Medifag needed (pic related. It isn’t me but that’s what it looks like)

Medifag needed (pic related. It isn’t me but that’s what it looks like).

About 7 months ago I had a sore throat so decided to shine a torch down there to see if it was red or showing signs of tonsillitis or some shit and noticed that this weird flappy thing was sticking up. Went into instant panic mode because I had no fucking idea what it was, and drove to the ER. They explained that my epiglottis had flicked upwards and there was nothing to be concerned about, and that it should go back to normal in a few weeks. It’s been 7 fucking months and it’s still visible. Should I be concerned? Does it increase chances of Epiglottitis? Kindof a weirder question, but if a grill had this, would it affect her ability to deep throat?

tl;dr weird thing sticking up in back of throat, will I choke to death at some point

Other urls found in this thread:

healthfixit.com/epiglottis/
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

That's just a throatnail everybody has one silly

Its pretty normal yours is just up more does it still hurt?

I've got two throatnails

if it looks like that you probably do have epiglottitis. is it by chance making a strange squeaking noise ? any trouble breathing ? bruising on the throat, in or out ?

Ladies and gentlemen qe are perparing to land. Please ensure your Epiglot is flicked into the upwards position.

Not all the time, but when I do get a sore throat for what ever reason it hurts like a bitch. Can't eat, drink or talk very well for a couple of days. Might be unrelated but idk

MD here, just a classic case of having oral sex with farm animals. Gargle with salt water and maybe stop your activities for a couple of weeks.

Nope, breathing fine. Plus I think that if it was Epiglottitis, I wouldn't have lasted 7 months?

I think that in this case the MD stands for Massive Dickhead, thanks for your unhelpful comment tho

yes

Ingesting sperm will cause the epiglottis to recoil back into the throat. That's why this is uncommon amongst women. A lot of straight guys have it, most get rid by ingesting their own spunk rather than someone else's.

You don't go to the ER foo. You go to a regular doc office. Then you tell him to fix it. Foo

i think you're lying

>on Sup Forums looking for medical advice
KEK

Pretty sure you're growing a teeth in your throat my dude.

go see you PCP. acid reflux can cause it,or neuro muscular issues. or .....suckin dick i suppose. go to doc

Never really had acid reflux, but yeah will probably end up doing that

>a teeth

Why would anybody lie on the internet?

>Kindof a weirder question, but if a grill had this, would it affect her ability to deep throat?

looks like a fucking tooth lmao

hey ya never know

it does, and i hate it, just want it to go away

Holy shit is that a toenail in your throat?

no, it isnt a fuckin toenail. we all have one, it just isnt supposed to be visible

I used to have the same thing as a kid. Nothing to worry about.

Maybe if you suck a dick then you can help to press it down to have it hiding again.

any idea how it went back down again? did you go to the doctors or anything about it?

hey maybe!

No, I just waited for it to disappear. I had it for years and everytime I would try to tell my parents about it they would act like I was overreacting and like it wasn't anything there. Mine was red, though. Anyways, I wish I could help you some more. That thing can be annoying as hell.

You live on a farm?

Yeah mine were just dismissing it too. Luckily mine isn't red or anything, it just looks horrible and i don't want it to develop into something nasty

No, but I did, and still do, have a tendency to get worked up over small things when it comes to health related issues. For example I could have slight chest pains and think I was having a serious heart condition. My parents probably though I was overreacting over a sore throat and then I just let the whole thing rest.

I don't think it will, but I'm no proffesional, just speaking from experience. I don't know how it will affect an adult, but it feels like it wouldn't make much difference.

Go to the Doctor! don't ask people on here! it could be serious or life threatening! if it is epiglottitis, for example, it could be deadly if not treated! please go to the doctor, it probably is nothing, but don't take the chance!

Calm down Satan

its been 7 months, i would've died by now. plus i don't have any of the symptoms of it. idk man

healthfixit.com/epiglottis/

dumbass

didnt really answer any of my questions but cheers anyway

without that in the back of your throat you'd be swallowing food into you lungs retard.
search epiglottis
Was worried when I saw mine but's it's as essential to your body as your hands or heart or lungs etc. stops you DYING

I know what it is and what it does, it just isn't supposed to be sticking up like that all the time, which is why i was (and still am) concerned about it.

>healthfixit.com/epiglottis/
>didn't answer question
the image you used to make this thread is at the bottom of this page asshat. it explains exactly what you want the fuck drugs are you on?

I know, I read over the article and saw the image. It just isn't answering my specific questions, its just telling me what the epiglottis is (which i already know), what Epiglottitis is (which i already know) and that its common in fucking 4 year olds.