nature.com/bjc/journal/v95/n2/abs/6603236a.html
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/11479216
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/20516734
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/22198381
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/21097714
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/12514108
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/15313899
twitter.com/AnonBabble

I just started TOS and i think i like it better than TNG.

There aren't any roads in outer space!

Can anyone give me compiled list of stuff we know about the new show?

the ship looks like shit

The ship looks fine but the CGI is bad. I remember hearing that we don't have the same crew/setting in each episode/season. So maybe it doesn't even matter.

Ah this show, they only fucked up the setting, uniforms, opening theme song, cast, captain, ship, aliens, etc

>aliens

Second version was good

I don't get the Enterprise hate. They had Seth McFarlane and space Nazis, what's not to like

From recently re-watching I can safely say it's actually pretty good. I like the theme song too. The only problem is that half the crew seem to have very little personality, they aren't fleshed out enough. But I suppose you can only do so much in 4 seasons family.

Only DS9 and next Gen didn't have Space Nazi's

>DS9 didn't have Space Nazi's

I dunno if I'd go that far. The setting they fucked up a bit sure, but the rest of what you mentioned seemed okay to me. It's the acting I had a problem with desu.

No I mean literal dudes in WW2 German outfits. Also Dukat did nothing wrong, he was just destroyed inside by being constantly shit on by the universe.

>Dukat did nothing wrong

Raped the space pope and murdered best Dax because space Satan told him to

He did a lot of shit wrong really

"Commander, tell me about your sexual organs"

He was possessed by a Pah Wraith, what could he have done. I'm not gonna apologise for the shitty deliberate writing to De-Humanize him though, people were starting to relate to the poor bugger.

Watched TNG with my parents when I was a kid as it was released. Watching it again for the first time in 20ish years, and it's 10/10. Even the worst episodes are still a 6/10 (except for the Riker flashback one, which was a nightmare)

But why are all the Starfleet Admirals megalomaniacal weirdos?

Yeah Shades of grey can go suck mein tile

Setting wasn't that bad at all, my problem was the over-reliance on time travel in the over-arching plot, and I usually love time-travel stuff in sci-fi. I really enjoyed the "primitive" feel to it, it's something we could relate to, they were just getting started with interstellar travel. Same goes for the uniforms and the ship, it didn't even have shields and relied on hull plating. I liked that.

The first part of the theme song is catch t.b.h familia

I'll grant the cast wasn't good, the chemistry that we saw before, especially in TNG, wasn't there.

I like Archer more than Janeway, but that's as far as I go.

My only problem with the aliens was that it produced loads of continuity errors, we never see most of these species again. I greatly enjoyed them fleshing out the Andorians and their conflict with the Vulcans. The Xindi was a great concept, but as I said before, it produced loads of continuity errors since they are never seen or mentioned again.

When ENT was good, it was a fun show to watch. When it was bad, it was worse than Voyager.

>uniforms
Uniforms are great

>ship
The ship looks great

>aliens
ENT had great aliens, like the based Andorians

>Cast
T'pol, Trip, Reed and the doc were great. Archer was good.
Did the black guy even have any lines?

>gettin' from there to here

enterprise was good

>I don't get the Enterprise hate.
Some people really seem to hate Dear Doctor, but I like that episode.

I hope Discovery shows us the Romulan war. It can add the action and flair to attract modern audiences.

it was the temporal war that was the real blemish of the series

its the only thing wrong with it

i kind of liked the episodes when they were in the past tho

but those niggers from the future and their time war was stupid

>webm

They remastered DS9?!

>My only problem with the aliens was that it produced loads of continuity errors, we never see most of these species again.
I don't get this complaint because TOS has a shitload of aliens that are never seen or mentioned again.

>this shit right here, nigroid

Holy fuck that webm.

it was a short road ending the star trek franchise, wew lads

They had 3 weeks to knock up a promo for the show, and the ship isn't even a final design. I'd expect CGI on par with The Expanse. That ship is still ugly as sin though.

Not even just the aliens. There's an episode in S1...the first ever series... that has them rig the warp drive to send them back in time 20 minutes.

Destroying any need for tension ever again.

>that pic

S O U R C E for that webm family?

Crazy Riker was best part of that episode. He just came out of nowhere. I like how Captain Riker killed him such a "nobody has time for bull shit manor"

>The ship is great
>The cast is solid
>the set design and uniforms are great
>The general premise, with the temporal cold war, has potential
>The stories shit the bed something hardCORE

Enterprise had a hard life.

I watched TOS then DS9 recently and enjoyed them both but TNG is a struggle

I'll be honest, it's growing on me.

I can't remember who, but someone said "If it's a long-term, multi-season show, it's bad, but if this is just the ship we're getting for just this season, then it's perfect", which is something I can agree with whole-heartedly

>Photon Torpedo everyone...even yourself

youtube.com/watch?v=IJs0-hhOZFQ

They only fucked up the song and season 1-2 story arc. Everything else is as good as any other trek show.

>New crew and setting each season

>We might finally get a story about a Starfleet warship fighting on the periphery protecting federation colonies from the Borg or slavers

>literally a giant starfleet badge

I finally watched Beyond today. Shit was cash.
So did they fuck up or what when they said the USS Franklin was the first ship to make warp 4, when Enterprise makes warp 5 constantly and is literally the first NX ship ever?
And what's up with the THOUSANDS of bees in the final battle!? It was cool as shit but there weren't nearly that many soldiers on the ground or they'd have ravaged Kirk's little attempt at a rescue plan.
Rest was great.

Season 2 was dull and the finale was a slap in the face.

But season 3 was good and all the rest of season 4 was some of the best trek tv ever.

Basically, here's how you watch enterprise:
>watch s1
>hit the highlights of s2; best ep by far is "Similitude"
>watch s3
>watch s4, but treat "Terra Prime" as the finale; "These are the Voyages" isn't even canon anyway

It's not so much a fuckup as a "who gives a shit". Shit was still full of sweet ENT references and easter eggs.

This was confusing, since in Enterprise we see a flashback of them developing warp technology. And they jump from warp 3 to 5 tech pretty damn quick. Could be that Franklin was a ship like say the HMS Dreadnought that was state of the art but then was outdated within a few years.

We also see the rest of the Earth fleet when the Klingons chase Archer back to Earth, and the NX Enterprise is the largest ship there.

They de-canonized the ENT finale? If so that is fucking great.

Just keeps getting funnier
EVERY
SINGLE
TIME
I
SEE
IT!!!

where can i find a torrent already

I give a shit, could have said warp 6 for all I care.
What I'd love to see is Lin's resume now.
"Yes I directed drifting cars, drifting bank vaults, and drifting starships."
It'd not have an NX serial number in that case, they make such a huge deal out of the Columbia being NX-02 in season 4.
>watching camrips
Just wait for the blue ray if you're too cheap for the theater.

i didnt know there even was a TC

i always wait for good quality but when its something i really want to see i make exceptions

fuck i miss award season

Guess they didn't watch as many episodes of Enterprise as they claimed.

Also Archer letting Welshy experiment on his dog

TNG is worse in the first 2 seasons but it's the reason why we have ALL THAT STAR TREK, can't hate, still fustrated that all the good data episodes are stuffed with filler of other idiots going through life threatening crisis, like data wasn't interesting enough on his own.

oh well. voyager still my fav comfy show.

Still, Pegg won me over. I'd lost faith in this reboot with Into Darkness.
Too bad we are never gonna see them again.

I think Cardassians were the space nazi, torturing picard like 1984

S2 had a lot of ups and downs. The high points, like Measure of a Man, A Matter of Honor and Q Who were all great, but episodes like Up the Long Ladder, The Outrageous Okona and Shades of Gray were shit.

I'm pretty forgiving of S1 and S2 for TNG, though. They're really not as bad as a whole as I used to think.

Shades of Gray is okay if you have not seen "The Last Outpost," "Encounter at Farpoint," "The Dauphin," "The Icarus Factor," "Justice," "11001001," "Angel One," "Up the Long Ladder," "Skin of Evil," "The Child," "A Matter of Honor," "Conspiracy," "Symbiosis" (just prior to this, Dr. Pulaski taps the control panel of the neural stimulator without looking), "The Last Outpost," "Skin of Evil," "11001001," "Heart of Glory" (unknown clip of solar activity), "Conspiracy," "The Last Outpost," "Symbiosis," "Conspiracy," "11001001," "The Naked Now," "Skin of Evil," "A Matter of Honor," "11001001," "Loud as a Whisper," "A Matter of Honor," "11001001," "Unnatural Selection," "11001001," "Heart of Glory," "Conspiracy," "11001001," "The Naked Now," "Skin of Evil" (audio only).

>tfw can't find a decent desktop background of the enterprise B or E

Rewatching Enterprise now. At least until I get to alien Nazis. Definitely the best first season of any Trek show.

Enterprise is my favorite series. I especially like the theme song.
Fight me.

why do you want a desktop from a shitty movie?

This has bothered me for 20 years.

Why is McCoy such a dick to all these doctors in the hospital? He has 300 years of medical knowledge and technology that they don't. Hell the hospital he was at even likely contributed to that.

This one bothered me even more, because all he gave her was a pill to cure the diabetes. The only reason of which was developed because of the diabetes health crisis showing itself in that and other hospitals around the world in the 80's and now.

He's frequently pissy even when nothing's wrong but especially when other people are suffering, such as in a hospital

the real question is why did he have kidney regrowing pills on hand? is that really something you need in an emergency medical kit when you're time traveling

bones is always a dick

welcome to star trek kiddo

>why did he have kidney regrowing pills on hand
Maybe they also help for any type of physical kidney damage.

>Why is McCoy such a dick
Because he's McCoy?
It's like asking "why is Scotty fat?" or "Why does Spock walk with a stick up his ass?".
He's clearly too far gone to give a shit by that point. He also just saw Scotty give away the formula for Plexiglas or something just so they could kidnap the whales.

Enough talking enough thinking

>He also just saw Scotty give away the formula for Plexiglas
transparent aluminum! and also he encouraged Scotty to do it

Bones doesn't give a fuck

>Did Travis have lines?

Did you know I grew up on a cargo ship?

why is Riker such a dick to himself

Daily reminder that Enterprise was the very best Star Trek series ever produced.

Trektards hate it because it isn't gay enough.

of course.

>we could have gotten 7 season of it
You died too soon, sweet prince.

>Seth McFarlane

Enterprise was the only Trek series that was good from the very beginning.

Seasons 1-3 were the best. Season 4 was when the quality started to fade. All of the stinkers are in season 4.

he was an extra in the engine room for an episode

it was an unusual cameo considering he was relatively unknown and family guy hadnt become very popular yet

He was a boomer, ya know.

Based Shran was allegedly going to be part of the main cast, too.

>Romulan War Season 5

Remove Travis

I was thinking the bees were in different little outposts and that small sect was just in krall's little outpost. Cause they were in those shitty mountains

I always assumed it was a medicine that stimulated apoptosis of diseased cells and subsequent regeneration of healthy tissue in any diseased or injured organ in the body.

Similar to how cannabis oil cures cancer, no matter where the cancer is located.

nature.com/bjc/journal/v95/n2/abs/6603236a.html
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/11479216
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/20516734
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/22198381
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/21097714
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/12514108
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/15313899

>Trektards hate it because it isn't gay enough.

>there will never be another person as perfect as DeForest Kelley ever again

Context, gaylord. They were playing shirts vs skins in an outdoor ball game. Why are you tng tards such disgusting faggots?

>Context, gaylord
Was being shirtless in tight pants necessary for the "sorry my dog pissed on your land" ceremony?

They really tried to sexify the show in s1. Glad that they dropped that.

>no more sexy sweaty t'pol in a cotton sports bra

fag

the thing is TOS had Kirk taking his shirt off in half the episodes and alien babes in dresses barely held up by their tits, and fans complained that the TNG era was getting too sterile and sexless

then ENT comes along and they complain that it's TOO sexy

Are you a man? Are you as attracted to bare chested men as much as mentally healthy women are? If yes to both questions, then you're just a mentally ill person who sees faggotry in everything, because you're a faggot. It's not the show, Percy.

Literally shoving her breasts into Archer's face is too much pandering to teenage horndogs.

What is it about Combs who can rescue the floating corpse of a show?

god damn shes so fuckable

i dont care if her tits are fake

Butthurt trektards killed Enterprise. Nothing else.

I'd love to see a story about a lesser captain/crew on a New Orleans class or something similar, following in the Enterprise D's footsteps and maintaining relationships with newly-contacted races, quelling minor dust-ups, etc.

A show set on an Akira or Steamrunner putting out the last remnants of the Dominion war and settling conflicts with remnant factions of the Breen, Son'a, etc, that culminated in participation with the events of the Countdown comics, could also be GOAT

The NX-01 was the first warp 5 ship, right? They specify in the pilot that it was the first ship to be fitted with a transporter right?

So why did the first warp 4 ship have a massive transporter bay? It could transport groups of 20 vs the NXs handful.