APOLOGIZE

APOLOGIZE

I enjoyed Memento, but nearly everything this guy makes is just grey noise to me. Dreary and meaningless.

Can't stand his movies. Sellout Tomatoes isn't going to change that.

Surprised he decided to do a WWII project considering he can't do action sequences to save his life.

>APOLOGIZE
is there a more obnoxious meme than this?

>two best films have the two lowest ratings

As if i needed more reason to hate RT

Can Michael Caine actually act? I know he started out essentially as a good looking chap with an accent, but he's been around so long he must be a good actor.

I ask because in every fucking Nolan movie he's always Alfred. Batman Begins? Alfred. The Prestige? Magic Alfred. Inception? Professor Alfred. Interstellar? Space Professor Alfred.

I blame Nolan, but I'd be interested to know what user's recommended Caineography would be.

>TDKR gets a higher score than Batman Begins
The hell is this shit?

TDKR deserves a 60% and BB a 98%

Sorry

couldnt agree more. britbong here and he everyone sucks his dick. he's so one dimensional

The plane scene alone makes it 80% fresh.

Memento is great.
Haven't seen Insomnia.
Prestiege was good.
Batman Begins was great at the start, but blew it's load with Ras too quickly.
Dark Knight was great at the time, but falls apart on when rewatched.
Inception was pretty good. I liked some of the action scenes like the revolving hallway.
CIA Rises was kind of meh but has morphed into meme thanks to Sup Forums.
Interstellar had a good second act, but I didn't care about the first or third.

oh fuck off with your meme

get this hothead outta here

God you people are so easily amused.

Somebody get this hothead out of here.

I think the fault is mostly on the writers, they need a fatherly figure that explains the context of things happening on the film, and cast Michael Caine because he's good in that role and, let's face it, it's the first person that comes to mind when you think about a fatherly figure. The Children of Men is a good example of the same but better written, and Caine actually shows some range in that film.

blame the writers

Fuck off to Reddit you god damn Nolan retard.

Yeah, DC should have kept Nolan at all costs.
There might have been a form of commercially viable DC expanded universe.

>Interstellar worse than Ghostbusters 2016
How the fuck is that even possible?

How the fuck did Interstellar get 71%?

All memes aside it's probably this best movie. The entire Matt Damon sequence probably should have been cut but that's not enough for a C-. Judging it as worse than TDKR or Inception is insanity.

>Get huge paycheck in huge movies for doing the role you could do in your sleep
>Hangs out with your pals while doing so

>Not doing it
WEW

I think it's criminally underrated Tbh.

He's pretty much bulletproof on RT same as IMDB

i think it was because of huge expectations and hype that it had. It was mild disappointment compared to that but it should really have something like ~85% atleast.

I always considered his films as Pseudo-intellectual garbage that redditor fedora's jerk off to - Inception, The Dark Knight

Don't worry, the power of love will travel back in time and fix that rating.

Pretty much this. They're not insightful or prescient, they're just movies crafted in a serious fashion, no matter the topic. So the general public find it relatable, but 'serious' so it must be a movie of substance and profundity. They're generic movies that make generic people feel smart.

>Interstellar
>71%
The levels of stupidity on the movie going audience and reviewers keep growing, people basically bitched about this movie for the story not being what they wanted it to be.

Is Nolan the most overrated director of all time?

If you remove the capeshit the scores aren't that impressive

I still don't like any of his films and RT scores won't change my mind.

I'm sorry, Chris

I won't apologise because I already think Nolan is an auteur.

No. I wont apologize.

because I never doubted you in the first place based nolan.

*sips tea*

People bitched about this movie for being an homage to 2001 without understanding what 2001 was.

For you

The most overrated modern director to be sure, though Tarantino isn't far behind

Interstellar was shit

Reddit hates Nolan because Interstellar wasn't science accurate and The Martian was

see look at those upvotes m8

I'm pretty sure most people never finished watching 2001, fucking normie pleb scum.

Are you implying something as entry level pleb shit as 2001 is remotely difficult to watch even for your quote unquote "normies" you pleb?

BRAVO
R
A
V
O

He's got a lot of heat against him on Sup Forums because he's one of the few major directors who haven't given in to Disney's near-complete monopoly of this industry. The Disney shills are real.

>interstellar
A dull, galumphing white elephant that reminds us what a trap commercial cinema has become for gullible consumers. It’s a pre-sold “Event,” the kind audiences no longer question because all media obediently participate in its promotion.
>TDKR
Both a quiet commentary on urban decay and Modern Blackness - Christian Bale hides under a negroid cowl (a witty metaphor for Hollywood's addiction to emasculated "white-faced" African-American actors) and pontificates like an early Poitier or Murphy. Bane (Hardy) is unintimdating as a picaresque villain, his quasi-labial mask reminiscent of older, better baddies (Salo, Dude Where's my Car). One can only imagine what a more talented actor could have done with the source material
>Inception
Nolan’s dark sentimentality may seem classical to naive filmwatchers. But the way his clichés manipulate viewers’ perception of the world and human behavior is merely timely, not profound. Like Grand Theft Auto’s quasi-cinematic extension of noir and action-flick plots, Inception manipulates the digital audience’s delectation for relentless subterfuge. Inception should have been called Self-Deception.
>TDKR
Unlike Nicholson’s multileveled characterization, Ledger reduces The Joker to one-note ham-acting and trite symbolism. If you fell for the evil-versus-evil antagonism of There Will Be Blood, then The Dark Knight should be the movie of your wretched dreams. Nolan’s unvaried direction drives home the depressing similarities between Batman and his nemeses. Nolan’s single trick is to torment viewers with relentless action montages; distracting ellipses that create narrative frustration and paranoia. Delayed resolution. Fake tension. Such effects used to be called cheap. Cheap like The Joker’s psychobabble: “Madness, as you know, is like gravity—all it takes is a little push.” The Dark Knight is the sentinel of our cultural abyss. All it takes is a push.

Watch Sleuth, the original not the remake for prime Caine.

That's old.

>interstellar
>dull

stopped reading right there.

Ser Based Nolan is truly a masterful dirèctor. These plebs who accuse him of Reddit make me sick. Now we have Snyder destroying his legacy.

Holy shit man, you're truly deluded if you thing Nicholson's Nolan is better than Ledger's.

You keep trhowing pseudo-intellectual words that you think will impress someone, but, in the long run, your arguments are as empty as the words which construct them.

it's only 17 hours old :^)

Yes I am, I know for a fact that most people stop watching it half way through, normies can't stand slow movies.

*Nicholson's Joker

Of course you did. When faced with a true patrician like me you children give up right away.

Neither can mallick, didn't stop him

You're boring.

I don't think Interstellar was the greatest film of all time, but I do think it deserved a higher score. More like an 83%

correct.

But at least Mallick had the decency to tell us he was quoting the Illiad so we could be amazed with his incredibly huge brain

>hasn't seen Flawless
Shaking my head to be honest family

I don't like how rottentomatoes has seemingly become the standard for a films score, it's entirely erratic at best, I'm not having that the Prestige has a lower score than the Fast and the Furious, I am simply not

Interstellar was probably his most entertaining film. It was just simply written for idiots - particularly the dialogue. I think it's probably my favourite of his to watch.

really makes u think huh

Yes.

I enjoyed it as an adventure movie, not in the indiana Jones way, but has a movie with a understandable story and a thrilling adventure to another galaxy.

Get Carter (1971) and The Italian Job (1969) are considered classic Michael Caine in his prime. Alfie (1966) is maybe a better showcase of his acting, it's been a long time since I've seen it though.

I highly recommend all of the above, particularly Get Carter.

Everything Nolan does is good but the fanboys are too fucking annoying. Interstellar is his most overrated fucking movie though. About a guy who travels through space and time to move a watch in a bookcase via the power of love. Reddit fags even have a fucking subreddit dedicated to it. What the fuck? Memento is great though.

His movies are often kinda dumb but it's obvious he tries really hard. I think they have a lot of heart and are enjoyable to a degree on first watch, but once you give them any critical thought they crumble. The Prestige is fucking awesome though.

>Prestige is only 76%