ITT: Albums that killed a perfect discography

The King of Limbs is the best pleb filter since The Illusion.

Except Pablo honey killed it from the get go

Everyone said the same thing about Kid A in 2000. Enjoy having pleb taste

you go first

Ok I unironically like king of limbs and I don't understand the hate. Can someone point me to an album or artist who "did it better" or achieved what thom and the gang failed to accomplish? I really dig the synth/guitar combo and the organic vocals compared with the loops and synths. I like how, especially in the first half of the album. I really enjoy the fact that the samples are organic sounding, but they're manipulated and looped very synthetically-- it's such a nice contrast. And the melodies are very colorful to me, and there is no shortage of emotional depth, (codex and give up the ghost especially.) Fantano's review didn't really help clarify anything for me.

tkol is a grower not a shower

But nobody is looking back on King Of Limbs the way we look back KID A.

I really dont get why people shit on TKOL.
>Lotus Flower, Bloom, Codex, Separator

On the other hand, half of the stuff on HTTT is shit.

>Not liking Mr. Magpie

Agreed. Plus the live versions really enhance some of the tracks.

Yeah, I like KoL more than HTTT, The Bends, AMSP, and Pablo Honey

I think KoL is much better than Moonshaped Pool.

that's not Hail to the Thief

this

Diehard A Moon Shaped Pool fan?

I actually think codex is the worst song on the album, it's so static compared to the other tracks on the album. It's a very krautrock-y album, with the rhythms and synth experimentation, so I really don't understand why people don't like. It's also the Radiohead album wth the best rhythm section by far, the drums on songs like morning mr. magpie and lotus flower are unreal.

Amnesiac killed their discography 10 years earlier.

The only people who don't like King of Limbs are plebs who don't know any music theory.

AKA Fantano and Pitchfork.

wasted get

I feel sorry for people that don't enjoy this album but love everything else by Radiohead.

How can someone seriously listen to in rainbows and not be bored out of there fucking mind

Lmao what? It's top 5 Radiohead.

Bloom - Feral progression is one of their best.

This is one of their best albums though...

Hail to the thief did that desu.

At least King of Limbs has good production and top tier drumming.

I was waiting for someone to be so wrong

A Band I can think of:
REM - Around the Sun and Reveal

Also, people who say Modest Mouse are wrong.

Are we gonna include this monstrosity?

(it's not actually that bad)

I think TKoL is very influenced by Remain in Light, wich is a better album, I still like TKoL tho

It was worth it though.

For me Rated R was their worst album

But Separator is the greatest closing track Radiohead have recorded.
The whole album is so dance-able while still have Radiohead's solemn style.
Modern day Remain In Light.

it's not that bad

Soundtracks For The Blind > White Light From The Mouth Of Infinity > The Seer > Children Of God > The Glowing Man > Body To Body Job To Job > Greed > Young God > Cop > The Great Annihilator > My Father Will Guide Me Up A Rope To The Sky > Holy Money > Filth > The Burning World > To Be Kind > Love Of Life > Swans

>To Be Kind that low
bait

post yours

Absolute plebs

They had a few duds before this too though.

AnCo had albums before Sung Tongs you know? Also, centipede is GOAT.

>72734303
darnit

Are you pretending that Pablo Honey doesn't exist? I don't care what the melon says, Pablo Honey is by far Radiohead's worst album.

They will

That album is great and My Bloody Valentine have never had a perfect discography. Everyone forgets that they started off as a mediocre post-punk band. Go listen to This Is Your Bloody Valentine and Geek! and you'll see they made some duds in the mid 80s.

THE NEW ATDI ALBUM. GOD, IT'S SO FUCKING BAD. WHY EVEN CALL IT ATDI WHEN IT SOUNDS LIKE ANTEMASQUE.

Sorry, I'm just really upset that they even attempted to create an ATDI album when Cedric's voice has gone to shit after the years.

those aren't albums

Not him, but they absolutely will not ya loon

Ded before it even started, lad

would probably be pretty similar to yours with TBK closer to around Seer, CoG and TGM

are you serious
its not amazing by any means but its surprisingly good

reveal isn't even that bad, around the sun was absolutely atrocious though

Their discography wasn't perfect, but yeesh.
This album is lazy, boring and mediocre.

Kid A was 100% regarded a classic 6 years after it came out

I'd be more inclined to agree if pic related had not been born out of it.

Very untrue post

Music theory is something that is alright to be a vehicle for appreciating something, but it shouldn't necessarily make or break an opinion about something.

TBK and The Seer are super similar albums, the disparity you have makes no sense

What is the fucking deal with people hating on this album? It's so good.

Wrong

Absolutely not, they are closer to being opposites than they are to being companions. The songs are structured in obviously different manners. Songs in The Seer feature conspicuous transitions within dynamic songs that are rife with lyrical and sonic imagery. To Be Kind possesses smooth, linear, predictable songs, many of which rely on grooves that I find distasteful. To Be Kind is enjoyable in its own way, but it isn't similar to The Seer in meaningful ways. Among the three, To Be Kind is the odd child out.

Era is actually good. Like Clockwork is what you probably, and incorrectly as well, meant to post.

100% this. I literally cannot fathom how people on here say HTTT is their favourite Radiohead album. It's one of two things that is commonly posted here that makes me 'triggers' me.

>being this pleb

>the fall

>half of the stuff on HTTT is shit.
more likely 80%

actually it's a great album and their last album worth listening to imo

t. antonio fandango

>rings of saturn
>a perfect discography

Literally just 2technical4u wank material with no heart, mind, or substance to it.

kiil yourself

>Modern Day Remain in Light
I couldn't have said it better myself.

Wrong pic dude

get tf out of here... Wolf is his best album

This.

Sure Plastic Beach was a hit or miss for some people. but everyone liked it, this one is just a giant fuck you to everyonne who still took Damon seriously as an artist nowhere days

OP said perfect discographies ruined, not shitty album after shitty album

meow the jewels

pitchfork still gave it around an 8 right?

(It actually is)

>being this pleb
Spikes, Bubbles Buried and Hot Head are among the best dg songs

Why don't people like this album? I can't be the only person that didn't mind it.

That album is good too. Just cause it's not like their other albums doesn't make it bad.

River in the road is on that and thus it can't be bad.

Because they're plebs. Straight up. King of limbs is wonderful.

radiohead didnt give kol a proper release because its shit. in fact the band isnt that amazing. who the fuck goes to radiohead for music when we had like over 20 years to do so, shit is stale, yorks voice is stale

>implying that radiohead's music is beyond decent from a music enthusiast's ears
radiohead is like rap, its music for people who dont give a shit about sounds but about their feelings and lyrics. darkness and being a millenial

You should elaborate on that. Not as we can agree with you, so we have more reasons to call you out of your mind.

Songs like Separator, Lotus Flower, and Give Up the Ghost are among the best songs the band's ever written.

that artwork is still amazing btw

Thank you for acknowledging white light. Its my favorite actually.

Lol'd

Fuck off, it's good.