Well guys I'm looking to move...

Well guys I'm looking to move. I'm from Chicago and this place has progressively gotten shittier and shittier to the point i honestly don't want to live here anymore. I'm a paramedic so I can't really afford relatively expensive place but I should be able to get a job anywhere. Any suggestions on where to move?

Mexico :v

NC is nice user, I've been around the country and around this state in particular all my life. It's nice and we have all 3 major landscapes here.

oregon
nicest people in the world

Yeah i like not getting decapitated so fuck that

Cicero here. What specifically do you not like about Chicago?

I was intrested in oregon. Can you tell me anything else about it?

Chicago is a crime infested hell hole. It's nice to visit and there is a lot to see and experience, very nice in that regard but I don't see it as the place to live. That said, most of my experience is the city and not the rest of the state.

Crime, the cost of living, the bears suck ass season after season, and waiting for CFD/the surrounding suburbs to open up is bullshit

Nashville here. Everyone's super nice, there are tons of hospitals you could get jobs at, and the ratio of women to me is 8 to 1. Look into it.

I never really considered it but i will now. Where are you from around and how is it there?

Lol, edit. Women to men.

chicago is fine on north side

Paramedic/Firefighter for city of Houston here.

I love it, but our pay sucks and pension is about to get fucked, so... probably don't wanna come here.

Dude I'm on the northside and its getting bad man. They want to start building section 8 housing 3 blocks from where i live

I've lived in Central NC around Raleigh and now I'm about an hour east of there. Where I am is pretty rural, an hour away from a few big cities like and 1.5 hr or so from the ocean. The mountains of NC are very nice as well. The worst part is it gets hot and humid af here but the seasons are pretty nice and defined.

Other than that, there's something for everyone. The city is nice as well, it's pretty low key all around.

That and i hear houston is expensive as shit

Locate a nearby city that has no ridiculous cost of living.

That sounds really nice. I'll definitely give it a thought and look into it

Cost of living is still really low--but it's gotten expensive to buy property within the city. Still cheap as hell compared to most other big metro areas, though.

Buffalo Ny.

Everything around chicago is getting shitty. And i was kinda looking forward to leaving and restarting somewhere

Anything peticular about it

How are the private companies around there because i assume getting on the department is hard as all shit

Good luck bro, and just to let you know the cost of living isn't bad. I had a nice apartment in the capital city for close to 800/mo in the nice part of town at that. Where I am now would be a super high end luxury apartment for that or you could go out in the country and find a nice house around 5-600