Today I failed to successfully give somebody CPR, anybody want to chat?

Today I failed to successfully give somebody CPR, anybody want to chat?

Other urls found in this thread:

imcest.com
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Sup Sup Forumsro. I gave CPR to a friend at work for an hour after he had a heart attack, and he passed away the next day at the hospital. Gave the CPR and used the AED correctly, but some people just cant be saved with CPR.

The fact that the person died doesn't mean that you gave it wrong. At least you tried. I don't know the details but most people wouldn't even get near that.

What happened?

Was in town with friends, we saw a big commotion so we wandered over out of curiosity. Middle aged man was on the floor and a woman was crying and screaming. Everybody was just stood there staring. I was pretty stunned as well but one f my friends said something "I think he's had a heart attack" and that's what triggered me to try and save him. I did a first aid course ages ago as mandatory thing at work. I kept trying and one of friends called an ambulance. I'm not sure how long i was doing it but it felt like a while eventually a medic moved me and my friends led me to a bench.

i think I did the actual process fairly right, although I struggled to get the exact rhythm right. It's not like it matters though

Dude, cpr is bullshit. If someone gets cardiac arrest near you, you should give him cpr, but don't get Your hopes up. Most people cannot be saved by cpr. It taught to people only because it's better than nothing

Feels shitty man

It happens, mate. You try your best, they don't always make it. Just a truth you've gotta face.

I remember being told at my first aid course that it's only a thing because it's better than nothing but I'm still feeling pretty shaken by it, I wish I could have done more

CPR is pretty shit bro. These days they dont even train breaths, used to be 2 breaths, then 30 compressions, now its just compressions, and perfect tempo doesnt do shit, a little fast, a little slow, no difference. as long as you werent going over 100 bpm or say under 40 it will help plenty.

I got over it immediately, I did everything correctly, did everything I could, apparently his heart was just tattered meat, they were surprised I started it back up twice. Shit happens.

>Dude, cpr is bullshit
This is objectively false. CPR saves a *lot* of people. This isn't like the movies where when someone gets hurt they stick a needle into their heart and shoot them full of adrenaline, or just shock them and they're fine. CPR saves people.

Sooooo... You did something to save a guy while everyone else stood around and did nothing. Makes you the hero of the story.

You did everything you could. You're a good man user. I know it easier said than done, but don't overthink the situation

Thanks

The hero of the story would have saved him

True.
Imagine being one of the people that just stood there.

thanks buddy, i dont feel like I'm going to sleep well tonight.

So you think that every firefighter saves every victim every time?

How about mom fucking? imcest.com

Can't believe you killed that guy

I spent a year doing psych consults in a high volume urban ER. CPR usually fails. If its gotten to the point where you're doing compressions the person you're working on is probably going to die.

Not your fault.

>The hero of the story would have saved him
Quit your moping you little fuck. People who work as EMTs, cops, and firefighters see people die all the time, and they don't bitch about it.

Yessss...strike him down

These are good points, I know youre right logically but it doesnt stop me actually feeling like shit.

You're gonna feel like shit for a while. That happens to all of us the first time we see a person die, especially if you had a hand in it, or felt like you had a hand in it. My advice? Go live your life dude. It helps. Go chill with your friends, plow your girlfriend, walk your dog. At first it'll be hard to enjoy because your mind will be switching back to the death every now and then, but after a while, could be a few hours, could be a few days, you'll stop and think, "Oh shit, I'm supposed to be sad about that dude," because you haven't thought about him in days.

CPR stands for 'consoling peoples relatives'. It usually doesnt work but somtimes it does. It obviously depends on patients age and underlying medical issues. No worries. You tried. Thats all you can do.

I think you're right, I'm usually very logical about knowing sad feelings will go away eventually. It's getting through the hard bit. I was a mess when my long term girlfriend broke up with me even though I kept telling myself I wasn't going to feel that way forever.

It's okay to feel bad, but it's not your fault, and remember, You're a good man