I know it's normal today to scoff at the Bible's teachings on Fornication and Homosexuality in the western world...

I know it's normal today to scoff at the Bible's teachings on Fornication and Homosexuality in the western world, but people forget those rules were made in a period before, vaccines, latex condoms, antibiotics, and other wonders of modern medicine were made. Being a fag and taking it in the butt 3000 years ago would have been a death sentence without today's modern medicine.

Other urls found in this thread:

foxnews.com/politics/2010/01/28/afghan-men-struggle-sexual-identity-study-finds.html
myredditvideos.com/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

ancient greeks and romans fucked each other in the ass non stop. Moreover there was no aids back there

That doesn't mean they lived very long

but the barbarians did lel

Plato died when he was 80. Majority of people lived more than 70 years on average

What the Bible says isn't just "period nonsense"
These are sensible things, we have just become nonsensical as a society and uncaring for what is best for our lives

I kinda feel bad for the meme i made about her now; it was so poorly made

Plato was a billionaire by ancient standards
A poor farmer might live a long time, but he has many opportunities to catch a disease or injure himself or starve and die.

All we've done in the modern world is eliminate these sorts of accidents

She's not actually dead, it was just a fake article

? Majority of the people lived until they were 40 for most of human history. It was considered an achievement to live past 65 in the US during the 1930s. And that was with modern medicine. With all due respect, I do not know where you got your information on that. I do know some smart people during the ancient times did live very long for the time period though

There were no farmers. Ancient greeks had slaves for did all the work. And what type of disease could they catch if they lived in closed communities.

Hm yeah good thing we have science now and shit indoors

Except India

Then i retract my previous post

I do agree with you. What I am saying is that degeneracy is less life threatening now then it used to be in the past. Back then, rules would have made sense to enforce agaisnt degeneracy.

Romans were mostly assfucking catamites - boys who were neutered and kept as house slaves.

Like I said, that doesn't mean both parties involved lived very long doing so. If you did that now, it would not be a big deal since you could be treated for any infections you received.

The major problem they had is child mortality. Aside from it they had experienced almost zero problems during they life. They lived in fucking heaven.
true. fuck each other is mostly a greek thing

That's average lifespan. Once you got to 15, your life expectancy was in the 60s. Children and babies died at a much higher rate.

As far as STIs goes, you'd probably catch more STis if you fucked some random man at the local public bathhouse than if you fucked your personal home-raised pampered fuckboy.

With all due respect, most people lived until there 40s. It was only the rich that got to live longer than that. I am really baffled that people cannot try and imagine a time before antibiotics.

True, still if there is any tearing in the anus that would have lead to an infection that would have been fatal.

During that period there were many plagues that nearly destroyed the empire that affected every age group. I am really confused where you are getting this information

>The major problem they had is child mortality. Aside from it they had experienced almost zero problems during they life. They lived in fucking heaven.
I believe it was Seneca - not sure, maybe another contemporary - who said that the ancients* lived far longer than the modern** city rabble
* their ancients, so pre-Republic, pre-urbanisation, living humble subsistence lives
** this would be post-Republic Rome, in the Empire days

Ass infections are probably pretty bad, yeah.

The Romans were also pretty clean too. They did know to wash there hands and there streets. Still that would not have protected them agasint STDS and the major plague events that happened during that time. I believe there was a plague in the 3rd Century AD that wiped out a quarter of there population

Plagues started about 1300 years after ancient greek civilization went downhill. Moreover the reason why plagues were rampant is because church would let people to bath because you can lose "holy blessing" while washing.
They life lacked a lot of factors that reduce your life longevity like stress, hard labor or bad climate

I am pretty sure much of Greek and Roman homosexuality was thig fucking smooth boys, not anal sex.
gay sex without modern medicine, ends up killing and infecting lots of people with gonorrhea, as it happens among modern afghans.

foxnews.com/politics/2010/01/28/afghan-men-struggle-sexual-identity-study-finds.html

plagues started in 1300 because the Mongol conquests were the first globalization of the world and diseases spread quickly east to west from people who had defenses, to people who had never been exposed and had no antibodies.

the same reason why americans natives were destroyed by european diseases.

That's not true, plagues have always wrecked havoc on mankind. This is not a church thing. There were plenty of plagues during the ancient Greek and Roman times. Matter in fact a plague devasted Athens and caused the downfall of there empire. The ancient times were not some mystical world where everything was better.

Point being?

Even if this is correct, it wouldn't be the first hedonistic pleasure made safer by modern science. Breaking your bones or dislocating joints during athletics, developing diabetes II from gluttony, getting some diseases from disgusting hetero sex, ....

>your link
All about semantic bullshit, nothing about communicable diseases.

'night user

You dont think homosexual men who engage in unprotected homosexual anal sex are more at risk than there straight counter parts?