conformist and image obsessed

Bloodlines is still my favorite workout song.