He follows a crappy team

>he follows a crappy team
Why? The point of sports is to have fun. If you're a fan of a team that doesn't win, why not just switch teams? Staying to be "loyal" is as stupid as being loyal to that one bitch in high school who dumped you for that other guy. Sure, she may come back, and if she does you can rub it in people's face, but let's be real here. She's not coming back and your team may never win the owl/chip/cup/etc.

>why not just switch teams?
ok guys troll thread, nothing to see here

10/10 bait

Because when they finally win it is an amazing feeling.

stop replying to animeposters you idiots

they are all trolls

This

Feels like edging forever and then finally getting to cum. Plus, you can't really decide who you're a fan of

But what if they never win? Wouldn't you rather be a fan of the Steelers than the Browns? If you are a fan of that organization and are unhappy with their record right now, you have no one to blame but yourself.

You don't "decide" to be a fan of any team, you just are

>You don't "decide" to be a fan of any team, you just are

How can you choose what you like?

Explain it

Happiness is relative to expectations. A Browns fan is happier about a single win than a bandwagon fan is about a championship.

Sports fandom is one of those complex, intense forms of brand loyalty.

In college sports, it's more understandable for those who went to the school they pull for, win or lose. Maybe you've had a run-in with a starter (l have crossed my school's starting QB at the dining hall and seen a basketball starter pulled over on his motor scooter by university police). Maybe you know them personally (I share a class with one of our women's soccer players). Having gone to the school establishes a deep connection. Whether your school's teams are any good or not, there's some sense of owing loyalty to the school.

Pro teams are another beast entirely. It's nice if you pick a team and stick with them. You're not as tightly bound to do so. They owe you nothing more than what you pay them for. If they're not entertaining for you, you're free to follow someone else who is. You have next to no chance to come across any starter for your favorite pro team. You'll never have class with them or see them at a chance encounter at lunch. You probably never went to the same school as them. The connection isn't as personal, even for people who say they live and breathe [insert team here].

If I switched to a team when they won it all I would feel absolutely nothing.
That's the thing about being loyal to a bad team. My heart gets constantly broken, but if they ever win it all it's gonna be one of the greatest days of my entire life. I might even cry.

By seeing what team you like and picking that.

Not every city has a major sports team, you know, a lot of people have to pick a team

You only suffer as long as you want. Looking at Cleveland fans, Cubs fans, Arizona Cardinals fans (the new long sufferers) and their ilk of those who long for "the day" when the last time "the day" happened was before they were born.

Yeah...and like I said, you can't choose what team you like, you just like whatever team you like. Most people identify with and root for their local teams, you can't just decide to stop caring about something when you're already emotionally invested

You can easily do that if your team is a disappointment.

Most people can't actually. You don't just magically want another team to win because yours isn't. What kind of sense does that make?

I'm a Vikings fan, and I get more depressed with each loss specifically BECAUSE they've never won anything.

People choose teams all the time.

Not everyone takes sports as seriously as Sup Forums autists do

Damn that was elegant. Good post.

I would bet that there are more cubs fans who never saw a championship than there are who have. I don't want to die without ever seeing a championship.

And they choose the team that they like which they can't change

You were never a fan of the original team anyways if you just ditch them

>You were never a fan of the original team anyways if you just ditch them

It's true

>being this butthurt at the truth

If you get a divorce, you were never married to begin with.

Pretty much, yeah

please don't attach best girl to your shitty post, OP

Underrated post.

It can be really bad in major sports. Look at the Premier League or Serie A, you have teams full of players that aren't even from the same country that the league is in.

Hell, you even have a few cases in national teams where a player didn't live in his home country most of his life, and is only in because his other national team was never going to call him up (Nestor Ortigoza being a perfect example of this - he's argentine, lived in argentina most of his life, but plays in Paraguay due to muh dual nationality)

Please don't attach your shitty opinion to best girl, user.

>shes not coming back
user PLS

that's all fine and dandy if your team moves or something I guess but you're not a real fan if you change your allegiance willy-nilly. You're just a disloyal piece of shit looking for the most successful tea to fellate

yep

>You're just a sports fan looking to have a good time watching the game
FTFY

>Losing team
>Analysis of team's losing streak
>Head Coach: 'We need to try harder'
>Team Captain: 'We're committed to this team'
>Disgruntled Player: 'I'm done here'
>Trade Rumors: Is Disgruntled Player on his way out?
>Team Owner: Head Coach 'has my full support'
>Hot Seat Rumors: Is Head Coach's job on the line?

>Winning team
>How do they keep winning?

A losing team, heartache and all, is honestly more fun to root for.

>A losing team, heartache and all, is honestly more fun to root for.

This honestly. I love drama and tension in sports. I want my team to play well and dominate if they can, but struggles are fun and interesting too

What about teams that have obvious glaring problems for 4+ years and the Owner/GM/Head coach won't do anything about it? Should they be continued to be supported when they seemingly refuse to make genuine inprovements to their team?

improvements*

>A losing team, heartache and all, is honestly more fun to root for.

You, along with this guy, are the absolute essence of what a cuckold truly is.

You're a fucking moron

>jumping from big dick to bigger dick makes me a man

Okay pussy faggot lol

>guys its more fun to lose and go through heartache, I swear!

Yup, you're a cuck

>Okay pussy faggot lol

You're overcompensating now, cuck.

>not able to handle or process failure
>projecting your own cuckoldry

Yep, you're a faggot. Try harder bitch

>y-yo-youre projecting

lol

>Okay pussy faggot
>Yep, you're a faggot. Try harder bitch

Strong words from a man with such a weak mentality. U mad?

>has to abandon ship the second things go bad
>calls me weak mentally

Just admit you have the same mentality towards sports that a woman does. You've met women right? They're all fair weather bandwagoners like yourself. Most people are aware of this, not sure why this makes you mad

And by the way, I already said I want my team to dominate and when they do I enjoy it, but I like all the ups and downs of sport's fandom. It makes winning that much sweeter

>>has to abandon ship the second things go bad
>>calls me weak mentally

When did I ever say that? I don't even have a favorite team, I'm not a fucking child.

>im going to fully support this corporate entity over that other one!

I love sports, but I'm no fucking fanboi either. I? like good matchups, and those are the ones I watch

Speaking of women, you seem like the type who would take back your gf a couple days after you caught her getting plowed by some dude she met at a bar. I mean, you would just abandon ship, right?

All signs point to cuckoldry, friend

look at cusb fans

So why are you talking about sports fandom when you know nothing about it?

And nope, I would just leave. I don't really like relationships anyways. You've probably never had a relationship either though lol

Have a [You], buddy.

Think of your team as your favorite show.

I don't know what kind of shows you like, but I'm pretty sure you don't choose which ones you like.

Every season in the sport is like a season in the show. There's drama of its own kind, there's character development, there's the chance of seeing a live show, if you aren't a NEET autistic.

I was an edgy teenager and thought sports was for ignoramus, and I was fucking wrong. Sports is the most natural thing in the world. It's how civilized people express our tribalism.

And that shit is emotional if it's done right. You can't choose that.

>So why are you talking about sports fandom when you know nothing about it?

I was a fan of a particular team, but then I grew up.

>And nope, I would just leave.

Feel free to do so. Maybe the forums at blacked.com would be more your speed?

>I don't really like relationships anyways

Wizard detected lol

Nice argument, buddy

>Wizard detected

Lol, k. Get some pussy kid, maybe you won't be so angry and obsessed with cuckoldry. Seriously, sex isn't a big deal

The point of being a fan isn't winning, it's helping your team win. Nobody gives a shit if the team was winning before you started following them. In fact, that makes you a front-running shitter. But you give your team hope, you give them someone to play for, and that's what turns franchises around. Deep down that's every player's dream, and that's every fan's dream too.

this, just ask all the lifelong leicester fans on here

>lifelong leicester fans
That's like, one guy

Hawaii does not have professional sports teams. When I went to Seattle university in 1992 I adopted all the pro teams in Seattle, at the time our school was in the NAIA so our bball players were just in it for the fat white pussy, I think our girls tennis team practiced right outside the cafeteria, probably some of the alumni intramural teams could have beaten the proper teams in their sport.

That was before the money, now they play div1 bball in the Key, they also went SJW by changing their name from the chieftains (which was fucking awesome) to the RedHawks? I've never even seen a fucking red bird in Washington save a couple cardinals.

Times were simpler back then...

Anyway that's how you may become a fan of your certain team. At least I'm not rooting for some college I never went to or a city traitor just to be a contraian.

>Terrible, absolutely terrible post
>Anime reaction image
Every. Single. Time.

If you're father didn't pound the fact that your state is your team and anyone who rapes your rival's throat is your team you had a bad father.

that image hurts my brain

Reminder that if you do not support the local team or even worse you claim to despise the local team or support their rival, no one takes your sports fandom seriously and laugh at you behind your back with their mates

>i support my local team and another team in the same league

Official Westworld Character Power Rankings

1. MIB
2. Ford
3. Will
4. Snake chick
5. Bernard

Power Gap

9001. Dumb and Dumber Butchers
900000000001. Maeve