Best: Richard D James Albu

Best: Richard D James Albu

Worst: I Care Beacuse You Do

Underrated: Syro

Overrated: SAW 85-92

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=VgcBbe241YU
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

fuck richard, where the fuck is steinvord?

youtube.com/watch?v=VgcBbe241YU

best: drukqs

worst: saw 85-92 by far

underrated: saw II

overrated: rdj i guess

Best: Drukqs

Worst: SAW II

Underrated: Melodies From Mars

Overrated: RJDA

Analord 7 >

>Best: SAW 85-92
>Worst: I Care Beacuse You Do
>Underrated: Syro
>Overrated: SAW II

>Underrated: Melodies From Mars

tfw my favourite is saw8592

Syro was my 2014 aoty and I don't really like the afex

that is the objective truth, anything else is just contrarianism

>Worst being any of the SAWs

That's a bold claim

Best: Syro

Worst: Come to Daddy, if EPs don't count then ICBYD

Underrated: Syro

Overrated: Richard D. James Album

Best: I Care Because You Do...

Worst: Syro

Underrated: I Care Because You Do...

Best: SAW 85-92

Underrated: Drukqs

I was driving in my car some months ago and listening to the quiet closing track of Syro.

I had been studying the Gettysburg Address in detail, and I got an inspiration. I re-started the track, let it play about two minutes, imagining quiet text/picture setup of the historical context in a video. Then I started slowly, deliberately reciting the phrases of the address, alternating during the quiet bits, letting the music and birds chirp away during the "louder" bits.

It fit really well, I thought. Would make a good short informational video.

Best: SAW 85-92

Underrated: Surfing On Sine Waves

Far from a bold claim. It's a great little box of lighthearted tunes.

That's not Analord 2

This

How is SAW II overrated?

Because it is constantly praised as the best thing he's ever done when it's not

I mean it's one of his highest works, especially Stone in Focus

It is, though.

Go anywhere, look at anything. There's plenty that's good and even great, obviously, but none of it touches what SAW II actually does, and is.

The club acid tracks of the Analord cycle? The edgy abrasive music video tracks? the file dumps? The odd early track from a side-name? The quiet yet slightly-dated beats of 85-92 (which bears the more arresting meme-cover which is part of its popularity)? No, these are generally fun and even transcendant at times (Pancake Lizard, Alberto Balsalm), but they are not /the best thing that RDJ ever did/. Which actually is SAW II. And it's too bad that you don't understand that.

But I get it, your mind is made up. You're just simply wrong, that's all.

Pretentiousness: the post

That's fine but the point is to make it clear that I actually have listened to as near to all of his stuff as makes no difference, and that SAW II actually is his best work, and that I do know better about this than most other people, even most fans.

You don't have a point. "I'm right" isn't an argument.

>all this overrated RDJA

Solid opinion lad, but you really shouldn't present it as fact

The argument was contained in the earlier post. If you had a substantive counter-argument, you would have presented it by now. Let me know just how and why Caustic Window tracks or Green Calx (or whatever you have in mind) are so much better and more interesting.

We are discusssing a subjective topic: music appreciation and criticism. I am passionately applying rhetoric in the service of an opinion that I have, and do feel strongly about. The language thus contains rhetorical techniques.

Please let me know where in this thread I was explicitly stating an opinion as a fact. Let me suggest that that's really going on is that you think to yourself, "I don't like how forcefully you said that stuff".

SAW II clips to a distracting point, and is a purely ambient album in comparison to other better work which combines attractive ambience and interesting rhythms. Add on that there are a few tracks that are repetitive and not atmospheric and interesting enough to merit it. Analord is more than "club acid", conveying more complex, interesting, and deep atmospheres even in rhythmic tracks than a few of SAW II's tracks. See Analord 2, Fenix Funk, Cilonen, etc.

>Please let me know where in this thread I was explicitly stating an opinion as a fact

How about "I know better than anyone and fans" and "you're simply wrong"

>best
SAW II, and its not even close
>runner-up
Drukqs
>Worst
ICBYD, some of the tracks just aren't up to par of his other work imo
>Underrated
Syro
>Overrated
RDJ Album

>It is, though

>And it's too bad you don't understand that

>You're just simply wrong

>SAW II actually is his best work

You're good as long as you throw in a "I think" or "I believe" in there a couple times.

Which are opinions, try reading better, between the lines, etc.

I don't believe this! SAW II is so good that you're all meant to defend me and agree with me, and the only one I've got on my side is the bloodsucking tripfaggot!

ur bein a right dingus my man, just saying. SAW II is an amazing album but not everyone has to think that way lmao, aphex has a quality enough discog where basically any record can be anyone's favorite and it's okay.

>casually choosing a worst album by Aphex Twin instead of seceding and ignoring the thread

ITT: people that like a couple of his albums and can't into the rest because their autism is too high-functioning

Aphex Twin got worse and worse after SAW85-92, and that album wasn't even that good in the first place. It's like an inferior version of the sound already pioneered by Juan Atkins and Derrick May, and mastered by Orbital.

Fuck anyone who says SAW I and II are his worst.
>Best
SAW 85-92
>Worst
I Care Because You Do
>Underrated
The full Analord series
>Overrated
None of them

>Best
Syro
>Worst
I Care Because You Do
>Underrated
Syro
>Overrated
SAW II

everyone who said icbyd is worst is on my permanent shit list

YEAH, user, THAT MEANS YOU

Yeah, it's a thing.

The thing with RDJ is that he has so many different styles and formats of release that when people talk about /proper albums/, they're talking about a tiny yet important percentage of the work, so it's kind of a silly category to isolate in a way.

RDJ's release-format-of-choice has always been the /EP/, of which there are dozens. Four-or-six tracks, here and there, as I feel like it, maybe about a half hour of music. GAK, The two ventolins, each analord platter can be thought of as an EP, and so on. Longer intentional collections are more of an exception.

Still, ICBYD does sound a bit sophomoric compared to the rest, esp. after 85-92. The big redeeming feature of the album is Alberto Balsalm.

Now this is an interesting opinion which I don't agree with, but it's spicy enough.

Why is Syro your favorite Aphex Twin album user? What exactly do you like about it so much? Please let us know.

>Best
I Care Because You Do
>Worst
Syro
>Underrated
I Care Because You Do
>Overrated
Richard D. James Album

>single best tracks
Flim and Windowlicker

>best - icbyd
THIS

>Best
The Tuss - Rushup Edge
>Worst
Syro
>Underrated
Expert Knob Twiddlers
>Overrated
RDJ Album

i think thats very endearing and sweet to think about and know you made that connection but that sounds *SUPER* autistic user

>Best
Drukqs
>Worst
saw II
>Overrrated
saw 85-92
>Underrated
syro