Sword in the Stone Blu-ray Remaster Filter

Why is this allowed?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=RN9UlP_SRN8
youtube.com/watch?v=IWiRPAb8KNw
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Fucking hell that's terrible. Is that seriously legit?

it hurts my eyes

Looks like those shitty filters they put on emulators.

What the fuck did they do

It's how Disney is remastering all their films

Eugh, wtf man!

Garrett Gilchrist did one hell of a touch-up job.
Thumbs up!

JUST PHOTOSHOP FILTER MY FILM UP

Im guessing they added minorities.

> He didn't download the tvrip of the crisp, unfiltered 1080p print broadcast by russian TV before this clusterfuck came along

Why. Seriously, why. Did they just upscale the DVD version and throw a filter on?

They also cropped it.

Isn't this "news" like 4 years old?

I saw the Sleeping Beauty one and it looked nice, don't know about the other releases but I just can't understand how can they release something like this

Because unlike the narrative spun by Sup Forums's top tier kino collector extraordinaires, blu-rays are mostly bought by stupid plebs with either big paychecks or just bad financial budgeting. The majority of people buying disney blu-rays aren't artform purists, but soccer moms who got a great deal on a big ass flat screen tv with 3 little shits she wants to be able to throw something on to keep quiet for a couple hours. It was mere coincidence that she picked up Sword in the Stone instead of Cars 2, fuck it if its got the Disney logo on it its for kids lets get the fuck out of here so I can start dinner and drink wine until I forget that my marriage is loveless

Sleeping Beauty got a beautiful, crazy 2.55:1 print, thankfully. It's mostly with the movies that come after that one, with the grainier colors and xerox-based lineart. Thankfully 101 Dalmatians escaped because it was one of the first releases (they cleaned it a little but there's still grain and it's uncropped).

OP's is the worst one, but Robin Hood is nearly as bad, and Jungle Book, though not too bad, was still cropped.

Thanks for this knowledge

It is pretty fucking hilarious that Diseny fails so hard at Blu-Ray remasters while small Japanese companies can dish out better remasters.

This is shitty bait. it looks fine in motion.

>just smooth my shit up

Didn't Bambi add in a few new scenes or some shit? I'm not sure what would be worse.

youtube.com/watch?v=RN9UlP_SRN8

It looks like shit in motion too bud.

I used to have that version around I think, shame it's got a Disney Channel watermark; there's also a webrip that gets the job done (pic related, compare with )

I can't even tell the difference.

You just posted proof that it looks fine.

youtube.com/watch?v=IWiRPAb8KNw

there's NO WAY this is real.

even if the original negatives were tragically lost, there must be an easy to track copy where that particular scene looks x1000 better than that bullshit screen.

Nice job keeping the original colors Disney

Wuts da matta? CIA got you pushing too many filters?

Characters, and especially their faces, look worse I feel.

Besides that kind of crap, my problem with Disney bluray restorations of older movies is that they mess with the original colors a lot. Those were given so much thought by past Disney artists and animators.

"BUT THE FILMS ARE CLEARER DON'T YOU SEE THAT!!!"