My step father keeps changing the wifi password until I do a favor for him like wash his car...

My step father keeps changing the wifi password until I do a favor for him like wash his car. Im a 20 yr old college student so its not like I just sit at home eating up his wifi. Is there a way I can just get past the constant password changes?

>20 yr college student
>doesn't eat up wifi
Sure...

And bitch you're staying at the house, and as long as you are you are the bitch. get used to it or get out

Wow ur very helpful thanks for contributing. Why did you even click on this thread?

Im at school or work 75% of the time and when I am on wifi its like past 10 when everybody is asleep.

grow up and leave, your 20 for fuck sakes.

offer to pay some of the monthly bill for unrestricted access

or ask him to create a list of things like 'washing the car', and do a deal where the password isn't changed if you're up to date

technically he doesn't have to give you anything

>]
I would if I could. Financial situation wont allow it. Currently looking for another job on top of my current one.

Already tried this. Step dad has a history of being a dick just because as he put it "he likes manipulating people"

let him know your circumstance. but like not all at once, drop hints or some shit till one day you tell him you cant do his chores when he asks but that you need the wifi for school shit. Then that reaction won't seem unwarranted because of your previous conversations with the fuck. Still it's his house so...

what about making these requests in front of his partner (i'd assume its your mom?)
if he's an unreasonable dick to you in front of her when you're being cool calm and collected - he'll look like a tool. surely your mom won't stand for these manipulations if he's manipulating her progeny

otherwise, get out from underneath his shitty umbrella, or get your own internet connection

He straight up told me that he could care less about my quality of life. He always says shit like "oh well im not bending for you, you're here to accommodate me"

Change the password yourself next time.

Nah he doesnt care about being a dick in front of her. She sticks up for me all the time and it usually ends up in him yelling at her.

get job
get router
get internet
get laid
get paid
gatorade

then thats fucked up and I have nothing else to say

kill him.
it isn't hard.
are you waiting for permission.
do you need a plan, an alibi.

Yeah moving out soon though. Just one more semester. But until then I guess im going to have to put up with his crap just to use the internet

I think the repercussions of that wouldnt be good for anybody. And that def wouldnt solve my wifi problem.

Just use your phone as a hotspot?

What user said.
Learn how routers work. Lock him out of his own fucking access. Most power tripping tools don't know shit beyond _basic_ workings of anything computer related.
Change the network's SSID and then set it to not broadcast the SSID. Grin inwardly to yourself gleefully as he stresses out on the phone to tech support about "MUH INTERNET ISN'T THERE!"

ah one of these threads where you're asking us how to deal with a totally unreasonable person

see

dropped phone into lake the other day. Using an older phone as placeholder without hotspot capabilities.

I dont want to reason with him. I just want to bypass him to access the wifi.

then why did you make this thread?

do this. beat him at his own game. you can't get a manipulative narcissist to care about you or truly respect you, but you can get them to "respect" you in the sense that they'll learn not to fuck with you. become someone he doesn't want to fuck with.

is it possible for you to secretly run ethernet cable into that router? if yes, then you can buy a WIFI access point, and connect your devices to that WIFI AP, which then completes the connection to the router by ethernet and gets you online

Semesters take a couple of months. And I would have to wait till the fall to even start the semester since the classes arnt offered in the summer.

I see your point. well then I guess it's time for you to git gud at routers.

He would notice it after a day or two. Hes always blamed me for pipelining the wifi so that its fast for me and slow for everybody else. Which ive never given him a reason to think that and I wouldnt even know where to begin on how to do that.

That's cool, I had my dad taken my modem away from me and he disconnected my cell phone line. Awesome

I guess so. Any form of networking has always been pretty overwhelming for me at first glance so ive always sort of avoided learning it.

Sorry to hear that man. Luckily I can pay my own cell bill so i at least have that.

don't take control of the router, it doesn't belong to you, and you're not paying the subscription to the internet

how IT saavy is this step father?