Sword Art Online Live Action Greenlight

>Death Note
>Akira
>Ghost in the Shell
>SAO

Is this a new age in Television and Film?

>not changing the video game adaptation's name to remove the 'online' part.

WTF were the anime producers thinking?

Oh they better be changing the story. I know fuck all about anime but he peeps in Sup Forums fucking hate this show. Started great and then fall harder than "Heroes" in season 2 apparently, tobthebpoint ofbadding a 9 year old Mary Sue character who can die or some shit

Death Note could be ok, as a cat and mouse thriller but I don't have high hopes for the rest, they're inherently designed for anime.

Well except maybe GitS but that's already been done amazingly so I don't care for another.

>"for years... been inspired by the inventive and masterful storytelling of the SAO franchise."

Fuck I literally spit my drink all over myself.

Expect the following:
>blackwashed characters
>cuck MC
>strong womyn love interest
>shitloads of minorities in background roles
>trannies and x-kin who get to "be themselves" in the game
>literal cucking

SAO is complete shit

Honestly I'm waiting for anime to become profitable in the west so it's shit age can end. Right now the high majority of anime sucks complete as because they have to pander to the only fans that make money. The autistic favors that buy the dolls and special features DVDs and the fucking body pillows.

Normal people that watch it online for free have no influence in the medium yet, it's literally driven by autism.

Like imagine if the majority of cape shit money was made by the obsessive fans that bought the comic books and other crap. Cape shit would hit a record level of fucking retarded shit because it would have to pander to the auspiss even harder than they already do.

>>trannies and x-kin who get to "be themselves" in the game

That was in the show actually

SAO actually has a good premise, it's completely shit on though by the atrocious flat LN writing and every anime trope you could think of.

This is anime in general though, great concepts, terrible execution.

SAO despite being the worst mainstream anime ever made, could make a good western TV show if they completely rewrite it with competent writers and give it a good showrunner.

Why not just go one punch man? We need more capeshit

Was it? I'm actually watching it right now lmao, haven't gotten to that point.

Even the anime has too much stronk womyn shit for my liking though, especially that lead bitch.

To fair that's a comment theme in almost all virtual reality shows/movies/books. Even the good matrix movie was supposed to have Switch be a woman in the real world and a woman in the matrix.

Wait a minute, Is sword art online legitimately popular?

It's complete garbage even by shonen standards, which is garbage even by anime standards which is generally pretty shit.

One punch man won't be successful until anime has become moderately successful in the west. The majority of satire would fly over everyone's heads

Isn't this basic premise just westworld with fantasy n swords instead of wild west n guns?

>until anime has become moderately successful in the wes
I dread the day when this happens.

Dude it's an anime about a virtual reality MMO with a quick as fuck love interest between the main lead and his side chick. And he's cool and strong because he plays too much and later in the season is a leet hacker who can modify thet source code and bring an AI character back to life

That's panders so hard to the autistic anime fans it's basically cheating

Why? Might actually save the genre. Western audiences tend to love the better stories, characterization, better writing, and fucking hate fan service and all the loud obnoxious bitches

>"for years... been inspired by the inventive and masterful storytelling of the SAO franchise."
>2 YEARS WORTH OF SEMEN GLOPPING INSIDE HER

I mean, it's not like SAO can get any WORSE, right?

Yeah, but I like the fan service. I like moe, I like SoL, I like traditional gender roles and harems that are after the protag's dick. The main reason I watch anime is because I'm sick of progressive shit in my media. I want my fantasies fulfilled and I don't give a shit.

If you want better writing or whatever the fuck, read a fucking book.

what about aldnoah zero?

> Yeah, but i have shti taste. I have shit taste, i have shit taste, i like traditional gender roles and ahve shit taste. The main reason i watch anime is because i'm sick of progressive shit. I have shit taste and i don't give a shit.

ftfy.

The goal of SAO is to LAUGH at it, so this is fine

GOD DAMMIT
stop copying shitty japanese crap and cape shit and make actualy good tv series

>y-you have shit taste
Your problem, not mine. Taste is for retards, the only distinction I make is whether I like it or not.

>fanservice is bad meme
faggot

not to mention the chances of anime becoming popular in the west are already slim, what's to say that they will somehow start pandering to western audiences when they've already got their demographic cut out for them in nippon?

It is my problem because mongoloids like you are autistic enough to into low quality fanservice because your life is literally so shit you can't get it anywhere else, thus making producers of anime more likely to produce more shit.

Go find a woman and fuck her instead of crying about muh progressives in the media and then you won't need to jerk off to garbage anime to stave off suicide and can instead jerk off to good anime.

Word. There's a serious lack of good scifi.

prepare for a minimum of 2 years of asian americans compalining about white washing

Cry more faggot, I'm not going anywhere. Besides, you're in the minority.

I'm sure things will change if you keep bitching though lmao

I've actually been thinking of ways that a massive retooling of SAO could work with a live action TV show.

>Group of friends in high school who enjoy playing games together gets invited to a beta test of a new Virtual Reality MMO
>Test takes place inside a former hospital that's been renovated with medical equipment to monitor vitals of thousands of participants
>Then the twist, they're all trapped inside the MMO like in the light novel
>Admin states that the only way to free themselves is to discover how to kill him
>Cuts to real world where police raid test center and take over while they figure out what the hell is going on
>Our main character in the real world is one of those officers, a cop who's out of his depth in this situation but wants to help any way he can after he starts seeing vitals flatlining as players start dying
>He gets himself put onto a taskforce of local and federal law enforcement as they attempt to free the players from the outside
>Back in the game the group of friends decides to team up as they explore the game world to find out how to make their way back to real life
And some spoilers
Turns out the main villain wasn't trying to be God in his own littler world, he was trying to find him in the real one. He linked the minds of all of the players together into one massive super computer. On the surface this is seen as just a supplement to the game servers to calculate everyday things normal computers can't, but in truth he is using the processing power attempting to find Pi. He believes it's the final piece to an equation an old professor he studied under believed would find God. He just uses the whole "kill me to end the game" thing as an attempt to find out who would actively attempt to escape the game, fearing that if they had no goal in mind they'd possible stumble upon the fact that their own minds are the source code of the simulation.

>inventive and masterful storytelling of the SAO franchise

Berserk live action adaptation when?

There's a live action show coming out about people in an MMO. West World or something.

SAO itself was very good. Then they chose to rush it and fuck it up, so we instead got shitty Alfheim and Mother's Rosario arc. GGO was decent, but the SAO arc was fun.

>David Ellison
>Dana Goldberg
>Marcy Ross
Is this like a Sup Forums photoshop

>when they've already got their demographic cut out for them in nippon?

Because that demographic is statistically more likely to kill itself when it collectively enters its mid-30s in a few years.

Also pic related, many people who produce anime don't like making highschool orgy with magical 12 year olds year in year out, shocker i know.

Meh, my life doesn't hinge on Anime, it's shit and i don't engage aside from sporadic discussion on Sup Forums. I hope you eventually overcome your fear / disdain for the real world and grow a pair though.

>SAO itself was very good

Is SAO the KonoSuba of our time?

kek
I'm probably more successful than you faŠ¼. Doesn't mean I am automatically someone who complies with arbitrary social dogma.

For years I've predicted this is going to be the next big revolution in anime.

Where the writing finally evolves beyond the fucking generic anime tropes we've seen a quadrillion times before and we actually get some serious writing and production that lifts anime well above the "Genre" tier media it currently sits at.

For years I've wondered what combining the best of Western television (Strong characterization, better overall writing, highly polished arcs) and Anime (not restricted by "realism", freedom of animation, concepts and settings) would produce.

I know Otaku love their harems and anime tropes, but seriously, anime has been completely stagnant as a medium for a decade, it's time for a massive shakeup in the writing department.

I don't think it's a coincidence that critically acclaimed anime recently have been massively influenced by western writing and western animation like Panty and Stocking, Little Witch Academia, Space Patrol Luluco

>Might actually save the genre.
Where does the meme that anime needs to be saved by black people and SJW come from?

>72744812
The budget would need to be too large for the potential gross. Not economically viable I think.

Who would even direct? I can't exactly think of anyone off the top of my head that's demonstrably suited to dark European mediaeval fantasy.

>not to mention the chances of anime becoming popular in the west are already slim
Several series already have become popular over here. Problem is that what western audiences want and what Japanese anime fans want are two different things, meaning the shit that's made just to pander to the latter is unlikely to find success with the former.

>don't think it's a coincidence that critically acclaimed anime recently have been massively influenced by western writing and western animation like Panty and Stocking, Little Witch Academia, Space Patrol Luluco
And we know who the Trigger fan is.

You're someone who actively bitches about progressives in the media, having a disdain is fine but your idea of anime / harems presenting legitimate 'traditional gender roles' and complaining about social dogma tells me at the very least you're socially retarded, but i mean autistics can still financially successful if that's what you measure your life by.

Oh wow, we're bringing armchair psychology out already I see. I love finding out shit about myself from random assholes on the internet.

You're the one who said it man.

>Because that demographic is statistically more likely to kill itself when it collectively enters its mid-30s in a few years.
i think they'd start killing themselves faster if their TV shows started getting geared towards westerners, with a distinct lack of fan service and cute girls
exactly what i was pondering
it would eventually lead to a loss in profit because the market would be somewhat split up, as opposed to appealing to their sole demographic and not risking anything

fuck I'll take it, better than the original. I like exploring the idea that god can be found through the collective minds and actions of humans

Said what? Something that allowed you to build a retarded strawman of me? Yeah, suppose I did.

even studio ghibli went out business because they didn't cash in to the fucking otakus

Good. Fuck 'em.

>SAO actually has a good premise

>Isekai
>Good premise

underrated post

>Good. Fuck 'em.

No, fuck western progressive shit tainting my animus.

>Good. Fuck 'em

>haha fuck the industry im supposedly defending from imaginary sjws
>here's the girl I stalk online btw

Weeaboos are a laughing riot.

stop posting that riceburner

>amazing studio that created classics loved by millions goes under because weeaboos need tits and ass shoved in their face every 3 mins

Is she though? You got any evidence?

Deal with it famalama.

That would be a great target for a shooting spree in theater

great opportunity to push the interracial couple agenda. bets on one of them being black?