youtube.com/watch?v=dc_sTUbX6BA
mountainkingelectronics.com/megalith
lmgtfy.com/?q=when is it time to change power tubes
youtube.com/watch?v=kr6N4pEdRwU
totallytubular.bandcamp.com/releases
soundcloud.com/jessecarpenter0
youtube.com/watch?v=A6YtGJ1GMFI
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Why are you listening to those silly Mike Varney Shrapnel shredders when you could be listening to The Great Kat?

Going to my local to get an electric tomorrow. Planning on getting a fender standard telecaster. Thoughts?

They sell guitars at the pub?

r8 solo i made for band's new song
clyp.it/efifdrmk
>tfw A string broke on the last phrase

-

new ace frehley cover
clyp.it/ur3egcpi

-

which tone fits better
clyp.it/dnyygymn
clyp.it/xzrueyxb

I haven't played guitar all week

but if I did it would be this one

r u a cute girl?

I wish

I like the neck and the bridge and the pickups and knobs and ~aesthetics~

so I'm cuteish
but not grrrl

>she's still going

God bless the Great Kat.

youtube.com/watch?v=GGHUXz2Vmcg

Reminder that Ibanez-era Petrucci was best Petrucci

Get a Richie Kotzen Telecaster

Reminder that Ibanez-era Kotzen was best Kotzen

ugliest fucking body ever

it just looks so sterile

Aren't these Mustangs and Duos known for having shit-tier sustain?

pls recommend a good scales and modes book

Please, no meme answers;

I've been invited to craft a lead line for a friend's song where he's already written the lyrics, chord changes, and bpm. I've got a copy of his studio recording and have only ever done rhythm guitar. I want to use this as an opportunity to get into lead, but have lost on where to start. So far I've just been hitting the root notes higher up the neck but don't know where to progress from there. I've tried to follow a walking bassline pattern, but with the higher notes. It sounds ok, but I feel I shouldn't use it for every time I play.

Please advise, thank you.

Does anyone know how to play this song?
youtube.com/watch?v=sdPwvBJiQJY

After that, take your Toyota Camry to Domino's. Get a medium plain. Wash it down with room temperature tap water.

I know just what the song needs: You should just chug in an articulate manner, paying close attention to dynamics

Seems rather complicated.
I think that was recorded on a Schecter Tosin Abasi 10 string I suggest transcribing it slowly a bar at a time.

I'm a beginner, rip ;_;

Snore. Fine guitar. Why do you need our validation?
I'd agree, though early-2000s Petrucci was still good when he was already with EB.
I mean just listen to this shit:
youtube.com/watch?v=dc_sTUbX6BA
Step one before any of this is learning scales.
If you haven't done that much, you're fucked.
If you have bothered to learn your major/minor, just follow those scales and hit some notes in them.
That you don't even have a clue though is not a good sign for being able to come up with anything worthwhile. Some people are just meant to be rhythm players, though (e.g. Neil Young).
There ya go, do a Neil Young solo.
Fucking kek.
There has to be a tab somewhere. It's ez pz. Try practicing your ear, and if you're not at that level, then maybe it's best not to try songs yet.

So how's your summer looking, /gg/? Got any gigs? Things are looking good for me so far, getting that calendar filled for once.

Oh shit what could be in here?
Any guesses?

Meinl guitar cymbal.

dildos

Faggot guitar

Fender

Is it the ugly blue washburn?

drum set?

I'll give you one more chance

Just fucking open it. Or don't. Get it over with.

This isn't your unboxing blog.

midi drum set

waifu pillow

I wish it was a waifu pillow

same fag from a couple of threads ago who is looking to get something similar to Al Cisneros' tone on his bass.

so I'm settled on either
>a DOD 250 reissue
or
>an EQD White Light
wat do?
help me choose one... pick uno. I'm clueless when it comes to pedals.

I have the 250 RI, its nice but had higher gain levels its kind of scrambly. I like it around 11 to 1 oclock on the gain knob

>Al Cisneros
He uses this
mountainkingelectronics.com/megalith

and a DOD 250. The reissues are pretty faithful to the original and will save you a helluva lot of money.

Poorfag set-up: Used 250 reissue, used big muff. You'll get close enough.
I feel the exact same. I rarely ever bring mine later than noon. It usually stays around 10 or 10:30 to get a really nice, warm tube-sounding OD, on my bass anyway. Anything past that and it's just muddy grind, which feels weird saying.

that keyboard looks like it's circa 1998

Oh SHIT

It is. Probably 1997 or some shit because it's been in my house since I was born.

what amp are you running? This is what you need to focus on then pedal in after the fact.

thanks for the speedy comments guys

yea cool I'll go with the 250 ri then, it'll be a lot cheaper

only interested with the White Light cause it came with compression and pedalsandeffects.com were raving about it (another Juan shilling EQD episode) and stephen o'mallet of Sunn o))) has one too... was going to flip the pedal to my guitarist if i didn't like

>its nice but had higher gain levels its kind of scramble
yea I've read that and you can tell the low end loss at those higher gain levels might just slap a boss line selector to retain that low end

and also read that it sounds better with tube amps

yea holy shit the megalith it always tits i hear it more on Shrinebuilder than on OM or Sleep on Sleep it sounds to me his driving his distortion hard to the point it almost sounds like a fuzz

I've read conflicting shit about how the 250 is stock or he's had it modded but whatever i'm going the poorfag set up lol
>Poorfag set-up: Used 250 reissue, used big muff. You'll get close enough.
i literally have the bass big muff already and it has two outputs to split the signal which will come in handy to have my highs distorted and my lows clean but with that punchy overdrive

by the way i have a dod 410 that'll have in there to boost that signal chain

>>its nice but had higher gain levels its kind of scramble
>yea I've read that and you can tell the low end loss at those higher gain levels might just slap a boss line selector to retain that low end
>and also read that it sounds better with tube amps
I never really noticed any cut in the low end on my shitty peavey combo or Bassman. It might just depend on the guitar pickups

how do i know if i need to replace my tubes?

Noise and loss in volume

lmgtfy.com/?q=when is it time to change power tubes

yeah he definitely wants to wade through tons of shit google results instead of asking here and possibly generating some actual discussion.

god forbid

I'm all for actually good discussion, but for fuck's sake, this is basic shit. We don't need discussions on the rudimentary shit.

I remember a time when spoonfeeding was actually looked down upon.

>basic shit

no, basic shit is "help me find an amp" or "what's the best pick??!?"

anything more in depth than that counts as good discussion to me desu. stifling any actual guitar-related discussion makes more room for samuel/roman shitposters

>google +1'd

I feel ya user, but tubes? Really?

Though last thing I want is even more rampant shitposting so, by all means, hash it out with the guy.

>tubes? Really?

i don't know man, i know a lot about theory and technique but i know dick about amps and tubes. i'm constantly posting about what i know but i'd welcome knowledgeable people coming in and telling me what they know about tubes.

i just feel for the guy who doesn't want to wade through hundreds of pages of posts from a 2006 guitar forum to try to get an answer that he trusts

i want this to be more communal

>wants a forum chat to be communal
you mean, like how it's supposed to be?

This thread is me and one other guy talking to himself, right?

Is Ableton the best software to use?

woah that's nice

i have no fucking clue what you're saying or what your point is

i'm saying i want this board to be more accepting of beginners and people that don't know shit. i'm not saying pander to people who ask dumbass questions, i'm saying offer your expertise if it's called for and if it can help someone

When you actually guess that its that kids ugly blue washburn

deciding if i should buy this or not.

Sure. may want to change the pickups and get a new nut later on.

>Epiphone
No, never, gross.

And a V? Unless you love standing and playing, get something more comfortable.

Yeah that's what a lot of people have said about this guitar
This guitar feels fine to me. I also prefer to play when standing

get the snow falcon

Probably made in the same factory as your cort lol

Nope, they're made by someone else. It used to be Samick, but I Epiphone has contracted someone to make them even shittier than they have been.

Cort handles LTD, Schecter, Ibanez, Washburn, and more off the top of my head, at least as far as electrics go.

>I also prefer to play when standing
mah nigga

I got a Fender Bassman 300 all tube but I don't feel like gigging with this

going to move over to my solid state stuff. got a fender rumble and orange terror

i got orange 1x15 cab and saving up for a mesa 2x15

Look into a 4x10. You'd be surprised how much bass a good 4x10 can push

>playing seated ever

cool i'll do. the other thread recommended me to get an 8x10 to move more air around but fuck don't want to lug that around without roadies.

i can do two 4x10 stack tho. thanks for the tip.

Yeah, supposedly you get mega bass from a 10 inch speaker cause it has to moves in and out less or some horrible bullshit like that. I just know I bought an GK 4x10 ultralight cab at 4 ohms for easy transportation and it works well with bass, standard and drop tune guitars and even my synth. I think if you can find a way to lift the cab off the ground/stage to waist level it would make more a greater impact.

wow Im drunk. Just try before you buy if possible

Fucking finally able to buy an amp, just have it down to a few options. I could get a twin reverb, JC-120, or an Ampeg SS140 half stack. The latter two are the cheaper options, so I might be able to swing a guitar from a friend too. Wanna go for shoegaze/postrock/noise pop. I'm going to gc tomorrow to try the twin and jc, but it's a bit of a drive for me so I wanted to ask here first

figure out how loud you need to be. live gigging vs home wanking. Tubes are always great sounding, but something like a twin only has one channel and only gets dirty to a point the louder it gets. A jazz chorus is totally clean, is loud, but heavy as fuck. Anything half stack maybe too much. Are you using pedals for dirt/fuzz? again this really depends on what style your going to use it for

just got Logic, gang.
really excited to get to work making music on it. so far I like it a lot more than reaper and garageband

Get a Baja Tele instead.

Rn it's for home wanking, but it's going to be used to gig. This is going to be my amp for a long time, so I'd rather have more than I need than less. I'm pedaling it up, already have a fuzz and od

U wot m8?

just ask yourself, am I 12 years old? if yes, go right ahead and get your mommy to buy it for you

Hi. I've just been organizing my music. It's almost 3 am and I just finished collecting all my tunes and making sure its all good.

I've only got this one video:

youtube.com/watch?v=kr6N4pEdRwU

It's just me chopping out over the berklee chops video by matt garstka.

I've got some music too:
totallytubular.bandcamp.com/releases

soundcloud.com/jessecarpenter0

>berklee chops

fuck off please

What's wrong?

>tfw you fell good about nailing a song
>tfw you see someone cover it on youtube and realize your shitty guitar pro tabs will never compare to transcribing everything by ear
its such a bittersweet feeling on one hand most of the music i dig recently don't have gp tabs on the other hand i don't have the patience to sit and actually try to get down this shit.

Thoughts? I'm really thinking getting one

what song by ace frehley is this? also nicee

how to be hardcore guitarist?

sam here my dude from all accounts they're pretty good, but i never got the chance to play anything but a 320

what song do you play when a girl asks you to play something?

I was liking the tail piece. If it had been paired with the metal "p90" covers, I might have.

that never happened

a demo called stay alive / i will survive

youtube.com/watch?v=A6YtGJ1GMFI

>sam here

play the beatles if you feel like getting laid

Take those pedals with you to try the amp. Go tube, no one really needs a JC anymore. Shit, you can buy a Fender Hot Rod Deluxe III and play and gig happy for 20 years.

Radiohead's Paranoid Android, if she doesnt know what that song is, leave her the fuck there.

Man, that is one gorgeous guitar. I'm usually exclusively a rosewood guy, but I'd make an exception for this one.

That one is the most beautiful of the Revstars. Played it in a store once, felt absolutely amazing. Yamaha is truly the most underrated guitar manufacturer.

Also, current loadout of the band (right are both mine). First one to guess the genre gets absolutely nothing.

isn't nirvana better?

what model is that? their SG copy?

wonderwall or the acoustic version of layla