Let's talk about why DC Films are butchering the comics...

Let's talk about why DC Films are butchering the comics. For a start: cutting out the Joker's most horrific acts in Suicide Squad (Hitting Harley for instance) is such a terrible decision.

>But we showed a screening to some who found it too horrifying and disturbing
Well no shit... Joker is meant to be the most insane and psychotic comic book character ever and yet DC Films are butchering and damaging what he is meant to stand for: all the evil inside one of us. He is symbolic of that.

Suicide Squad was never meant to be a kids movie and it should have been R Rated so all these scenes could have remained in the movie.

I also wish that they did not cut out almost all of Joker's scenes even though Jared was method acting for 6+ months and filmed like 40 minutes of footage and I hear he only gets 7 minutes of screen time? What the actual fuck?

I am in no way a hater. I prefer DC's stories way over Marvel (although I do love Spiderman and wish that Spiderman wasn't in the Avengers i.e. that they continued ASM2 and did the ASM2 Sinister Six movie or continued Sam Raimi's series and made a Spiderman 4 but I guess good things are not made for this world), I do wish DC Films would get their shit together.

>Allowing Batman to be psychotic and violent but not Joker
This has to be a joke...

the movie isn't even out yet, i'll reserve judgement till i actually see it.

>I am in no way a hater. I prefer DC's stories way over Marvel (although I do love Spiderman and wish that Spiderman wasn't in the Avengers i.e. that they continued ASM2 and did the ASM2 Sinister Six movie or continued Sam Raimi's series and made a Spiderman 4 but I guess good things are not made for this world), I do wish DC Films would get their shit together.

my god man, get laid

>>But we showed a screening to some who found it too horrifying and disturbing
Even in the cartoon he used to abuse the shit out of Harley and no one complained

WB fucked BvS

then they come for the child

I mean the ASM3 Sinister Six movie which would have been incredibly awesome but instead we get another rebooted Spiderman with an innocent shy Indian playing a white bully comic character in an American school... how is that good casting?

>tfw the DCEU has gotten so bad that I started writing my own scripts for DC movies that I know will never be made but at least I know it's better than the shit we're getting

Being a DC fan is suffering, but at least the comics aren't all shit. Marvel movies are fun enough but still cheap blockbuster flicks

kys

remember that time he made her eat a disgusting burger for some burger shop commercial? kek

hey chris stuckmann, why are you up so late?

Who the fuck is that

Better than a 40 year old trying to play a 17 year old.

yeah but what they are doing in the film series hurts me so much

>tfw we will never see Spiderman 4 with Carnage, the original Doctor Connors as the Lizard and Bruce Campbell as Magneto

wow this movie fucking sucks man

wow just checked 36% hahahaha don't spend money on this

>I prefer a shy innocent Indian who picks on all white kids and asian kids
How can you like this casting choice? Are you just so pro Disney that anything they do you immediately love it?

Can you really imagine this guy going up to people and saying "Your lunch money now!"

He would get laughed at and beaten by a much bigger white kid.

google's your friend, mr. screenwriter

I wanted to go see it for Jared Leto but fuck I am pissed he is hardly in it as this has become Will Smith: Super Hero movie as I hear Smith is in almost every single scene as the main actor.

As much as I love Will Smith (Wild Wild West, I Am Legend, Seven Pounds, Concussion are all great films) I do not want to see him as the lead in a DC film. A side character yes but pushing him to the front and pushing Joker to the side is just a terrible decision...

That's fine with me, the Spider-Man trilogy is fine as it is. Everything got tied up nice and Raimi stopped when Sony started trying to exert too much control.

It'd be nice if Raimi came back and helped out on one of the newer Spider-Man movies, though assuming they even turn out good.

I'm not googling your fucking nu-Sup Forums memes

I feel like the new guy actually looks like I'd imagine a teenage Toby McGuire would. So I mean I G U E S S I T ' S O K A Y
desu kind of want the movies to finally get to an older spiderman, so hopefully now that it's in Marvel's hands it'll survive long enough for us to see it happen?

I feel like the DC movies wouldn't be as all over the place as they are now if they weren't rushing so quick to compete with the MCU.
Like remember how long they were building up to Avengers? Pretty much each of them got their own movie before they all came together, and now we're already getting Justice League next year after only briefly meeting batman, flash, aquaman and wonderwoman all in BvS?
Wayyyy too rushed.

nah Tobey will be killed off and we will get Black Spiderman in the next wave along side Black Iron Man.

I'd actually love to see a black spiderman (haven't read any of the comics yet though) I'm hoping they at least let his race play some role in his character so the switch isn't a complete publicity stunt.
not naming any names (ghostbusters)

fuck I meant Parker will be killed off

>I'd actually love to see a black spiderman
please tell me you are joking

The movies and comics are entirely separate. Goes for all adaptions. It's only butchery if the comics change to match the film.

Adaptions are basically big commercials.

>yet DC Films are butchering and damaging what he is meant to stand for: all the evil inside one of us. He is symbolic of that.

he's just a silly clown you neckbeard

>Well no shit... Joker is meant to be the most insane and psychotic comic book character ever

yeah wow spousal abuse how cuhraaazy and deep so unique and edgy it's not like that isn't something happening in homes all across the planet all the time

t. retarded consumer normie

>I say love
>I mean would be okay with

Who could be behind this post?

for real though what's even that interesting or shocking about spousal abuse anymore? its use to make characters seem villainous has been done to death

fair enough

In the case of the Joker and Harley Quinn there's more to it than that

These posts by mindless comic fanboys just prove they have no idea how movies work. As if general audiences give a fuck about your comic book nerd shit. You don't know anything about film so you just sperg over "muh comic lore!" while none of that has anything to do with why people panned it.

You can make a comic book movie that is both faithful to the source material, improves on it, and is acceptable to general audiences. In fact, if a filmmaker is making a capeshit movie and actively pushes away the fans of the source material, that's pretty shitty.

Except audiences and critics don't give a single salty fuck if it's faithful to the source material because they haven't read it 99 times out of 100. What they want is an entertaining, compelling movie. Only comic nerds give a shit about the source material.

Did you even fucking read what I said before you clicked reply

Movie isn't even out and marvel shills are in full force trying to stop, nay, slow down the locomotive that is Warner Bros. Suicide Squad.

Women should be bashed onscreen more

But the point is that Joker should be shown to be a real psychotic character and not a friendly clown.

If DC Films make Batman kill and not Joker be real aggressive and violent.. what the actual hell?

But imagine if that was your mother user.. would you want to see that done to her? I sure hope not

If she was a dumb whore, I say go for it.

It should happen more, for equality.

Funny thing... in Deadpool it cut the scene when Deadpool shoots a women yet he shoots multiple men throughout

>and people call Deadpool edgy
kek

hopefully we won't see him too much?

he is a main character so of course next to the other diversity actors

The days of white female leads is over

t. insecure poorfag

Can't stop a shit train when it broke down before it even left the station

I haven't seen the movie since it came out, but I remember him going into a rant about not knowing if shooting her would be misogyny or equality, so he doesn't shoot her in the end? I don't remember

>so he doesn't shoot her in the end?
he does but they cut the scene

>we want muh reddit audience

Ah OK, thanks dude
Kinda silly censorship in a movie with decapitation and all that

yeah I know right