Is there a comfier food than stuffed cabbage rolls? I honestly can't think of one. Also...

Is there a comfier food than stuffed cabbage rolls? I honestly can't think of one. Also, please don't sperg at the file name. I know they are called different things depending on where they're from.

Other urls found in this thread:

desuarchive.org/int/thread/61519569/#q61527690
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Looks like the shit diet food my mom used to push me into when I was a kid. That in your pic is a seriously children traumatizer.

Really? I love these. I was really skinny like a crackhead when I was a kid, though, no matter what I ate. So I never had diet food pushed on me. Now that I'm an adult I'm kinda fat...

I was also skinny as a kid, my mom was just obsessed with her body and made me drink and eat all kinds of fit shakes and food available.

yes, hamburgers, no meme

Are burgers popular in Indonesia, or is this an exotic forbidden fruit from the west that you had to discover for yourself someplace?

This was a pretty good answer, memes aside. Burgers are comfy.

Burgers are very comfy. A lot of nice pubs will serve a cracking burger with pulled pork on it, along with a top quality beer on the side. Premium comfort, if you ask me

Comfort food = carbs + fat

I fucking love cabbage rolls

Cabbage casserole too

Cabbage is something kids never like here, but grow to appreciate when they grow up, so that doesn't look very comfy or anything like what I'd call comfort food.

But if that's what you want, Portuguese Migas are the ultimate (mostly) healthy comfort food of the sort to me:

minced kale, corn bread and black eyed beans with tons of olive oil and garlic, served in such a way that the breadcrumbs soak up the garlic-y olive oil and sponge it out in your mouth. Served warm.

its Greek
fuck slavs

I find beans in general to be comfy as fuck so this looks/sounds pretty good. Would gladly try/10.

>meat with rice and tomato sauce is a children traumatizer
interesting
what kind of stuff do brazilian kids eat?

I agree, they are the best.

I've had better burgers in the UK than here, desu.

The beans are mostly for consistency and mass. Garlic and olive oil for that Mediterranean flavour, bread as a deliverer of said flavour, and the minced kale gives it a slightly sweet and jumbles it all together.

It's the typical "kids hate this until they try this" meal, mostly because it doesn't taste much of cabbage as you'd expect (cabbage is our version of your cartoon broccoli as the yucky thing).

My grandma's look just like this and my mouth is watering.

I should give her a call.

Thanks for blogging.

>be Slav
>put rice in Golabki instead of barley
you fail the slav test pooland

Beef, rice and beans are the staple here
It's the cabbage thats disgusting.

Which cunt(s) uses barley? I haven't had or heard of that variety.

my family is second generation Polish and we've always used barley

are you ugly?

why that question?

polaks r usually ugly

I don't eat a lot of barley. No real reason for that, it's just not something I often think about. That sounds pretty good though.

I am triggered. That's disgusting

turk

>cabbage rolls
>not glorious grapevine leaves

You can start a brawl in a pub with this discussion.

grapevine leaves are hard ans stringy, cabbage is better for this type of dish

What the Fuck is barely lad
Tomato sauce?

When cooked properly, grapevine leaves sarma melts in your mouth.

You are Turk

He's a Turk who pretends to be Greek because he was rejected by his kin on Sup Forums. He's sad, ugly and inbred and derails threads with his bullshit spamming

Here is his story

desuarchive.org/int/thread/61519569/#q61527690

Mother and father are village people.
Mother was never allowed schooling or any kind of education, was later sold as a nanny under the guise of marriage and suffered my grandmother from my father's side.
It is really a cliche, I shit you not.
She became pregnant with me and I learned later she tried to kill herself with me.
Never wanted me, used me to vent her frustration at how unfair life is.
Threatened and punished me for no reason and made me feel worthless.
Nowadays she is like "I didn't do anything like that :^) it was your own fault for being like that:^)
Why can't you be like these healthily raised children :^) why you got no gf :^) you see me so much in other women that you gave up at any normal relationship :^) Something happened by our own fault?
Your fault, should have told us what we did wrong while you were not there to warn us :^)
Like we would ever listen to a child, kek!"

That said, I left and now she harps on my younger brother's.
That's life

>23
>laz
>short
>fat
>ugly
>dumb
>unemployed

>clean your room they said
I never did
>go get some bread they said
I said I don't want to
>get off the pc they said
I got off 15 hours later
>get a new haircut they said
I cut it myself
>go out and hang out with girls they said
I fuck my hand
>you're worthless
I cry
>shave your face
I shave my ass
>leave the house, go out
I go to toilet
>even kids speak better turkish than you do
>I'm gonna get rid of you soon
>you ate everything in the refrigerator again?
>I was working at your age
>He's your son, you tell him
>What should I say? He doesn't listen
>I don't want to see you like this
>your manboobs are bigger than mine

If allah exists, why hasn't he taken my life yet?

Slavs are a failed imitation of the Poles. Not the other way around.

We use pickled grapevine leaves they are soft for that.
Cabbage version is better anyway.

Grapevine leaves >>>>>>>>>>> cabbage
Not if you get them from patrician grape fields

barley, does "kasha" ring a bell?

This is how we call them, and no, there hardly is any comfier food :3

>my family is second generation Polish and we've always used barley
fucking heretics. No wonder they ended up in America.

gołąbki with mushroom sauce are best gołąbki

>instead of barley
what the fuck am I reading

barley is kasza, learn more english

grape leaf >>>>>>>> cabbage

You mean kasza gryczana? How quaint.
I sometimes eat it with a mushroom sauce or in pierogi, but I've never heard of putting kasza into gołąbki. It doesn't sound bad though, would try.
What region of Poopland is your family from?

the Tatras

Barley is jęczmień, like in barley wine, and kasza is groats, not necessarily barley oats. I'd say buckwheat is more commonly used than barley.
so you be sayin you wuz Góral an shiet

fug
>not necessarily barley oats.
*not necessarily barley groats

WE WUZ indeed

yeah, and here you can buy stuff called barley, which in Polish stores is labeled as "kasza jeczmienna"

>jęczmienna
See, should've specified that at the beginning, jęczmienna and gryczana are completely different.
I don't get why this stuff isn't more popular outside of Eastern Europe, it's healthy, cheap, and tastes good.

OP here. I fucking love these, too. Cabbage and grape leaf versions are very different in character but both delicious.

dirt