I need help appreciating experimental music, Sup Forums...

I need help appreciating experimental music, Sup Forums. Not the whole 'I'm gonna sample this pinecone and then record the feedback from my subwoofer with a dollar general microphone' shtick, but actual experimental music that has a purpose. Pic related is the most crazy I can get, along with Death Grips. I listen to a lot of drone and black metal as well. Anything past that threshold, I can't handle. Tips?

>inb4 plebeian, get off my board

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/KcHSaNpyVho
youtube.com/watch?v=AbiCIwAAIP4&t=47s
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Plebeian, get off my board

haha, well meme'd my friend!

youtu.be/KcHSaNpyVho

Fuck off and kill yourself

go and listen to anything written before 1950

top b8

>tfw not bait
>tfw legitimately want to broaden my horizons and asking a knowledgeable board for advice

>I need help appreciating

I can deal with plebs, poptimists, redditors and rapfags, but drones who force themselves into liking something they dont only to get validation from an iranian knife sharpening forum, this, this I can't handle.

>Sup Forums is a knowledgeable board
top lel

>knowledgable board

>please spoonfeed me!

start with Kesha then move to experimental side of Knaye West. There you go pls upvote my friend!

This is board is basically
>I like this , Rec me stuff like this
And pirating music

jesus christ did you see my dubs?

4s of truth

>Knowledgeable board

LEAVE OP ALONE

I respect you OP, these faggots claim to hate Reddit but ironically end up circlejerking to each other's limited scope of "patrician" taste

recommendation: More Swans, this specifically
youtube.com/watch?v=AbiCIwAAIP4&t=47s

So whats the plan here? Listen to the album 500 times until he "likes" it, or just skip that shit and pretend to like it from the beginning?

>Sup Forums
>knowledgeable

Good one, Mr Jester Man!

My advice is to learn more about an artist before you listen.

A lot of the more difficult things to get into are much easier to make sense of when you have context.

Going into some weird noise shit without knowing what the artist is trying to convey or accomplish is pretty difficult when they don't explicitly tell you in the actual song.

Going in without context is like looking at the Dark Pallete Rothkos without knowing about the tragedy that surrounds them.

I dunno, give us an example of an album you can't get into?

>black metal
atmoshit is not black metal

It is well known that if you ask Sup Forums for music recommendations all you're gonna get are the same 40 albums over and over again.

If you want to "expand your horizons" go and do it yourself you faggot, you're not gonna go into life getting spoon-fed everything

>'I'm gonna sample this pinecone and then record the feedback from my subwoofer with a dollar general microphone'
Fuck you. I want to here this now.

No one here actually knows anything about music except in very rare cases.

I just started making pic related a few minutes ago. There's probably some stuff on here you would enjoy. Most of it is somewhat 'experimental' without going into the realm of 'I'm gonna sample this pinecone and then record the feedback from my subwoofer with a dollar general microphone'.

Row 1 - Sad boy folk
Row 2 - Black Metal/Grindcore
Row 3 - Easy listening 'electronic' albums
Row 4 - Abrasive 'electronic' albums
Row 5 - Noise Rock/Industrial
Row 6 - Post Metal/Drone/Ambient