ROCK IS DEAD

>ROCK IS DEAD

Holy shit how does it feel to be so wrong, Sup Forums?

Who else is ready for another golden age of music?

You have 10 seconds to name a rock band from the last 25 years that is both critically acclaimed and culturally relevant. Please note that commercial success is not synonymous with cultural relevance.

Impossible Mode: No Nirvana.

Oh wait, you can't.

R.I.P Rock

Please note:
>The Strokes, Arctic Monkeys, Queens of the Stone Age, The Mars Volta, Franz Ferdinand, The Smashing Pumpkins, Oasis, Bloc Party, The Libertines, Blur, Pulp, Suede, and Interpol are not culturally relevant, as they have had no real cultural impact. You're not going to hear their music being played at a high school dance or have a large number of normies sharing them on Facebook or in the future remembering them the way you would a contemporary artist who actually has made a cultural impact (e.g. Beyonce, Kendrick, Kanye, Taylor Swift, Justin Bieber)
>Jack White is not a culturally relevant artist. Seven Nation Army may be a culturally relevant track but having only one culturally relevant track indicates a lack of longevity and thus a lack of cultural relevance as artists.
>Weezer only have one critically acclaimed album and it came out 23 years ago.
>Muse, Foo Fighters, Coldplay, Tool, Kings of Leon, The 1975, Alt-J, The Black Keys, Pearl Jam, Green Day, My Chemical Romance, Fall Out Boy, Blink-182, Brand New, Taking Back Sunday, Mumford & Sons, and Red Hot Chili Peppers are not critically acclaimed.
>The Flaming Lips, Sufjan Stevens, Vampire Weekend, Tame Impala, The National, The Hold Steady, Dinosaur Jr, Deerhunter, Mac DeMarco, Porcupine Tree, Beach House, Ween, Titus Andronicus, Bon Iver, Pixies, Spoon, Pavement and Modest Mouse are far too niche to be considered culturally relevant. This is also true for all metal.
>R.E.M., Bruce Springsteen, and U2 have not been critically acclaimed in the last 25 years.
>LCD Soundsystem, Radiohead and Arcade Fire are not rock bands

is he the next scott walker?

Any form of rock will never die!

I think you're wrong fully.

Then prove him wrong by naming one

What about Peter Stevenage? He's a critic and acclaims all of those

>thinking this hard about arbitrary genre distinctions and trying to quantify subjective categories like "cultural relevance"

weak, one-dimensional analysis tbqh

radiohead is a rock band you shermhead

And too rooted in the 2010's in America. Half those bands were huge 10+ years ago, just not as much currently or they're bigger in Britain (Artic Monkeys, Blur)

chill bruh

>radiohead is not a rock band
I kek'd.
>the strokes, queens of the stone age, smashing pumpkins, oasis, suede, interpol are not culturally relevant
Songs from all of these bands literally just played at a dance at my college just last week. How does it feel to be this autistic

Naming one what? A band that made a difference with their music or even revolutionised a scene, culture, and or individual's themselves?

>>Foo Fighters, Coldplay, Kings of Leon, The Black Keys, Pearl Jam, Green Day, Red Hot Chili Peppers

>>not critically acclaimed.

the fuck are you retarded?
radiohead is an IDM band

That's what I'm saying lmao

confirmed, has never listened to IDM

Your post is the same as me saying rap is baboon monkey ape shit flinging homunculus music

>names every critically acclaimed rock band as exceptions in his own post

He's a clever girl

nice pasta, have another (you)

gr7 b7 m7 r7 7/7

I know its pasta but Jane's Addiction

>radiohead is not a rock band

it's true tho. Ok Computer was the last straight up rock album they made

REMINDER

6 ( S I X ) WRITTERS FOR EVERY SONG

WE BEYONCE NOW

Critical acclaim and "cultural relevance" is all dictated by record producers and they arbitrarily decided that coal black nogs should be pushed as cool on an entirely political basis.

Also as you yourself pointed out "cultural relevance" probably means your music is shit, just like Nirvana's was.

If Arcade Fire isnt rock what is it?

What about The Killers?

I hope you will, though

Not yet but I unironically believe he could be given time.

>Radiohead and Arcade Fire are not rock bands

all these people getting butthurt. i completely agree. just because you like shitty music doesnt mean its critically acclaimed or cultural relevant

Go to sleep Brian Warner.

THE FACT THAT

LOL

St. Vincent, Beck

The pasta is kinda stale senpai chef, also
>David Bowie
>Blackstar

paramore.

>strained my voice so hard I got piles
>geuess thats why they call me harry styles

PWR BTTM