King Gizzard and the Lizard Wizard

Sup Forums,

Is King Gizzard a meme band or legitimate band?

If the latter, top 5 songs?

Thanks,
"Little" Stevey

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=6Inr7FKKWLI
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

DUDE SICK BAND

it's definitely a meme. Their sound is exactly the same across every single one of their albums, the only thing that differentiates the albums are stupid gimmicks (this one is like a four-part opera! this one uses a micro-tuned guitar in the mix! this one plays continuously!)

Still, listen to an album or two of theirs if you haven't heard them because perhaps their extremely dull BWAAAUUUUUUUOOOOO blowout loud psychedelic, monotone, wall-of-sound rock will be just what you're looking for

name 5 bands YOU like before i know to consider your opinion or not

If you like them, which I guess you do, you should just like them

KING
GIZZARD
And the
LiZARD
WiZARD

King Gizz are hit or miss for me.

The Nonagon trilogy? amazing
Head on/Pill? amazing
Half of Quarters? amazing

everything else is either pretty good (paper mache dream balloon) but not really enough to keep me coming back, or flat out boring.

Theyre both.

There is a blatant memetic quality to them but they are quality musicians.

Its like Australian shitposting

There is no connection between any of their albums

>no connection
>people-vultures cameos in their new album
>so does a "nonagon infinity" chant

great band but slowly becoming a meme on Sup Forums, soon it will be uncool to like them

god forbid a band has "fun" releasing stuff

I like em

I KNOW, anyone who hates them hates FUN and WEED

garage rock band doing their best to stand out with well thought out gimmicks. Head on/pill was cool but their music is just so samey

fuck off Kenny

I don't know how they generated so much attention, personally. Every album has the same mediocre sound, but people seem to buy into the meme band name and silly gimmick themes, masking the true mediocrity.

Either that or it seems better than it is compared to all other Australian music. Boosted garbage.

i like them a lot. they dont really make anything deep or meaningful, just inventive and fun to listen to

ODDMENTS IS THEIR BEST ALBUM

Post actual good psych
>Guru Guru - UFO

>gimmick
i have never really understond the meaning of this insult on the band, like just because they feature the "muh microtonal elements" or something, im not gona give them more credit for that but for the music itself but just because the band uses the microntonal stuff Sup Forums sees it as an opurtunity to bash it.

lmao not even a (you)

(you)

what Sup Forums calls a gimmick for gizzard would be praised as experimental and "going out of their comfort zone" for any other band

Im into good music

Mac DeMarco, King Gizzard, Three Oh Seas, Wavves, Thinking Fellers Union Local 182, Cloud Nothings, the list goes on...

They seem like a less good OH SEES

Gizz > Thee Oh Sees > Ty Segall > Wand

I really wish I could get into their new album

I like it, I really do. I can jam the fuck out to digital black and vomit coffin but the constant narration of the story ruins it for me. It stops me from coming back and enjoying a song I like because I have to listen to three minutes of monologue every time. I got everything I could get out of it the first time, hearing it again does nothing for me

You can have a concept album without needing someone to literally narrate the entire thing, Its much more engaging to piece the story together yourself through the lyrics and the way song sounds, not having someone spell it all out for you

this

Australian Shitposting: The Band

>'not having someone spell it out for you'
>not realizing the whole gimmick is spoken-word, just like their last album was microtones

DUDE that narration is so SICK

legitimately in my top five favorite bands. they're fucking mental

I really liked them at first, got bored with them pretty fast.

Oh wow, I did not notice that there was something specific about this album that separates it from the rest. Gee, thanks for pointing that out for me, kind user

Fucking retard, of course I understand that's the gimmick of the album. I love that they try new things while still maintaining their original style. But this album simply doesnt work. The gimmick was a dud

Top 5 songs, but after I typed it I didn't agree with it but whatever

>Paper Mache Dream Balloon
>It Got Old
>I'm In Your Mind Fuzz
>Mr Beat
>Hot Wax

that record is fucking legitimate. love it so much.

King Gizzard are lousy

Gross band, gross, gross people

last album was good but new singles suck.

favorite songs
-sleepdrifter
-robot stop
-human-vultures

best songs are

-cellophane
-sleep drifter
-head on
-gamma knife

tfw Americucks will never understand the poetic ode to vegemite this tune is. Ausfags rule.

youtube.com/watch?v=6Inr7FKKWLI

YEAST AND VEGGIES FOR MY BODY

PUT IT ON THE TOAST, SEE

ITS THERE ON YOUR SHELF

ITS NOT BUTTER

IT WONT CUT HER

STICK IT IN YOUR MOUTH, SEE

ITS A WEALTH OF TASTE

VEGEMITE!

/gizzard/ general?