Other urls found in this thread:

wordpress.mrreid.org/2012/04/16/why-kettles-boil-slowly-in-the-us/
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

this pissed me the fuck off when i moved to texas

coffee makers were a dime a dozen

but i had to go to 3 different places before i found a kettle

because they lost the war

Tf is a kettle?

I have an electric kettle. Half a gallon of water ready to boil in under a minute. But I like my Keurig too though. It's a toss up on how much tea or coffee I think I'm drinking or if there are more people than just me.
>just me
>keurig (spits out the perfect amount of hot water for a cup)
>tea or coffee for friends
>hit that kettle switch

Afford a kettle? I think most people can afford a kettle, people just prefer coffee in the states over tea.

"Coffee" it's more like hot cola

we can.

Not everyone dumps a ton of sugar in it.

I put two splenda in a cup of coffee with a little cool water so that I can drink it. Didn't used to take my coffee anything but black but after getting into A.A. and drinking a lot of black coffee at the meetings I had to change it up. Especially after working the program for an extended period of time. Now I sometimes take it with two splenda packets or black, depends on the mood.

Define cola? I usually just drink coffee black, if you mean to say people put a bunch of bullshit in their coffee a lot of times, which they do.

We just don't drink anywhere near as much tea as Europeans. US is all about coffee instead. Low demand for kettles means they well be hard to find in stores.

Because the household voltage is lower using an electric kettle takes twice as long as in England.

That's why in America they use stove top.

Everyone talking about tea and shit is just ignorant.

Lol what? Who doesnt have a kettle?

I like tea but this is more of a coffee country as far as I know. Tea here is generrally for when you're sick or cold.

Being honest I don't really see the point of a tea kettle unless there's a method to it I'm unaware of.

I boil water in a normal pot, pour it into a cup and put the teabag in. What am I missing, the whistling noise?

Why cant people from Britain afford dental care?

Funny you'd mention that, I was never in the market for a kettle to be honest. If I wanted tea I'd just microwave a mug of water for a couple minutes and then throw the tea in the hot water but one day I was on Groupon and saw this electric kettle on there for cheap ($15 or so if I remember). Figured that I drank enough tea that I could justify throwing $15 at an electric tea kettle. As an added bonus I got to dig out my floating shark loose leaf tea diffuser.

I don't know what the fuck you retards are talking about. I found an electric kettle in walmart no problem. I don't use it a lot because i drink coffee most of the time. Mostly use it to make instant grits for breakfast with my eggs and fatback.

I don't ever use a kettle, nor have I ever looked for one, but I really don't doubt that I could just run down to Walmart and grab one. Definitely seems like the sort of thing that's certainly available, even if there's not a massive demand

Because only amerifats worry about that stupid narcissistic shit. We spend our time eating biscuits and drinking tea while getting our dicks sucked.

>Because the household voltage is lower using an electric kettle takes twice as long as in England.
No, it doesn't. It just uses twice the amperage, so the watt rating is the same.

Sigh.

What is amazon?

We don't make our tea with kettles. We dump it in the harbor.

You're trying a little too hard there

I use mine a lot for my oatmeal and grits as well. After I got it I started using the hot water on all manner of things. Gonna munch some ramen? Heat the water in the kettle, sure as fuck beats waiting for it to boil on the stove or microwaving it for three minutes. Same goes for my oats and grits. Thing is my Keurig can do the exact amount for a bowl of ramen with the large cup size hot water so I try to use the kettle when I'm drinking my tea and making instant food.

Its faster, and you can cook with that boiled water too

but you could still just use a pot if you dont want to pay more money. Or use a microwave.

my guy

At least I have a light switch in my bathroom that's not attached to a string

I meant like people in the U.S. just sweeten their coffee with chemicals that turn their coffee in a chemical mix like cola. Example: coca cola has cocaine in it and your coffee cola has your "coffee" and cola in it. Since Americans can't get fresh coffee beans they make their coffee out of corn sirup and wheat. Like it's a more of a soup then a hot beverage. That's why americans usually use the microwave to heat up water and don't have a kettle or easy coffee machines.

You need some kind of ray beams to make this chemical cocktail (cola-coffee) to make it taste like coffee at all

No.

wordpress.mrreid.org/2012/04/16/why-kettles-boil-slowly-in-the-us/

Sigh.

you can cook with the water you boil in a pot too

plus, it's already in a pot

Are you really that retarded? Coca Cola hasn't had coke in it since the 50s or earlier. And we get fresh beans if we want, it's the 21st century. I can go to the store and literally buy green coffee beans right now, unroasted at the grocery store. If I was so fucking inclined I could do that then roast my own and create a blend, hell do a dark AND light roast blend and use different beans. Your ignorance and willingness to believe anything is astounding.

You can. Walmart always have them in stock.

kettles are cheap, and a WASTE of money, space, and resources. we have coffee makers to make coffee. and we make our tea in a pot - a fucking gallon at a time. we don't put milk in our tea. we put a full cuppa sugar into it. then we stick the whole fucking gallon in the fridge!
choke on that, you british prick!

it's not that we can't afford them, it's because we don't have a use for them. You know, since when we dumped the tea in the water

I wasn't talking about the beans I meant the beams. The water has many chemicals in it and you need to use microwave-rays to destroy them and make decent water for your cola-coffee. That's why kettles aren't used they don't use microwave-rays.

user pls

you're getting trolled so hard i can't bear to watch it anymore

Because they're too fucking expensive?

Confirmed retarded

see
I can't even believe this guy is this stupid. It's got to be a troll or a complete idiot. That or someone's been feeding him REAL BAD misinformation about water in the U.S. and what microwaves are actually for.

We generally have a drip coffee maker or a french press.

I actually agree with this, I find people with more than 2 grand of pure cosmetic work so their teeth look like "TV teeth" to be untrustworthy looking.

Spent a few thousand on braces growing up, does that mean that I will look untrustworthy?

Also, I do like my electric kettle even for coffee because of my french press. Good stuff there.

Samefag

Not really, not until you reach "perfect teeth". Something about absolutely perfect hyper-whitened teeth that screams "I'm gonna fuck you on the deal".

That's what my teeth look like. I use whitening strips on them and take good care of them. Shit, I don't even remember the exact amount I spent on my sonicare tooth brush but it was more than I care to admit to people I actually know. I just like to have nice teeth though, why spend a few grand on making them straight only to let them be dingy?

Also no. I'm actually

We use a Keurig in my house because it creates more garbage. In America, creating garbage is both a way to affirm national pride (we gots a big fuckin country so we can make all the trash we wants, and if we run outta room, we'll conquer another country and dump our trash their) as well as a simian display of dominance over faggy little countries that reduce, reuse, and/or recycle. Homos.

I bought some reusable kcups for my Keruig. To get the full brew out of them though I have to do two of the smallest water amounts on the same reusable cup, otherwise it doesn't taste as good.