Planes you like, continuation of >>727290953

Planes you like, continuation of >Avro Vulcan

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=5raExGELkdU
youtube.com/watch?v=i25Mi7fx7JU
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

okey

I think one of the key things was the rangefinding gunsight, like fucking black magic at the time, imagine the advantage.

>Nobody posted my personal favorite bird out of the entire previous thread
>myhiggityhearthiggityhurts.py

Watch this motherfucker shoot though, scary big cannon, wouldn't have wanted to be a 29 crewman.
>youtube.com/watch?v=5raExGELkdU

20mm cannons and .50cal machine guns, not enough you say - ok, here's some rockets for extra luls.

RATATATAT

>Based

One of the prototype Typhoon/Tempests

Nice Fagots

Heh, I spose it had to be done.

>F-16 might be the unwanted stepchild of the US forces but it looks mad

All American fighter jets look nice to me. Guess because I'm a leaf and we just buy planes from them and use 'em.

YF-23

2x boom buddy

>2000+20-3
>still being this edgy.

Cool photo

First plane I ever took a ride on. Lockheed L-1011 Tristar.

Someone else chiming in, it was my (limited) understanding that the training and gunsight that did it. I remember reading about how the russians acquired one, transported it back home, and immediately reverse engineered it.

Also, I know this is a beautiful planes thread and many people find the F-117 to be ugly, but there is something about it that I like. To me, it almost looks like someone started building a model of a race car, then changed their mind and decided to make it a plane instead. Oh, and all they had to work with was really stiff cardboard, a ruler, and a box cutter.

I do believe I spilled some cereal in the cockpit of one of those when I was like 4. Still got my pin though.

It's a shame the rear engines have disappeared, they look so sweet.

Nah this ones just a planes you like thread, figured it opened it up to more options.

911 jokes are just plane wrong

HHHHHHNNNNNNGGGGGGGG

No, we go right!
Right!
Right!

Waifu plane

It's even worse they're going to move to engine over wing, which might be awesome but it looks full potato.

Planes with canard wings look sex

that's actually really cute

favourite plane when i was 8 or 9 and played a simulator on my amstrad cpc6128, i think the game was called fighter bomber,

Agreed

and yes it is on youtube !

youtube.com/watch?v=i25Mi7fx7JU

How would this work?

The only badass war toy Canada ever made, it's a shame it was scrapped because who wouldn't want the AIR-2 Genie air to air unguided nuke.

Fighters shooting each other with nukes, literally the war to end all wars.

>AIR-2 Genie
Was that the one that had a blast radius larger than its range?

i think it gets miniaturized and then injected into the target's blood stream

underrated

Range of the missle was 6 miles and had a 1.5kt warhead. I'm guessing they could get away pretty easily considering the raw speed of that Jet.

Was meant to take out entire bomber groups

Not particularly well loved but did a shitload of work in a shitload of theatres, much like the Hurricane.

Fast bastard

>wouldn't have wanted to be a 29 crewman.

But if you were a top/belly/tail gunner you had every advantage against a single enemy fighter -- plus you could pretend you were Luke or Han in Star Wars (although I guess it hadn't come out yet).

5th gen Russian not ready for service yet comrade. Also over budget and budget not projected to cover maintenance fees, so apart from demo flights planes will rot in hangars like new submarines in dock.

No love for the jug?

Why? Because it pains you to admit that the 757 and 767 now have more confirmed kills than all First- and Second-World air-to-air aircraft since Korea combined?

Dayum Sweden has some sexy roundels.

No way, the 37mm had significantly more range than the early cannon and then .50's offered by the B29's turrets, it also carried a significant HE payload, coupled with the fact that the Mig-15 had a higher operational ceiling meaning they would be diving on you and shooting before you could return fire and delivering small grenades into your plane.

Yeah, he's been posted and plenty of love here

Shit! And it was sitting in plane sight!

Too soon.