Do you tip? be it at a restaurant or the pizza guy. Do you think it's shitty/mean to not tip...

Do you tip? be it at a restaurant or the pizza guy. Do you think it's shitty/mean to not tip? and do you think it should be made illegal not to tip?

Sup Forums please.

Other urls found in this thread:

strawpoll.me/12650212
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Fuck yeah I tip.
Fuck yeah it's rude not to tip.
Fuck no it shouldn't be illegal to not tip.

I don't tip. I live in a country where it is the employer's responsibility to pay their workers a decent wage mandated by a minimum wage.

nope.

If you live in the United States you're retarded. Employers legally can pay those who work off compensation under minimum wage.

Example: minimum wage is $10, but you delivers pizzas and get paid $6 an hour.

If no one tips then you don't earn shit

I try to tip at least 5 bucks when I order. Sometimes I can't and when that situation comes up I ask for the delivery guys name so I can tip later when I can afford it. Drivers go through shit, they deserve to have a few bones thrown their way.

i personally choose to tip more than not because more than not the person that's serving / waiting on me earns it. it's not very hard to do either, just be polite, courteous, and to the point.

illegal not to tip? absolutely not. what should be illegal is allowing companies to pay the abhorrent rates per hour that they get away with, the very root of this whole "tipping culture" problem.

there's no reason a fortune 100 company should get away with paying their serving staff well under a collective $5/hour because "well you don't report tips!"

we're the consumers, our job is to pay for services rendered. as an employer it's your job to pay your employees a PROPER rate for their services rendered. it's that fucking easy.

tl;dr - tipping should be voluntary. paying a LIVABLE WAGE TO EMPLOYEES should be mandatory.

Pizza guy reporting in. We make the majority of our money from tips, as the fact that we can get tips mandates that we can be paid less than minimum wage. As such, we very much appreciate tips, and will often sneak in extra condiments and sauces for people who consistently tip well. You are not and should not be obligated to tip, but at the same time it shows appreciation for the completion of the job.

I don't care what the situation is in USoGAY. Fix your fucking country and stop cutting off dicks.

/thread

i feel like you and i would get along.

i'm

Im too tired from selivering piZas ro you shitfucks all noght rant right joe. Good jifht

Sup Forums should I order chinese food or pizza:

strawpoll.me/12650212

/thread

I tip. It's cruel not to.

I think pizza places should hire at a living wage and inform customers of this, leaving the option to tip but allowing for people not to feel guilty about not tipping. You're already paying a lot for pizza - say they charge an extra $5 per pizza to make up for the increase in wages, that's not beyond the range of what most people would tip anyway.

take minimum wage into consideration though. Here in Canada minimum wage is 10.85 an hour and I think dominoes is paying 12-14 bucks an hour I forgot. But Canada also has a higher standard of living.

Then take Seattle for example where minimum wage is 15$ an hour. So what's the limit when and when we should NOT tip?

Nevermind whether its right or wrong to tip. I tip because someone is taking the time to bring me food. I don't think people appreciate how god damned amazing that is. That someone could be doing ANYTHING in the fucking world. But they are BRINGING ME FOOD. Holy shit.

And for the low, low price of a few bucks you can feel like a god damned king. I adore these people. You want food, they bring you food. Why in the sam hell wouldn't you tip?! Are you insane?

Yes, mainly because in my state, waitstaff and drivers are almost always hired at around 2.xx per hour. For proper service, I think it's fair to tip, even if you just consider it a convenience fee (especially delivery). I've dated a few waitress and I know the BS they have to deal with and there are always cheap fucks who will run them ragged and not tip or they even end up having to pay for some assholes food if they complain enough.

Yes I tip. I'm not a child or a nigger
Yes, it's rude not to
No, it shouldn't be illegal not to tip.

It is my firmly held belief than anyone who has worked in the service industry for at least five years AND is currently employed in the service industry should be allowed to kill one person a year with no penalty

I'm a pizza delivery driver. My pay is 20% of the price for what I deliver and any tips i get. Please tip your delivery drivers Sup Forumsros

Just got home from a full shift at work.

Work as a driver/cook for a pizza kitchen to help pay for college and shit.

(Also work as a lab technician at a community college that teaches photoshop and etc.)

Should tipping be mandatory? Fuck no.

It's not the customers job to help and support us. Is it nice when you give us $5? Fuck ya it is. I'll either be spending it on gas, taking my girlfriend out for dinner or saving it.

Not gonna lie, a lot of drivers and restaurant workers are assholes and don't deserve shit.

Tipping is a gesture, not a right.

With that, I'm off to play Overwatch then go out for a beer.

You guys have a good night.

I tip because I'm lazy as fuck

Yeah I tip 20-30 percent regardless. Even if the waiter/waitress is not the best everyone has a shitty day. I am fortunate and make 150-175k depending on the year, but I have done many minimum wage jobs in my younger days.

I tip. In a country that lets big corporations fuck over their low-level employees, who produce the majority of their revenue for the sake of appeasing shareholders' dividends, it's only fair that these employees be justly compensated for their labor.

That's way too much. So if you deliver a 20 dollar order, your pay is already 5 dollars? That's double what I made at Dominos and I did alright.

I tip when I'm with other people and I don't want to listen to their bullshit bitching about tipping. As though it's my responsibility to make up for their poor wages. As though society tips everyone who is poorly paid. Remember the last janitor you gave a few extra bucks after shitting up his toilet? As though I spend more money than what something costs just because.

But seriously, I fucking hate listening to faggots cry so I just tip and I tip well. That or it's a place I go to regularly so I'll tip well.

If I'm alone or just with my girlfriend at a restaurant and it's a place I'll never return to? Zero tip. There's literally no rational answer to "why should I?"

Be vanquished, gone, you fucking monster..

I try to tip whenever I have a delivery driver cause I know they deal with shitty fat people and old cunts and traffic so I figure a tip helps make their day a little better.

I only tip at a restaurant when the waiter/waitress isn't snobby, which in my area happens a lot more than you'd think (meaning I don't tip that much)

lol

wtf?

This.

It's shitty to not tip, however if the service was bad you can leave a small tip or drown it in ketchup or something.

I don't eat any food that puts me in a situation to leave a tip.

I don't use any service that puts me in a situation to leave a tip.

It's my hard-earned money.

Why should I give some of that to people who are literally doing the bare minimum work needed to keep their shitty job.

"because they don't get paid enough" ?

Maybe there is a reason for that...

If its good service and I am actually talked to like a human, food is good, drinks are fast and often I will tip. If its shitty service I leave the most convenient amount, so say its $14.53 I'll leave $15. I went off on this libtard chick who tried saying that waiters and such need tips to live, if its that bad they can find a different job. I refuse to pay people above the market value for their services is they don't provide a job above market value.

Yeah I tip. If I didn't tip you well it's because you did a shitty job and didn't deserve a good tip. And you deserve to get your nose broken for thinking anyone would be stupid enough to make tipping legally mandatory.

Why is this thread reposted so much?

>find a different job