Underrated/overlooked films

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=n0pP66O9VN0
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

This is literally my pleb filter

great movie. thought it would usher in a George Higgins revival with Friends of Eddie Coyle remake fast-tracked, but nope, the theater i saw it in was empty and apparently it bombed box office-wise. damn shame as it was a great film. sucks for Domink, too, as it has made financing his Marylin Monroe film difficult. at least he got to make that Nick Cave doc coming soon.

Nope it was a boring mess and not even on a 2deep4u level it was just shit.

THIS IS MY HAT NOW. THIS IS TOTALLY MY HAT!

What was the point of James Gandolfini's character?

>boring mess
how so? i found it to be a captivating look at small time criminals with great dialogue rivaling David Milch and impressive stylistic cinematography, not to mention great performances by Liotta, Mendelsohn, McNairy, and Pitt.

>Friends of Eddie Coyle

goddamn this is one of my favorite movies of all time, books too. I would be furious if they remade it.

well, there are several points to his character. first and foremost, he represents someone who his job has torn him up inside. dude's a mess. killing people on a frequent basis kind of does that to you, if you're not a psycho/sociopath. another aspect to his character is that he's a glutton. overindulging is the way he deals with the mess that is his life. there are also obvious parallels to the political situation and the Wall Street mess the film is set in. like many a politician or Wall Street broker, he is ultimately useless.

shit movie fuck off pleb op

This is del toro's best film imo

>when he's getting shitface drunk in the hotel room and rambling about how he can't go outside, he can't go outside
>when he's pounding beers at the hotel bar and ranting about how fucked everything is

god tier character

Best movie I've seen in a while

It was a genuine snorecore though.

pleb: filtered

That movied sucked. The whole gandolfini character was a joke that had nothing to do with the plot. I know he died in filming but still, it ruined the whole movie. He took up a 1/3 of the screen time with boring, meaningless exposition

what's the Viking one? i've seen them all except that one and Leviathan. all great films. Upstream Color is my favorite film of the decade as of yet.

Leviathan is a good movie.

Gandolfini had 2 five minute scenes ya retard, and Gandolfini died in June '13 while this released in November '12. Could you be any more misinformed?

No, it's bad. Derivative, silly direction, empty.

don't feed the troll, mate. i think it was rather obvious he's just baiting.

i've heard. i need to stream it soon. sucks all my preferred sites have gone dark, though, and i don't think the film is on Netflix.

well he's either baiting or just pretending to be an enormous retard

This is a great flick, seriously

I'm pretty sure thats Noah

Barely hear anyone talk about it. Most normies dont even know it exists. Except army-fags but thats because they often have an operator fetish

you're right, just looked it up. the film was not really my cup of tea, although, the evolution sequence and the other one that used similar effect were top notch and sort of made up for a rather dreary narrative.

is this Sicario? if so, that film is mentioned nearly on a daily basis here, mate. there have been hundreds of threads about it. if not, my bad.

>watch this joint
>it's shit
>thread on Sup Forums

Everytime!

Seriously though this movie sucks.

Oh no that's true. I assumed OP meant underappreciated in general culture, not on Sup Forums.
My mistake if thats not the case.

>cinematographer goes to movie producers
>"I've mastered my craft and can shoot films in a variety of innovative and stylish ways"
>"we don't have any projects to use you on this second, but if you want we'll cobble together a script about gangsters over the weekend. you start shooting monday"

gorgeous movie. shitty, shitty, shitty writing.

>when Brad Pitt's character unloads his gun on the lid after all they did
I know I should have completely seen it coming, but it still surprised and scarred me

>most normies don't even know it exists
yes. yes they do user

he Killed Him Softlyâ„¢

Well shit. I must not know the right people. Thats what happens when you work almost exclusively with the middle-aged

Torrent where?

the two guys stealing the wheelchair during the riot scene kills me everytime

Damn, this is pretty patrician for the four-chan. I thought I was alone in loving Noah. One of the most under rated films of the decade.

>baiting
>pretending to be an enormous retard

Pretty much the same thing

>most normies dont even know it exists

lmfaOOO?

youtube.com/watch?v=n0pP66O9VN0

underrated masterpiece. a good b-side companion to The Assassination of Jesse James by the Coward Robert Ford.