Just caught up with this

Just caught up with this

who the fuck did it

Is that the point?

the step father of course

Nas did it

It was obviously Nas. The door was locked and there were no signs of breaking in or even a struggle. She probably got him to do it, and in his blacked out stupor he obliged. But he still did it.

>True Detective S1
>be genuinely interested and stumped as to who did it
>introduce minor character played by Boardwalk Empire alum (lawnmower)
>Gee, I wonder why they cast this HBO alum in a minor role that will never come back and be important - OHHHHHH duh he did it

>The Night of S1
>be genuinely interested and stumped as to who did it
>introduce minor character played by Boardwalk Empire alum (stepfather)
>Gee, I wonder why they cast this HBO alum in a minor role that will never come back and be important - OHHHHHH duh he did it

Fuck HBO if it turns out I'm right.

The main door was locked. The lower door beneath the stairs was not locked. Go back and watch. She lets the cat out after Naz mentioned his allergies then does not close the door fully. Dumb idiot (the girl not you)

I mean aside from Nas himself doing it, how else would they lead in that someone else did it without being super obvious about it? I don't think the step father is anything but a red herring. she probably asked him to and nas probably did it

It was me

>blood all over the bed
>blood all over the lamp
>blood on the wall

>no blood on Naz

Yeah sure, buddy.

But doesn't Stone try to open it later and it's locked?

the author of all your pain

>killer couldn't possibly have closed the door on his way out to perfectly frame Naz

Step your game up

What was she gonna do at the beach?

Read my post again.
They've already been super obvious about it.
You really think they'd cast a recognizable actor in a two-bit role that won't be important?
The stepdad is definitely involved somehow and I'm willing to bet actually did it

Apparently in the British version he's just a red herring.

Hadn't thought of that.
If you're right, fuck you for spoiling.

>remake a mystery show
>follow the plot exactly

I def see what you're saying, but I would expect them to make some changes from the original

This fucking guy right here did it

This could have easily been a True Detective season. It takes such a different spin on the old detective story I think it would have really resonated as S3. Probably would have been more popular too.

Forgot about this guy, when they questioned his friend he lied about being with someone and said he was alone. Pretty suspicious.

>black murderer
>in the current year 2016
This is HBO we are talking about, shitlord

Something is definitely up with him though... his friend lied about walking by himself that night

What about this guy though? He basically admits to the crime right here.

My money is on this sambo too, his hearse representing her impending death

The step father is definitely a more important character then he's been shown. But honestly I can't tell how what's going on. Nas is the obvious choice, because they really havent even hinted that it could have been someone else, besides the weird things that happened during the first episode. But even that doesn't really have to mean anything

>his hearse representing her impending death

wow....damn.....really makes you think

That could have easily been typical nigger behaviour. Probably comitting crimes

Total red herring

thats some ebig bottery XDDD

Is The Night Of gonna be the new True Detective?

There's already talks of a second season with a different premises.

What's with the excessive screen time dedicated to Stone's eczema?

I get how it's supposed to show how he's sort of a lowly poorer common man, but still. It has to mean something more, right?

Yup second black guy

Also this show is so good

Also - anyone think there is anything significant about the mounted deer head by the stairs? It gets a lot of screen time - I was thinking maybe there was a hidden camera in it.

Probably just a little characterization. I'm glad he's not just slugging back booze and ripping cigarettes like every other fucking detective show ever.

It's all so deep man, I studied film at college just so you know

It would pretty much be ripping exactly what Breaking Bad did. I do agree there's probably something about the house that's not quite as it seems. Not sure what though.

>glad he's not just slugging back booze and ripping cigarettes

I'm so glad they didn't do this. Even the main detective is pretty realistically portrayed. Nobody is really a loose cannon. Everyone is pretty competent and by-the-books at their jobs. Nobody is a stupid cliche. This show, if anything, is very tastefully done.

Except the scene where they lit Nas' bed on fire. That felt out of place.

What if she wanted to kill herself at the bridge but she changed her mind and wanted naz to do it. I think jail will change naz and he will leave a completely diffrent person.

My money's on a hidden drug lab.

I think this is most likely. It made a point to show how much she persuaded Nas into doing shit he didn't want to do.

>take her in the cab
>take the ecstasy
>drink
>snort the coke
>play the fucking knife game

Hell, he even stabs her during the game. I think he was really fucked up and she asked him to kill her and in his drugged haze he did it.

OK BUT SERIOUSLY
What the fuck is up with that fucking deer head? They've shown a fuckload of closeups... is there like a hidden camera inside the eye or something?

>"play stab game with me"
>"no i am too much of a pussy"

>"brutally murder me to death"
>"ok"

How can anyone does think this

It was himself.
He bombed the mosque.

Because

1) He agreed to do it eventually

and

2) He was coked up, boozed up, and rolling face on ecstasy. In the heat of the moment anything can happen.

Not a fucking chance.
Even when coked up, boozed up, and rolling face on ecstasy, he had to be convinced to do something that could POTENTIALLY endanger her.

Now imagine her telling him to kill her.