Do college athletes do it for free?

do college athletes do it for free?

Surprisingly enough yes, they get really exploited.

Title IX and feminists are the reasons college football and basketball players can't get paid.

>implying it's not just the NCAA being greedy fucks

Considering that they get free educations at top schools while the average student goes tens of thousands of dollars in debt, i would say they're well compensated.
>inb4 AYO HOL UP I NEEDS SOME MONEY FOR MUH GOLD CHAIN DAWG!!

most of them don't really go to school. it's a farce.
it's like saying white collar securities violators go to prison. it's not real prison, it's not real school.

They get a free education, housing, healthcare, food and stipend.

This
plus introducing wages to cfb would ruin it by making it the NFL

I don't get this argument. 1) the vast majority of student athletes don't have a full scholarship. They're walk ons or have patial/conditionary scholarships. 2) they don't go for the education, and even if they fid, how can they study when they have two practices 3x a week and games on Saturday? 3) if you think they don't bring in millions more in revenue than they are supplying the university, you are delusional

but i want morezzzz :(((

>the vast majority of student athletes don't have a full scholarship.
Yes they do, it's only a minority that don't
>They're walk ons or have patial/conditionary scholarships.
If this is the case, it's because studies were their first priority
>how can they study when they have two practices 3x a week and games on Saturday
I'm in the marching band
We do the same shit for longer and still manage to have a high GPA on a pre-law track.
If I can do it they can too
> if you think they don't bring in millions more in revenue than they are supplying the university, you are delusional
They do, but that doesn't mean they are entitled to pay.
They're already getting their share of that revenue with their scholarships, paid housing and free meal plans

>the vast majority of student athletes don't have a full scholarship.

the vast majority of them actually do.

That revenue goes to support sports that don't earn a dime.

So do academic students and they don't work 60-80 hours a week to make their "school's" money

>academic students
They get tuition scholarships, sure.
But they certainly don't get any of the other two things, aka the biggest money wasters in college

And Nick Saban

Not every college athlete you see on TV gets a full ride scholarship asshole.

If they can sell your name/number on a jersey, or advertise with your picture, you should get payed.

End of story.

>stipends
2-5k per year. Prisoners literally make more per hour.
>meals
Up until a couple years ago, players complained about hunger because rations weren't enough. That seems like a very basic thing and not a "benefit."
All that not to mention it's impossible to make money with a job or your image. They couldn't afford food!

Except they fucking do, how else they pay thier expensive tuition?

Not everyone have thier parents to paid for them or financial aid (which only covered a certain percent)

>Up until a couple years ago
Sounds like the problem's been fixed then

We're talking about those students on academic scholarship, you dolt.

Where my fucking free lunch?
Oh wait i have to paid for it unlike those students athletes welfare queens

You are still wrong, dumbass. If you dont think the academic students dont work large numbers of hours to paid/ work for their school

why is school sports so big in usa

how many people come to watch you take tests and jerk off in your dorm vs how many people come and watch the football team on a weekly basis?

There's your answer faggot.

Depends on if you go to a school that lowkey pays their students like Alabama

Do they even study?

You're right, it's why they have paid meal plans, most of us aren't arguing to take that away, but giving them more is unnecessary
Because CFB is better than NFL and its also the best years of our lives

please explain

So the fuck what?

That doesnt disprove my point that academic students do have to paid or work for thier school.

Just be glad those fucking jocks do have worry much of those costs

sshhh you arent supposed to talk about that.

or in miami where they didnt get paid but they received cars as "gifts" instead

I didn't. Scholarships and financial aid covered it all at a 40k/yr private college. Didn't have to slave a single hour.

Because we don't really have academies for youth players like soccer does.

Time to put the shine down, cletus

>SFB > NFL
no

Its easier to Study for 12 hours and go hungry/live off your parents food stipend than study for 12 and grind on daily workouts/film study and then perform before 30,000+ people 1 a week

or at SMU in the 1980s before the NCAA busted their balls
or at Texas where they have a fleet of lawyers to sweep anything and everything under the rug
or wherever a scrappy rises to power, rest assured they're doing something wrong

Just a few weeks ago our in house SJW Nigel Hayes complained about how college players aren't paid, and despite his 140k scholarship he desires to be paid.

No-one gives a shit about the wnba/women's sports in general

men would get payed more because that's how capitalism works, women would pitch a fit because they don't get pay at mush/at all and thats not fair :( :( :( :(

I went to a great academic school to play football. Studied sparingly practiced much. Then went to law school. Football required a vastly bigger commitment.

yeah because the volleyball coach makes 3 mill a year and has a practice facility thats good enough for the pros.

I do
Because I'm not good enough for the few scholarships they give in track

He makes money for the school, he should be payed, i don't understand how that doesn't make sense.

Basic capitalism. Are you autistic?
>in house SJW
nevermind

The real solution to this is to tell the NCAA to fuck off and make minor leagues for the NFL and NBA

No one will actually consider this option though

They get free tuition and books. So no, they just don't get paid in cash. Fuck them.

>getting free ride at elite college because you can throw/catch a ball

they got paid

I can't decide what's more pathetic doing it for free or spending your time and money to watch someone else do it for free.

College sports are for rubes.

they get rewarded with pussy

Do you faggots think that guys like Marshawn lynch and richard Sherman could've gotten into schools like Berkley and Stanford without football?
Sports give guys like that chances to get into a top schools without needing 5.0 GPA and a 35 on the ACT.
>b-but muh revenue
No one cares about walkons. The guys that bring money to the school are top athletes and they receive full scholarships to catch a ball.
If it weren't for football, many guys would never even consider going to college because it's so damn expensive.
They receive the opportunity of a lifetime, and yet that's still not enough for them.
People need to quit being entitled faggots.

>for free
If you believe the middle aged men with large bills in their pockets hanging around the athletes all the time.

if it was so easy to get a free ride through college, why isn't everyone getting one?

also
>getting paid in hardest currency to spend
Might as well get paid in monopoly money.

>if it was so easy to get a free ride through college, why isn't everyone getting one?

Maybe there would be more money for academic scholarships if niggers weren't getting all the money to run around

Do you think those athletes actually do the work? Fuck no, they fuck around and get the bare minimum for them to sti be allowed to play their sport and a lot of the time someone else does their work for them. And they're making the schools they go to way more money that is being invested in them and if they were paid, they could pay for their own tuition. They even use the students athletes likeness of jerseys and posters and they don't get compensated for it. These fuckers are getting exploited, there's no way around it.

he's right, you know

maybe the college shouldn't be wasting money on people who are going to get a bachelors in communication