Fuck netflix, and I'll tell you why

Fuck netflix, and I'll tell you why.

Back in the early 2000s when I was a younger man, I was interested in film/television. I spent countless hours searching for good films from the 50s to the 00s to watch. Hours spent pouring over directors and writers filmographies, of actor's appearance lists to find good kino.

Now with netflix people are just spoonfed classic movies with no effort required. I hear people talking about movies and I join the discussion, only to find out that they watched it because it popped up on their netflix feed, and they don't know shit about it.

Delete this thread you're embarrassing yourself you old fuck

netflix classics selection is terrible

in the UK at least

good b8 tho

thats true
i always liked american beauty and now a few weeks ago this normie i know stumbled across it and is acting like it changed his life,he literally would have had no idea it existed if it wasn't for randomly appearing on his feed

>more people are watching great movies and talking about them
Why is this a bad thing again? It's not even like American Beauty was obscure or anyone ever bullied you for being a film buff or something.

>old
>year of our lord 2000
>a young man

what are you, 13?

2000 was 26 years ago.

I agree that it's not a bad thing. The internet gives people exposure to music and films they might not have had access to, 20 years ago.

Technology has changed and moved on. Sounds like you should to, OP. Enjoy it for what it is. Or, be bitter about it.

haha memes

>Now with netflix people are just spoonfed classic movies
Not with Netflix streaming, they aren't. Streaming is for plebs unless it's just for the original TV shows. The DVD service is where it's at.

Did I give you that gif? Were you in that thread where someone commented on how he liked that faggy look Dean Stockwell gives, then I posted that?

Sure, if you've learned to count the american way

Whatever grandpa. Sounds like you revealed your power level to the wrong person, and they gave you the cross eyed contempt stare until you slunk back to your neet den.

There are film buffs out there who are as autistic as you are. Just look for them.

Being a film buff in general has become way easier since the advent of VHS/DvDs/ internet. Imagine living in the 70's and early eighties, where if you wanted to see an obscure french film you'd need access to a print, or be close to a indie theater. If you missed a movie in theater, well tough shit unless they do a second run. Unlikely for movies that didn't make a ton of money. There might be movies common today which would require hours of research and spare cash to find a print of. It's not like today where you can torrent or just find a Dvd at the store.

People who think they're "born in the wrong generation" aren't taking this into account.

What does Johnny Cash have to do with any of this?

even worse is when people haven't even seen the classic movies that do appear on netflix

like i was talking to this guy the other day and it turned out he had never seen good will hunting! I saw that flick in the theatre when it came out, it's been out on dvd for years and even on netflix now in some countries. no excuse for this type of plebeianism in 2030-14

So fucking what, are you people serious?

>classic movies
>good will hunting
I know you're baiting but I'm triggered anyway.

Name your 10 favorite movies.

Next you're gonna be complaining about cellphones because back in the day you had to use smoke signals
Most pathetic shit I've seen all week

>original screenplay
>won academy awards

i think it's fair to call it a post new wave contemporary classic

Netflix has a horrible catalog of films unless you are a basic pleb with no real interest in the medium.
also
>50s to 00s
senpai there's tons uppon tons of good films from the first half of the 20th century

>Now with netflix people are just spoonfed classic movies with no effort required.
Are you kidding?
This pic is outdated, but this was my entire Classics section BEFORE people started to complain about the catalogue shrinkage.
THIS WAS ALL.
Netflix could make a shitload of money off boomers who are retiring and want to watch movies with little trouble. There are so many old movies that could be licensed for a fucking song, but NF can't or won't bother.

It's a good movie, but I wouldn't call a film from the late 90's a classic.

>academy awards equals good/classic

>Half of their "classics" section is public domain garbage nobody's heard of
Doesn't matter. Turner Classic Movies and Criterion are teaming up to create the only streaming site worth subscribing to.

Buyfagging is still a pain. It was marginally better back when rental stores still existed.
I ordered a movie from Amazon last month and it was a goddamn Canadian box with English and French on it.

Wow cool, searching for a film is more important than the film itself. You must be one of those cinephiles.

if it wasn't for us, you'd be counting in german right now, you little bitch

>Buyfagging
Can't think of a more retarded term Sup Forums has ever come up with

Chad here.

I don't use Netflix.

All I need is chill, and I'm golden.