So, since the govt. can now spy on my browsing history, sell it, and make it really easy for hackers to get my shit...

So, since the govt. can now spy on my browsing history, sell it, and make it really easy for hackers to get my shit. Is there a way to protect myself from that? I'm asking If theres any alternatives, like constantly going incognito, switching browsers, something without history??

Other urls found in this thread:

lifehacker.com.au/2012/04/how-to-build-your-own-vpn/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Yes. Emigrate.

Don't use the internet at all. Bye.

Shoot for north Europe

>better income
>better healthcare
>almost no crime by comparison
>authorities actually get burned if they cross the line
>biggest problem is a shortage of workers

1. The bill passed the House. It's not law yet. It might fail in the Senate (yeah right). Trump might legit veto it; his base is pissed.

2. For the love of god, provide your own router. If your ISP is providing a router, you're gonna have a bad time.

3. They can only see top level domain if you're using HTTPS (you are, right?).

4. TOR is a thing. Then they only see TOR.

5. 5calls.org

HTTPS is pointless if you're monitoring the handshake.

They could do this anyway.
Now they can just do it legally.

Make your own VPN, bro

lifehacker.com.au/2012/04/how-to-build-your-own-vpn/

Same issue as here They could go so far as to replace the VPN host as a whole and you'd never notice. Unless you travel outside of the US to set this up, and exchange keys with the server that's also outside of the US. Otherwise they'll be intercepted and be available for MitM attacks. Given how they've tried to automate a lot of this, I would be disappointed if they don't already automatically neutralize your attempt at evasion this way.

b-but... my f-foolproof plan, user...

Switch to GNU/Linux, start using the ToR browser, encrypt your drive, slowly stop using websites that log your information, like Sup Forums for example.

I can't ween myself off Google's services so I just use some accounts I've stolen from idiots who can't secure their shit properly.

That's not even close to true, you god damn moron. Do you have any idea how Diffie Hellman works?

>build your own VPN
>you now are even easier to track because you've connected a credit card to your VPN
>"b-but, what about Bitcoin?"
Bitcoin isn't Anonymous either. All transactions are public and therefore traceable.

>They could go so far as to replace the VPN host as a whole and you'd never notice.
That isn't even close to true. There are issues with DIY VPNs to hide traffic, but that isn't one of them. Do you have NO idea how fucking asymmetric encryption works at all?

I know that if the connection is monitored from the start I'll be able to copy your keys as you exchange them. And then use them to decrypt your traffic.

Cool your tits boy. If you can intercept the public keys, your party's over. Given you're not physically next to the thing, which would be pointless given that unencrypted traffic will then still be flowing out of your house, you exchange this over the internet. The monitored section of it.

Look up black cock. They'll see your history and become distracted and infatuated with black cock and unable to be concerned with the rest of your history. Doesn't matter what you did online after that.

>Cool your tits boy. If you can intercept the public keys, your party's over. Given you're not physically next to the thing, which would be pointless given that unencrypted traffic will then still be flowing out of your house, you exchange this over the internet. The monitored section of it.
FYI this is why PGP key exchanges are done in person.

>I know that if the connection is monitored from the start I'll be able to copy your keys as you exchange them. And then use them to decrypt your traffic.

The entire point of public keys is so they can be intercepted and it won't matter for shit you dumbfuck. That's why they're called "public".

Here's my ECDH public key : 618bae5899d25a8d05766a3b84bf2a1bef0fada6705d046863835d476ac1168e
You can't do shit with it because it's a public key.

They're called public because they're the derivative counterpart to the private key you absolutely never share because it provides the seed value for disparate instances that the public key of the RECEIVING party can decrypt.
This key is called public not because you post is on the internet, but because you hand it over to someone who isn't you. Ideally in person, on a thumbdrive.

>FYI this is why PGP key exchanges are done in person.
They aren't though. Snowden gave his PGP to journalists over the net, for example. The entire point of DH and PubPriv crypto is so you can exchange in public without worrying about your key getting stolen by someone watching the exchange.

You've got to be trolling.

Give me one good reason why if you and I have the same key, we could not decrypt the same message, if we're both using the same (your) traffic?

no, senate definitely already gave the OK so now it's just got to cross ol Donnie's desk and he's already said he's going to give it his OK

Niggas don't know 'bout my asymmetric encryption algorithms. Glad this user does tho.

We both don't have the same key. You have the public, like everyone else, and I have the private.

Like a skeleton key?

>Snowden gave his PGP to journalists over the net
So *they* could send *him* encrypted messages. Provided he also has their key of course.

You don't seem to understand the function of public/private keys in the algo.

You need to read up on symmetric encryption vs asymmetric encryption. I hope you aren't in a tech field for a living because you are a noob shit.

I would blow your mind if I namedropped the cryptographers I work with.

Just get Norton antivirus. It will help with internet travelling

No, not even close, but good try.
Think of it more like one key that locks the lock and another one that opens it. Everybody can lock my locks, but only I can open them. Alternatively, I could use my private key to lock a different kind of lock, and with their copy of my public key, they could know I'm the one who locked that lock, since only I can lock those special kinds of locks.

This. I've dealt with ECC+DH in >2000 LOC communications projects. The other user is definitely not even codemonkey.
No you wouldn't. Unless you said the name of someone who died more than 80 years ago. That might blow my mind.

Cash is the only anonymous payment. Use cash for everything, everywhere. It's very convenient for any in-person payment. It has tons of good attributes. If enough people are using cash, it will continue to exist.
But people are moving away from cash, only want to use cc for everything. If cash dies out, then we are really boned. Especially when "taking money out of the bank" ceases to be a thing, when money only exists in the context of a bank.

I doubt it, but drop some names nigga

Sure let me just trainwreck my career to impress some skiddies on Sup Forums.

It's unfortunate that arrogance tends to be inversely proportional to ability. Guess I shouldn't complain about people making my job easier.

>Sure let me just trainwreck my career to impress some skiddies on Sup Forums
Still waitin on those names, brah

So much arrogance in your posts and you don't even realize it, god damn

>Cash
>Anonymous
No it isn't. You have to either hand me cash, or drop it somewhere using your physical body.
There is simply no way to create any form of anonymous payment method because authenticating who you are is an inherent part of buying services most of the time.

>implying telling people who you've worked with is sufficient image for a correlation attack at less than three cryptographers
>implying anyone would care if you told others who you've worked with
Top kek. I guess you worked as a cryptographer in the navy seals while getting over nine thousand confirmed kills?

>biggest problem is a shortage of workers

yes goy we need more 'skilled' immigrants from arabia and somalia

He is just an obvious troll judging by his lack of knowledge on something as simple as asymmetric vs symmetric algos. Even if he does work with a famous cryptographer, he obviously isn't technical. Getting them coffee doesn't really count as working "with" them.

tl;dr asymmetric encryption is still safe. I'm not 100% sure but I believe HTTPS should be safe. I don't completely remember how the whole certificate authority shit is done in detail.

They might think you are the president or historical figure on the bills used. Could lead to confusion

good thread I've understood almost half of everything so far.

Forunately I dont have to worry about any of this since I have McAfee (THANKS WINDOWS 10)

Anonymous means with no name. If I hand you cash, there is no record of who I am, you don't know my name. There is no transaction history log to review.
Bitcoin has no names either, but there is a history log of all payments, which could be traced to you if they can link you to the payment addresses.
A pass-book bank account, could have been anonymous, because there was no need to prove your real name.
Cash is basically anonymous. Unless you hire a private detective to follow me and determine my identity? I guess on Sup Forums you'd say posters aren't anonymous, because the packets can be traced. But Sup Forums is at least on its face anonymous.
And I don't know in what sense identity is key factor in cash transactions? Certainly not at a restaurant, grocery store, department store, in most cash transactions determining identity is irrelevant, unless I am renting a car or buying a plane ticket.
Cash is still the best payment option.