I'm 18 and i never smoked a cigarette nor took a single hit in my life even if i have the chance everyday ; i can't...

I'm 18 and i never smoked a cigarette nor took a single hit in my life even if i have the chance everyday ; i can't explain why but i just think that something dangerous for an individual's health should be avoided. What do you think about smoking tobacco and if you smoke it, why you do it?

Had been wanting to experiment. So I did, first a menthol pack, then normal ones. Smoked 3 per day, mostly at night, for 2 weeks, then started having enough. Since the nicotine helped calm me down, I started vaping, but smoking cigarettes makes me just nauseous, so they're out.

The Fucked up my teeth gums luns hart Gave me thrombosis on my asshole
Do Not reccomend

How to quite smoking (including vaping)?
Need help bros.

Oh and dark Circles around eyes + pimples and ekzema on my face

Lock yourself up until the craving stops

my dad tried to stop smoking for like 20 years, always failed, last year he had an heart attack and hasnt touched a cig since.

Just stop doing it.
Pay yourself one dollar for each successful day
Who's in charge? You or the nicotine?

OP here , fun fact : my dad stopped smoking after 15 years when my mom "allowed" him to buy a PC (it was 2004) and he just turned one addiction to another , kek (he has a laptop now and likes to use photoshop and to watch films). I still don't understand why people start smoke nowadays, because i heard that in the past young people usually began smoking to feel more "grown up" just like their parents, but now as people's mentality has changed and we can consider ourselves as more intelligent i can't understand why young adults or adults keep smoking this shit

nicorette

That might seem strange to you, but I just like it. I like the taste of different tobbacos; or smoking a cigarette after diner, or sex.

It's a fucking metaphor, bitch

It's can be a nice pick me up when you're at an emotional rock bottom

or a nice treat to unwind

I see you, fault in our stars referencer

Kinda of a social thing. Yknow, if you're in an awkward situation where you need an excuse to bail out without looking weird

>I'm going for a smoke

Is a perfect excuse, that and it's something you can use to break the ice with someone else to start talking over a cigarette.

With that said, I don't buy cigarettes and only really smoke when I'm drunk. I think the taste/smell is horrible

I was the exact same as you, op.
I never drank nor smoked until recently (just last month.
I'm 19 and made a huge deal out of not doing those things cause I a) found it unnecessary since I'm pretty outgoing and b) I was afraid of what kind of effect it would have on me since I have a very addictive personality.

I kinda felt like doing it a while a go.
Found out drinking is not for me, hate the taste of alcohol (ethanol).

But smoking? That's another case.
I really smoking especially the nicotine high.
Since I suffer from severe depression and take pills for it (that barely works), smoking works wonders for me.
It calms me the fuck down and my mind goes blank in those minutes of smoking. Else it's a clusterfuck of nasty, depressing shit.

I highly believe that anyone should do anything they feel like as long as it is not directly harmful to others than yourself. So to anyone not wanting to drink or smoke, try it out. Try stuff out to see if you were missing out or actually become confirmed in your stance. That's sorta why I did it, I wanted to know if I would dislike it if I tried it and smoking actually turned out somewhat beneficial (I smoke once in a while to avoid becoming used to nicotine so it still hits hard).

Do you drive a car? Eat unhealthy food? Are you currently studying a shit degree that makes no money and also puts you in debt? Do you work out every day and stay maximum healthy? If you do anything that's unhealthy? They're unnecessary risks. Let's nerf the world.

For me it was the opposite, started smoking cigs at 14, drinking at 16, and now that im 21 im kinda over it, i stopped smoking without effort and just drinking like once or twice per month

>something that's dangerous for an individuals health should be avoided

nah I think it comes down to risk versus reward. with smoking it's high risk for very little reward in my opinion, the reward is just a dopamine boost not that different than you'd get from something sugary, and if you're addicted the relief of alleviating the craving. other drugs tend come with much greater reward and lower risk

It's a "cool" thing to do when you're young and pathetic. Curiosity gets the better of you. I don't smoke cigs anymore though, I vape. I only smoke fentanyl patches.

chantix. it gives you hallucinations and suicidal tendencies but fuk, you dont want to nicotine anymore!

think ibogaine is probably a better choice, plus you only have to do it once

i did it 7 years ago... did the whole 3 month program (my insurance paid for it) cant complain too much since i havent had a cigarette since

That's funny because I smoke, but I also brush my teeth, wash my face, moisturize, and exercise regularly and don't have those problems.

I suppose smoking and exercising is better than smoking and not exercising, but it still seems kinda funny to bother trying to stay in good cardiovascular shape when it's probably gonna be cancer that gets you anyway

i started smoking when i was 19 cause i couldn't smoke pot and inhale it into my lungs
now i'm just smoking cause it has a social aspect in my life and i'm getting in touch with other people and it became a habit