I have never seen a band fall quite as quickly as PWR BTTM. Holy shit, their career is up in flames right now

I have never seen a band fall quite as quickly as PWR BTTM. Holy shit, their career is up in flames right now.
It's only been a little more than a day, and so far:
>PWR BTTM have been dropped from their management team.
>PWR BTTM have been dropped from Hopscotch
>PWR BTTM lost a touring member
>PWR BTTM's Ben might literally actually go to prison unironically due to some new details (read: more rumors) that have popped up.
Even Swans didn't suffer this badly from some simple accusations with no evidence.

Has any other band disintegrated THIS spectacularly before? The only other one I can think of is Lostprophets.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=FXMBLs3Zr7s
youtube.com/watch?v=OJtSg5FOdos
jezebel.com/is-this-the-end-of-the-era-of-the-important-inappropri-1765684275
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

So what happened?

Fag drama?

Why haven't they just denied the accusations?

I had never heard of this band before this retard shit went down, and hopefully I will forget they ever existed by the end of next week.

Holy fuck, is it the same dude that keeps posting this?

Speaking of what happened with that Gira controversy? Was it dropped? I stopped following it after the initial wave of news.

I'll bet anything p4k would have reviewed them tonight but now they're waiting to figure out what rating to give them based on how the controversy turns out.

Ben (the one in the wacky makeup) got accused of rape. That's it. All that because someone on Tumblr said he raped her.

The only other insane rise-and-fall I've seen was Black Kids, who had critical acclaim and started getting mainstream radioplay and had a top 5 UK album and then lost it all immediately because of a meme Pitchfork review, the site that had created their buzz hype in the first place.

The girl who accused him was caught accusing someone else that was proven false so the Gira stuff was dropped with it

lol I remember this, I doubt neo/mu/ knows who they are though

Larkin said she "didn't want to ruin anyone's life" so didn't press charges. Yeah. Just randomly accuse the guy of rape like 5 days before the new album comes out and take no legal action whatsoever.
Literally no one backed up Larkin Grimm's claims and her stories were pretty obviously lies. Doesn't help that she accused five other guys, all men with whom she had ceased work, of raping her as well, on separate occasions. She's known to be batshit insane and kind of a pathological liar. She said she had a Facebook chat conversation with Gira's wife where she admitted to Gira raping her, to which Gira's wife Jennifer supposedly asks if Grimm believed her children were safe under his custody.
Except Jennifer denied this happened at all, which kind of implies Grimm was simply trying to sabotage Gira for whatever reason.

It was kind of bullshit.

no one deserves to have their career ruined over accusations, not even these little twerps

Both Black Kids and Jet were completely destroyed by meme Pitchfork reviews, which kinda sucks. But it's also kind of funny. How many bands can you say have been successfully wrecked by a video of a monkey peeing in its own mouth?

2009 Pitchfork was a different Pitchfork. A better Pitchfork.

I don't understand, do you think courts don't exist? If worse comes to worse, dude will be tried but it's literally been just over a day and the band hasn't officially responded.

Chill.

I want Sup Forums to fuck off, no one cares about power bottom no one. Ares about the accusations except/pol/ go post about it on your own board

>YOU ARE THE GIRL
>THAT I'VE BEEN DREAMING OF
>EVER SINCE I WAS A LITTLE GIRL
I loved that song.

Didn't Black Kids release a second album recently? Seems like no one said anything about it.

I think you'll find that regardless of the findings, a simple accusation has the power to easily ruin a band

>I have never seen a band fall quite as quickly as PWR BTTM.

Guess you weren't here for mega lolz newfriend

Swans didn't suffer because their music appeals to people sophisticated enough not to condemn without trial, whereas a band called PWR BTTM is clearly for people who think all p-in-v is rape.

>Has any other band disintegrated THIS spectacularly before? The only other one I can think of is Lostprophets.
It's literally right there.

Yeah, because Sup Forums always rated Lostprophets so highly.

Well... the *lack* of an official, definitive, "yea" or "nay" response isn't exactly helping their case.

Actually this is my first time posting anything about PWR BTTM. I didn't know it was getting so much attention. Sorry.

I don't know how to feel about this, on one hand I hate seeing musicians getting witch-hunted, but on the other hands these guys are such sick freaks that I really don't care what happens to them.

Practically everyone involved with Gira (band members, his wife, even Jarboe) came out and said it was bullshit and that Larkin had harassed and tried to get them to collude and weird shit. Nail in the coffin was when multiple other bands came out and said she'd tried the same thing to them when they stopped working with her.
Of course Pitchfork never apologized for all but explicitly siding with her during developments.

I agree with this.
It's frightening to believe that you can completely decimate a band by spreading a rumor. No court, no legal proceedings, no nothing. Just say it and people will believe you regardless.

But this is only because they're a band aimed at people who would "believe the victim" even if she was as nutty as Heather Mills on speed.

It's even more disturbing when the sources now include shit like "anonymous tips" from Jezebel and tumblr.
Shit's scary man.
I don't like these guys at all but seeing the same thing happen to fairly normal people like Conor Oberst and Mikey G, and the entire music industry turning against them overnight because of straight-up lies, is insane.

Same shit happened to Connor Oberst and Isaac Brock. But they recovered perfectly.

Jet was a bit different because they were actually a mainstream band who was able to susain themselves for a bit beyond Pitchfork. Black Kids was popularized by p4k's buzz machine and was killed by the same machine because of a pug jpg, never seen anything like it.

Yeah it's going free on Bandcamp. Nothing special.

anyone else feel like this place was behind all this? I'd seen like one thread about these guys before and since this whole jerfuffle started there's been one up nonstop. Are you guys pretending to be disgusted/upset and hoping all the internet sheep follow along?

Almost as if they weren't guilty of what they were accused of and Ben from PWR BTTM is, innit

I'm really more shocked at just how flammable/fragile the band's status really was as opposed to being shocked at the mere fact that they were accused of rape.

I mean, no one has any proof of anything. Someone on Facebook accused Ben of sexual assault, and then pulled up a 7-year-old image of him squatting in front of a swastika he drew in the sand in a beach in 2011, a picture which Ben already addressed and apologized for. Twice.

Basically someone went, "Ben raped me! Look, here's a picture of him with a swastika! Get him!" and the rest is history. PWR BTTM went up in flames. It's scary to watch. It's like a witch burning.

It's scary. I never even liked PWR BTTM that much but they don't deserve this.

Sup Forums have no influence on the outside world other than annoying "qt" women online and playing Death Grips at parties

Since when is twitter and facebook the outside world?

I mean the world outside of Sup Forums

because he did it.
but NOW wokefork is ONLY hyping black people, amirite? maga##

What about youtube? I constantly see people in comments who clearly slop around here. Brote?

stop shilling these smelly faggots or there will be hell to pay

YouTube comments are weirdly light on normies compared to other popular places for quote unquote discussion online
Fucking Sup Forumstants

Swans got rape accusations? When?

And this happened because, as I keep saying, THEY APPEALED TO THE PEOPLE WHO THINK LIKE THAT. The moral of the story is, don't try to help people in your imagined "community", they will drag you under with them. Most people suffer because they're too mediocre not to. If you're queer, be like Johnny Mathis, not PWR BTTM. RIP in peace.

Around 2008 I believe.

Gira got 'em, scroll up for deets.

This.

Freddie Gibbs was ARRESTED for rape and nothing has happened to his career

Wonder what the difference is.... . .. . .

Didn't Gira at least admit that he might have betrayed consent with Grimm? I remember seeing a FB post along those lines.

All bla-

You nearly got me.

No. Also, that phrase is bullshit. You either rape someone or you don't. People use these phrases because they've never been naked with another person.

i think Sup Forums just likes the drama

it's like a Sup Forums happening thread but music-related

Because that's victim blaming

This is a case where their aesthetic literally fucked their rights

Hahagahahahagad

there's been some serious discontent brewing in the 'queer indie' scene or whatever; the idea that these guys are hack frauds merely wearing their """queerness""" as a facade

and then there's this immaculately timed hit job – right on the eve of their album release – tarnishing their entire career in a matter of hours

really makes you think

>hit job
A bunch of Twitter and Facebook posts?

like the bus video with Trump followed by all those accusations
Everyone thought he was done

The thing is though he denied it all with his usual flare. Why the duck didn't PB? They thought they'd get points for being sympathetic. Fucking retards deserve to burn for that alone.

No there are accounts from multiple sources

>Because that's victim blaming
how??this whole sjw logic is so confusing

as soon as they denied it they would be accused of victim blaming

PB knew this so they didn't deny it and instead said let's talk about this
Which is as good as saying If I did it

Oh, pardon, all because multiple someones on Tumblr AND Twitter said he raped them, because we all know the more people say things on the internet the truer it is

If you throw yourself out there, you have to be honest. Hopkins was preaching onstage the opposite of his actions offstage, obliviously creating more fuel for general transphobic rhetoric. God damn it, Ben.

I know people im one of the tranny mcsnowflakes bruv

>The thing is though he denied it all with his usual flare. Why the duck didn't PB? They thought they'd get points for being sympathetic.
he made fun of the jews dumbass
thats the big problem

To be fair we got this zinger from Jet in response

youtube.com/watch?v=FXMBLs3Zr7s

you're missing a ton of context, the reason this blew up so quickly is because the band's response was basically "don't talk about this publicly, please email us"

this plus the fact that insiders who would know something like this (band members, etc.) very heavily implies that the rape is real

after a certain point it becomes a self perpetuating thing but to get to that point requires pretty significant implications of reality.

I have NEVER seen this band posted here before this week.

it stems from the retarded idea of believing everyone who cries rape, evidence or not. they look like the types to believe that themselves though, so what goes around comes around, i guess.

literally everyone involved realized that gira did nothing and that larkin grimm was insane. even p4k eventually realized they were wrong for siding with her and just sorta stopped reporting on it.

youtube.com/watch?v=OJtSg5FOdos

This band is the fag version of this. How did they even get signed?

>i'm being a monkey!
this show was gold

is the one on the left a trap?

i just listened to one of their songs on their bandcamp. it was catchy although nothing special. they got signed because they're a classic case of style over substance - record heads knew they would have sold a bunch of shit to retards from tumblr.

Remember kids, guilty until proven innocent is now the law of this land.

i don't give a shit about this band but this is making me sad! because, like, there are kids who read pitchfork and care a lot about music and don't live in brooklyn, that's who they sell this shit to, you know, "Love Emo Revival? Go buy converse sneakers from the TARGET SUPERSTORE your friends are all huffing air dusters behind," and these are dark fucking times, suicide rates for LGBT youth are as high as they've ever been, and then this band comes on in the car on All Songs Considered or whatever and you're like -- hey wow, maybe i can come out to my friends or whatever, but it's all just liberal-arts-college talk-the-talk white-boy ponzi-scheme bullshit

i guess this is just the one quadrillionth way of saying capitalism is shitty, but capitalism is...shitty! and if even one rural kid feels like extra lonely and disheartened on the bus tomorrow to another fucking school day during donald j. trump's presidency because this dumb shitty band broke their heart it makes me want to punch out the fire sprinklers in every bowery venue in lower manhattan

>when some sjw cuck gets ruined by not following their own standards

Its like when priests get caught doing gay shit

Wow, this pisses me off. I remember when Michael Gira got accused of raping someone, then it turned out to be bullshit. I've actually seen power bottoms live and they were a lot of fun. It actually makes me kinda sick, because you know it was some psychopathic girl who likes to pretend she was raped, and then all the psycho feminists who listen to pwr bttms are going to believe any accusation of rape regardless of if there's evidence because they think everyone who cries rape is telling the truth. You should see the mentality of these people when it involves rape, they will believe anything without evidence and if you argue with them they'll get really fucking man. It's despicable, and I feel really bad for pwr bttms. Tbh I want there very badly to be an openly genderqueer band, and it warms my heart going to their concerts and being surrounded by genderqueer people and trans people and gay people. It was one of my favorite concert experiences ever.

>fucking man
fucking mad*

no i believe they fucked her and ditch her.
nu-males are the scum of the earth

>genderqueer
lmfao. 2/10

>is the one on the left a trap?
They're super adorable and androgynous. The other one is sorta gross, has facial hair and is always covered in glitter. The other one is a super cute angel.

Hurr durr two genders I am science man. I sure do love colonialism.

There are one million ,,,"""''genderqueer,,,'""" bands m8 the only question is who's next

You're so knowledgeable about science with your memes.

l am a non-binary poz-cuckold. You wanna know what that means? Well, lemme explain.
The normal cuckold seeks out just one gift from his black bull: a mixed child. But the enby poz-cuckold wants more. He wants three gifts. We are greedy little whores. Here's how we do it:

Normally, I drive in my Mercedes to a street gym where ripped black men train their muscular bodies, their sweaty skin reflecting the sun light and the air filled with their hot, african scent. I get hard just thinking about it. Sometimes I leak precum in my pants even before making my way to them. I get out of the car and ask if anyone of them has AIDS. At that point, they already know what'll happen.
One of the men with AIDS gets inside my car and we drive somewhere isolated. I then take a small pocket knife, stick it into my pee hole, and twist it 360 degree. In the cuckold community we call this AIDS twister. Sure, it hurts and bleeds like a motherfucker, but it's worth it.

The black man then proceeds to dock me until we both cum and I contract AIDS. I already have 4 types of AIDS at that point. That's the first gift. We then drive to my house and he fucks my wife, who has also contracted various types of AIDS. That's the second gift. And then, 9 months later, the third and by far best gift arrives: a black child that also has AIDS.

It's very liberating. Try it, you might surprise yourself.

There's actually not.

das what happens when you pander to sjw's

I stopped reading after you used the word cuck. Obvious troll is obvious.

You know their label is actually offering people refunds if they bought the album.

Has that ever happened before?

AIDS isn't the death sentence it used to be, dingus
These days you can live a long and happy life with the right medication
The rest of your post is just racism plain and simple
Kill yourself

jai paul leaked demos

I would never want an audience of snowflakes that get offended at everything, those people will accuse a man of rape even if he is gay.

Really, you want to be like KISS were hot bimbos just offer to suck your cock, man rock used to be cool and less faggy

>Really, you want to be like KISS were hot bimbos just offer to suck your cock, man rock used to be cool and less faggy
just do trap music. they don't care
d

literally who?

>having interracial sex is racist
bad boy, no poz load for you today

thank you for teaching these cringy edgelord Sup Forumstards about the queer community.

It's amazing how problematic literally all trap music is but not a single think piece

actually that other guy wasn't exactly proven false, there were a ton of other people accusing him jezebel.com/is-this-the-end-of-the-era-of-the-important-inappropri-1765684275

if you don't want to click on a jezebel link with a title like that (understandably), although this dude had a fellow band member who said that Grimm was crazy, he had a bunch of students in his position at this college that also had some accusations against him. So that guy might actually be doing some serial criminal acts.

But all that happened with Gira was him and Grimm got drunk, they were lying together at the end of the night and he stuck it in dry because he thought something was going but immediately realized there's nothing going and pulled off. sort of like using your dick like a divining rod. it's kind of fucked up but not on some sort of Bill Cosby SVU rape monster level. it's the sort of thing where it's like if society could actually have a conversation about this topic maybe we could all walk away with a greater understanding of consent, but it always gets turned up to "burn the witch" levels of hysteria as soon as the topic comes up.

wtf I hate Stranger Things now

You'd be lying if you said you wouldnt fug this man right here, id dock him for hours whilst caressing each other and saying nice words

>power bottom
>raping someone else
How is that possible?

>tops can't get raped
not this double standard again

>Her
I don't know man, did he mount a strapon on her and then raped her?