Beautiful ambient albums

Are there any other albums like this? Nothing comes to close to giving me a sense of peace, clam, and tranquility than the first song on this album

I recently got thanked at my friend's house for putting this on after some drama happened and we all got into a fight. It chilled all of us out and we were able to make up and move on because of it

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/D7aYjRl_6Zw
youtu.be/JiHHR9I3XAc
allmusic.com/album/selected-ambient-works-vol-2-mw0000111038
rateyourmusic.com/release/album/aphex_twin/selected-ambient-works-volume-ii/
youtube.com/watch?v=CdlVsHndMko
youtube.com/watch?v=XYrQC-jWMFM
youtube.com/watch?v=Ycc53ldWGl0
youtube.com/watch?v=K8Bi_9nOu5Y
youtube.com/watch?v=o_gW3hYCiJk
youtube.com/watch?v=0uTPp4yfCp0
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Anything by Hiroshi Yoshimura

Specifically youtu.be/D7aYjRl_6Zw and youtu.be/JiHHR9I3XAc

>Nothing comes to close to giving me a sense of peace, clam, and tranquility than the first song on this album
I would disagree. For me, Eno's highly underrated and overlooked Apollo: Atmospheres & Soundtracks is even better. It does exactly what he intended his last album Reflection to do. Please listen to it.

This

>IDM
>Ambient techno
Please no. Have some respect.

>people who know nothing about ambient posting baby's first """"""ambient""""""

carlos nakai > brian eno

>Cliffs
>Rhubarb
>Lichen
>Stone in Focus
Try again

allmusic.com/album/selected-ambient-works-vol-2-mw0000111038
rateyourmusic.com/release/album/aphex_twin/selected-ambient-works-volume-ii/
I will give you those tracks, but what about Shiny Metal Rods, Hexagon? But hey, you have to gain credibility somehow.

one of my favourite ambient albums, just came in the mail too

are you seriously using rym and allmusic as your argument?
use your fucking ears

Shiny Metal Rods and Hexagon are Ambient techno, IDM songs, sorry. Sorry for using my ears.

>overlooked
>two of the tracks are Eno's best known ambient works

okay then bud
define ambient techo and idm
what makes it different than "ambient"

All I ever hear about on this board about Eno is Another Green World, Before and after Science and his Ambient 1 & 2 albums. And these are undoubtedly the most loved albums by his audience.

Pioneers of ambient music.

>Ambient music is a genre of music that places an emphasis on the tonal and atmospheric qualities over the rhythmic ones. It should evoke an atmospheric quality and accommodate several levels of listening attention without enforcing a particular one. There’s heavy usage of pad sounds and progressive modulation in an attempt to create a mood rather than something rhythmic. It is designed to create something that can be passively perceived and the focus is diffuse and better listened to at the periphery. The primary focus is the melody rather than the beat, bringing into motion a unique texture as well as more exploration and depth.
>A rarefied, more specific reorientation of ambient house, Ambient Techno is usually applied to artists such as B12, early Aphex Twin, the Black Dog, Higher Intelligence Agency, and Biosphere. It distinguished artists who combined the melodic and rhythmic approaches of techno and electro -- use of 808 and 909 drum machines; well-produced, thin-sounding electronics; minor-key melodies and alien-sounding samples and sounds. Ambient Techno is a slower, more relaxed form of Techno, incorporating the minimal elements often found in Ambient music.
>Born in the late '80s, the sound grew out of a fusion between the hard-edged dance music heard on the main floor at raves and larger club events, and the more downtempo music of the nearby chill-out rooms. DJs like Mixmaster Morris and Dr. Alex Paterson blended Chicago house, softer synth-pop/new wave, and ambient/environmental music, prompting a wave of producers inspired by a variety of sources. By the mid-nineties, IDM’s style tended to veer away from the Techno and House sound that inspired it, with a number of the key figures either choosing to go further down the path of experimentation or employing a much more beat-focused approach to their work.

Are you really fucking asking the difference between a song like this
youtube.com/watch?v=CdlVsHndMko
and a song like this
youtube.com/watch?v=XYrQC-jWMFM
2/10 made me reply and i'm pissed

this one may not be incredible but the first times listening are really beautiful
i'd love to see more that progresses like it

you didn't write that nice try
still doesn't explain how saw ii isn't ambient
>comparing two songs from different albums
>expecting them to sound the same omg
the point was
saw ii is ambient which it is.
you haven't proved otherwise

>you didn't write that nice try
Are you serious with this? So, if I personally haven't examined fossils, I can't possibly determine if evolution is true? I'm done here.
>saw ii is ambient which it is.
Not him, but I gave you examples: Shiny Metal Rods and Hexagon.
youtube.com/watch?v=Ycc53ldWGl0
youtube.com/watch?v=K8Bi_9nOu5Y
It's not an ambient album, it's an ambient techno, IDM and ambient album. Get over it. And your favorite musician isn't known mainly for his ambient work like Brian Eno is.

youtube.com/watch?v=o_gW3hYCiJk

Is this ambient or noise? I've heard people call it both

>it's an ambient techno, IDM a
pls tell me what makes those two songs ambient techno and idm. what makes it different than the rest of the album.

>. And your favorite musician isn't known mainly for his ambient work like Brian Eno is.
afx isn't my fav not even in my top 20.
I just like to expose posers :)

>afx isn't my fav not even in my top 20.
>I just like to expose posers :)
So why are you so adamant on defending him? I swear, this has become symptomatic at this point.

>Ambient 1
Shittest of the four desu

>So why are you so adamant on defending him?
im not defending anything. i just want you to explain to me how its not an ambient album. based on two songs that don't fit your "definition" while the majority of the album does.

How many times do I have to repeat myself?
>It's not an ambient album, it's an ambient techno, IDM and ambient album.

Based Budd is better than Eno.

>It's not an ambient album, it's an ambient techno, IDM and ambient album.
so far you have only mentioned TWO songs that fit "idm" "ambient techno"
what about the other 22?

And instead of investing yourself so much in defending a musician you supposedly don't like, why not experience some actually innovative and boundary pushing albums instead of an IDM producer who occasionally made ambient music?

this shit turns my stomach to dust

i heard all of those long ago stop posting entry level crap.

how can something be noise when it contains melody??? surely noise is the rejection of that

Explore krautrock and krautrock inspired artists, hear something unique, pure and something made for the right reasons. Klaus Schulze, Cluster, Popol Vuh, Tangerine Dream.
Those are entry level and an IDM producer who occasionally made ambient music isn't? Just stop grasping at straws.

>Those are entry level and an IDM producer who occasionally made ambient music isn't? Just stop grasping at straws.
afx is entry lvl also. where did i say different
keep up

And please tell me how many times have you seen German ambient and progressive electronic artist threads instead of thousands of Eno threads?

all the time.

The Tired Sounds of Stars of the Lid. every. day.

Sure, I believe you, since there are no Sup Forums archive sites active right now.

these two

also Eluvium's Copia

youtube.com/watch?v=0uTPp4yfCp0

Try Ambient 2

>tfw no slowcore ambient

Thank you! That's is what a thread like this needs.

Anything like this, anyone?

Came here to post this

ambient techno>ambient

>ambient techno>ambient
How dare you?

excellent choice
her songs from this year are also choice

came here to post this

For me it's 'On Land'

>highly underrated and overlooked
>Apollo: Atmospheres & Soundtracks

you know im right

You can think that.

I know it bud

wow thank you this is amazing

Just sage when you're shitposting please.

y-you too