Ask someone who works as a baker at Publix anything

Ask someone who works as a baker at Publix anything.

how much money do you make per month?

do you get a discount

Hello fellow Publix homie I also work at Publix just got transfer to Produce. Why haven't you join the best department in the store.

About $1,400

Do you make a lot of dough?

Kek. No, every 3-4 months we get a coupon for a useless product instead. The stock they give us makes up for it a bit

Are you the trash bitch? Lol

What's up DJ lol

Nah, full time baker. 4am shit

Do you decorate cakes too?

I'm in dairy, it's much worse

Cucked by LeCordon Bleu for Baking and Pastry. May as well make some use out of the shit degree

What made you give up in life?

I know how to and it's pretty easy once you understand the concept (just practice), but I'm more useful on the baking side of things

I'm making $15 as a grocery clerk and make more then my team leads and Iv only worked there a year

Well you could be in shitty deli.
Oh okay that makes sense. I give you a lot of credit dealing with women in the bakery.

I'm shitting on the clock as we speak.

Going for my degree at LeCordon Bleu, really. Fucked me over financially. So I'm doing this to pay back all my loans

Yeah you right lol what part of Florida?

What kind of fondant does your store use?

You won't pay them back on the shit tier job you chose. You got cucked by the best. Don't you feel stupid and worthless?

Not in Florida I am in the Atlanta Division which sucks huge dicks.

Deli is literally the shit-tier of intelligence of all the departments, but they rake in the dough. Dealing with the women is easy. They're all

Yeah maybe in NYC or LA

I'm in Jacksonville district and its pretty gay here too. No joke, last year for Halloween I showed up as George Jenkins.

That culinary school didn't pay off?

I'm not too sure. I'm not on the deco side too much and we hardly get any cake orders with fondant since it raises the price too much and tastes like trash

Yoyoyo frozen food selector here.

Don't hate my job.

Feels bad man. The bakery is the fastest way to store manager and they pull in 6 figures so I was kinda heading in that direction

They make really good money because they have to do so much shit with limit people working. They should really look into how to make the Deli less shitty. Anyone who works in Deli gets my respect for working in that department.

Frozen was the best. Downstacking ice is the only shity part.

Lol
>invest 20 years
>never make it there

Go be a gm of a high volume restaurant you dumbass

My gf said I should go and I was already feeling like giving up on life so I gave it a shot being the naïve fresh outta hs dipshit I was. If you can read a recipe or have ever watched an episode off foodnetwork, you don't need culinary school

They don't make six figures. What corporate shill told you that?

I would rather work in Florida at least their stores are 100x nicer and they give two shits about their homeland. At our store we weren't allowed to dress up except in Deli and Bakery

"Hello, restaurant, I'd like to apply to be your GM please"
Shit son, the restaurant industry is no different. You start as a dishwasher, to line cook, and make your way up

Whats up with all the Deli hate?
We are people too

I've had one manager that gave a shit about me and I might get full time because of it. I should give her the d as a thank you. Nice lady.

General Manager make around 80-100k a year.

They do.

My dad was a store manager for 23 years.

No you aren't, downstack your tea before I throw that shit at you. Lazy animals.

WRONG. with your degree you could be a kitchen manager straight away making 3 times your income. Get experience doing that then apply. Jesus you are so stupid.

I'm used to a lot of stupid deli people. Props to them for dealing with all the dumbass customers though. Hell, maybe their stupidity rubbed off on them

Maybe in NYC or LA.

Wow very nice I am still trying to get full time and I've been there for 3 years. I transfer to Produce because my general manager told me if I did he would see that I would get full time. I am going to make it very clear if I am not full time by September that I am quitting because that why majority of people quit this shitty company because they never give full time and it's not what you know it's who you know.

I'm going to culinary school at a local community college. Been in the industry for over 5 years. I'm stuck as a lead cook right now.
School is actually teaching me a lot about food cost and techniques for cutting and prep I didn't know.
Crazy how many people started the class never working in a kitchen. Almost all of those people have dropped out now halfway through 105.

No I used to be tight with my general manager and she made around 100k a year until she got *relieved* aka fired because she was never there and HR came in one day and popped her when she was suppose to be at work but gave her the option to leave with all of her benefits.

LeCordon Bleu degrees were useless even before they became unaccredited. That's why people have been complaining about them until they shut down their schools

Half of my classes were kids fresh from hs while the other half were retirees and ex military