Just a reminder that jack didn't do anything to "prepare" for his role as the joker and basically phoned it in chewing...

just a reminder that jack didn't do anything to "prepare" for his role as the joker and basically phoned it in chewing up the scenery and making dumb noises, and he's STILL better than Leto's method autism

they dont make actors like they used to

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=EB-fSOds9AU
youtube.com/watch?v=5wwItkoapuA
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

thats why heath was 100 x better

Well Jacky boy is a good actor, Leto is just delicious meat.

Is this the most kino scene of the 80's?
youtube.com/watch?v=EB-fSOds9AU

>Joker: Sometimes I Just Kill Myself
>Batman: Very poor choice of words...

Jacks version was boring af. the movie too in that regard. only nostalgic hipster dcuks think its a master piece.

this desu
Burton's movies were crap
Batman was a 6/10 because at least it's got some kind of plot
Batman Returns was a fucking shitshow only saved by latex catwoman, everything else was boring as shit - 3/10 for me

He also earned $60 million on the film, iirc

Boring compared to who? He does more shit than Heath. Are you that autist that always cries about the Art Gallery scene being too silly?

I like Batman because it has the most subtle plot compared to other capeshit

meanwhile Jared probably got like only 20 million and half of his scenes cut out of the movie...

BATMAN 89 SUCKS ASS

I grew up with them but sorry, they have absolutly not aged well at all.

>Keaton is a manlet
>Joker killed Bruce's parents thus ruining the ideological war that Batman and Joker are supposed to have and makes it a dumbed down revenge story
>Nicolson thinks laughing is playing the joker
>Batman kills
>the entire museum scene

I could go on and on.

>Is this the most kino scene of the 80's?

No, this is.

youtube.com/watch?v=5wwItkoapuA

>>Joker killed Bruce's parents thus ruining the ideological war that Batman and Joker are supposed to have and makes it a dumbed down revenge story
>>Batman kills
>muh comics!

hello mouth-breather

I remember those 90's collectible movie cards that would have a quote and picture of an actor. very nostalgic

Holy shit, I don't remember this being so terrible and cringey

Fuck off faggot

>wants movies to be exactly like comics he still reads after the age of 12
>calls me a mouth breather

But that's the point of the Joker

heath's performance was hit or miss
and inconsistent
and the whole scene where he's in the hospital was terrible and contrived, they gave the character way too much leeway in his performance. the whole "its not really the joker's fault! he's only a mad dog! i want who let him off his leash! " was stupid as fuck, no, it really was the joker, no, you should have shot him in the hospital.
harvey dent's character was terrible in dark knight
dark knight was deeply flawed as a movie, the rambling monologue near the end by the joker was fucking forgettable and boring, you just wanted the movie to end like 45 minutes before it actually did

also the whole bat vision thing with the cell phones was so contrived and boring, the whole lawyer sub plot and mob money sub plot was terrible, the whole part where the joker just somehow manages to pull of the biggest heist in history stealing all mob money then burning it, is retarded, because the joker apparently didnt plan any of it, but then no way, he really did plan every fucking thing down to the letter, with a fucking kitchen timer counting down to the exact fucking second bruce wayne would be looking out the window , to distract police to shoot at him, which was so fucking retarded.

there are so many fucking flaws in the dark knight, that everyone just gave one big pass because heath OD'd like typical actors do, and he was a flamboyant piece of shit so everything he did got a big pass.
even his 2 scenes where hes describing "Where he got his scars" where wildly different, which makes no fucking sense

the entire movie is just a circlejerk over a hamfested character actor who didnt really do much with his fucking character, just a bunch of flamboyant scenes strung together with loose plot strings that make no fucking sense to anyone with half a fucking brain

I agree, like ghostbusters this "classic" doesn't age well and turn boring.
good classic that age nice
>Back to the Future

Batman Returns is a pleb filter and your gay ass doesn't make the cut. Stick to Snyder flicks.

Go prep a bull straightey

If you read a comic that isn't Judge Dredd or The Walking Dead, you're more likely the tittied up little dunce.

It's fantastic.

And yet its become an iconic performance that nobody wants to touch... you know what, maybe you're wrong

I always took that as a dream sequence. Like the Joker was taking over so much of his mind that he started representing any form of evil.

Also pic related.

I agree. I also think Karate Kid good and has not diminished. Jaws being the exemplar in the scenario mentioned.

Painting and dancing is evil?

>The comics I read are the exception!

No they're not. Go take your place with the other retarded man-children.

>chewing the scenery

Why does Kevin smith love that phrase so much

batman and batman returns are kino
heath ledger was the best joker, but it cost the fgt his life lol

>Ghostbusters hasnt aged well
gtfo

>delicious
He looks like granpa in his Joker make up.

wow this aged really badly

Face it. Capeshit is absolutely offensive and embarrassing. You'll cherrypick shit here and there that's "worth it... heh even though I didn't read Random Tie-In 99, which is the only way you'll know why Batman suddenly has a black woman in the cave 1 issue later that is already part of the Bat family, blood-related to Alfred, and knows everything about the Bat computer!"

I thought this scene was terrible back in the say two

there's never been a good superhero movie. prove me wrong. nobody can

But Sandman though?

>even his 2 scenes where hes describing "Where he got his scars" where wildly different, which makes no fucking sense

what do you mean? are you referring to the fact that the stories he tells are different? Because that's the whole point.

dark knight fuck u cuckold

You got baited

Defendor.

He danced over dead bodies and destroyed classical art

Your main problem with the film is that a psychopath dressed like a clown lies about his motivations.

Darkman

yeah basically

good movie but not a real super hero movie. Its intention is to subvert the genre, like Birdman. If anything it's more like Don Quixote.

This is what I find so funny about people. Because it's old, and arguably the first exposure of the Joker to mainstream, people act like Nicholson's performance was great. In reality it's just Jack Nicholson in joker makeup.

Are you saying Defendor wasn't a real superhero? He became a symbol by the end, and he took out Captain Industry. He was more of a hero than most of the "heroes" we see in capemovies.

All my life everyone's acknowledged that Jack Nicholson is Jack Nicholson in every role. Nothing wrong with that. I don't give a fuck about how any of these actors prepare. I just want to enjoy the end product without WELL THIS GUY TRIED HARDER HURRR METHOD ACTING

I guess but I don't want to be wrong so I can't really agree with you

The movies are significantly better than the comics.

honestly Jack Nicholson is terrible! I hate him!

Well fine, have it your way.
TRENCHCLUB

Yeah he's shit

>Hey Jack act like a retarded crazy criminal
>okay

I don't really think Joker is that nuanced of a character. Doesn't take a master to play him well.

yeah even as a kid, i always thought this scene was cringy.

it definitely hasnt aged well

even burton thinks its a pretty crap film

but thats not really the point here

Those are actually the reasons why it doesn't suck

Suck dick you fucking nerd

This is all wrong, but the only part I'd have to agree with where i believe the movie was flawed was that Harvey didnt shoot joker in the hospital. Its been clear that everything has been his fault including him losing half his face and getting his girlfriend killed. In that state of mind harvey wouldve have just shot him in the head without having to flip a coin over it.

>reading comics
>"Earth #990" where some characters are the same but not quite
>"Earth #20032" where there are some characters that aren't in "Earth #40034"
Jesus christ why would anyone read this trash

nerds are emotionally and mentally stunted and they literally consider this shit to be high art and not what it always actually was: cheap pulp entertainment.

>Batman kills

Confirmed for not knowing shit about Batman if you think this is a problem.

Muh Batman doesn't kill.

>it's just Jack Nicholson in joker makeup.

>All my life everyone's acknowledged that Jack Nicholson is Jack Nicholson in every role.

Other than maybe The Passenger he's the same in everything.

>The Shining
>crazy mountain Jack Nicholson

>Terms of Endearment
>crazy astronaut cad Jack Nicholson

>Batman
>crazy Joker makeup Jack Nicholson

>The Departed
>crazy mob Jack Nicholson

etc.

>hating the museum scene

Aand trash opinion it is

>with a fucking kitchen timer counting down to the exact fucking second bruce wayne would be looking out the window

Wow, you're truly a fucking idiot. You think he planned that?
Wake up doofus, he just set up a distraction so people would be focusing on the window the moment he'd shot the Mayor.

MOM'S GONNA FREAK

Now that the dust has settled ..

Jackie Boy or Heath Ledger?

Caeser Romero.

heath ledger all memes aside, is a fantastic performance

jackie boy as joker is still great for crystallizing wacko jacko's natural charisma and screen presence, because he did sweet fuck all besides have fun and critics thought it was a great performance. Thats the difference between an actor and a bonafide movie star

>Dadaism

He's git fross points, he's still earning.

I like Jack Nicholson's Joker. I mean, I used to be a retarded teen who though Heath Ledger was the best, Jack sucked and Cesar Romero was embarrassing
but then I grew up and realized that they're all good in their own ways.

Well, except for Leto.

>tripfag_shitposting_outloud.gif

I haven't seen Leto yet, so I can't judge. I think the tattoos look stupid as hell, but I don't mind the grill because I don't think it's actually a grill, but rather silver dental crowns probably from getting the shit beat out of him.

Jared Leto is usually either really good or really bad.

Also his laugh sounds exactly like the Thermians from Galaxy Quest so it annoys me.

>the whole "its not really the joker's fault! he's only a mad dog! i want who let him off his leash! " was stupid as fuck, no, it really was the joker, no

yes that was the entire point about the Joker. Nothing he said could be taken at face value. He very obviously had many plans and was so much more than a mad dog.

You just seem like some angry butthurt faggot though. Are you mad that whenever someone says the Joker all anyone talks about is Ledger and not Nicholson? Consider suicide mate, its just a movie based of of comic books.

crazy mob Jack Nicholson is my favorite by far. And it's ok when Nicholson plays the same role every time, but when his son DiCaprio does it its a blemish on his career?

>but rather silver dental crowns probably from getting the shit beat out of him

This. I hope its dentures from getting his teeth smashed in by Batman. I'm pretty disappointed that they hacked up Leto's screen time. He could have been a tertiary villain without getting his screentime cut down to nothing. Fucking pussy ass executives.

Hopefully it's all restored in the Ultimate Joker kino Edition

>its another capeshit thread
just stopping by to say you're all cunts

jfc

heath ledger
rip heath ledger

Tim Burton batman is good because it's basically a German impressionism film with danny elfman music set to it.

>German impressionism

Err, German expressionist. Fuck.

I forgot how great this was.

Had a hearty kek m8.

lmao look at this mad fuck