Reports confirm that the Suicide Squad reshoots were what ruined it

Summary
> David Ayer directs his dark take on the suicide squad
>BvS releases , gets lambasted because of its dark and sombre tone
>WB upper brass panics. Tell Ayer they need to Suicide Squad more fun with reddit pop music and marvel quips
> They do extensive rehoots and editing

io9.gizmodo.com/report-warner-bros-turned-suicide-squad-into-a-mess-i-1784760580

>Snyder makes BvS
>Wb freaks out at the R rated movie that he made that is 3 and a half hours long
>forces changes
>it's shit
>WB freaks out at the reaction
>forces reshoots and changes on Suicide Squad
>It's shit

I'll wait for the Ayer cut of Suicide squad, because BvS theatrical is shit but ultimate is great

>Actually have a good film
>Fuck it up

me too can't wait for the DAMAGED edition blu-ray combo pack

>posting a article with literally zero source as facts

There's a pony in at the bottom, please delete this thread

Hopefully when they make the R-rated CIA movie, they'll see how real kino is really made.

>inb4 they ruin that too by cutting it down to be PG-13 and adding meme quips

>inb4 margot robbie boobs edition

They need to stop meddling with this shit.

STOP FUCKING THIS SHIT UP DC EXECUTIVES

>le ebil hollywood exec suits who won't let le genius filmmakers work freely

nice scapegoat

ironically this is what happened to some of the worst Marvel films, Hulk and Iron Man 2 were ruined by execs

>teletubbies and my little pony
That's the point of the image, dipshit. It went from originally being dark but potentially good (trailer 1) through a series of corporate decisions until you get worthless garbage for children (trailer 4).
There, I just spoonfed you the obvious

I thought the first trailer were pitch perfect

>confirm
>no source whatsoever

Pony's are not allowed outside of /mlp/. Enjoy your ban OP.

What if the plane scene was actually the opening of another movie but Nolan messed up and he put it on TDKR?

These evan webms are getting too good

I shot a film that started DC Cucks Cryinggggggggg

But i didn't see that the joke was on me

I started to cry which started Marveldrones laughing

Goddammit... that was actually funny.

That would be extremely painful.

daily reminder that autistic barnyfag bashers are an even greater cancer than the horsefuckers

Whoever does them is twice the hero for not tripfagging while he does it. Almost like the good old days.

If you're reading this, Evans-bro, we salute you.

This meme is too much

>I'll wait for the Ayer cut of Suicide squad, because BvS theatrical is shit but ultimate is great

Please stop with this troll post. I know you think its funny to post the same lie every day for months, but we've all seen it by now and we all know you're just a long-con troll.

BvS ultimate edition is not magically better. It fucking sucks Youre a fucking dick. Die in a fire.

We already have one quipping franchise, what's wrong in other being dark and broody?

Are warner bros run by retards? How can they keep fucking up their movies again and again

They should have just trusted their directors. Eventually something good would have come out.

Im starting to not want to see this in theaters t b h

You saw BvS right?

>bvs sucks
>Corporate meddling
>Suicide squad sucks
>CORPORATE MEDDLING
>Wonder Woman underperforms
>MORE CORPORATE MEDDLING!

This is clearly a studio in death throes.

Fucking this. Adding 30 more minutes of trash to an already steaming pile of shit doesn't automatically redeem a movie.

so Snyder fucked up 100% of the DCEU movies and he doesn't even have to be involved to do so? True genius

Whoever makes these is on another fucking level. This is demigod-tier memeage right there.

You're objectively incorrect.

Yes and I enjoyed it greatly. The ultimate cut at least.

>stop liking what i don't like
hi /reddit/

>BvS is abysmal because it's not like Marvel
>Suicide Squad is abysmal because they tried to make it like Marvel

Poor DC

They don't seem to truly trust the directors

i have no hope anymore

I agree. While it is better it doesn't make the movie good, it's still a bad movie. It's just slightly better then the theoretical release.

>he doesn't even have to be involved to do so?
he was involved in SS what are you talking about?

Every now and then Bane posting gets me a laugh.

Who keeps editing DC's movies...

>BvS will totally crush Cap 3 guys! They didn't blink when they moved the release date!
>flops
>Suicide Squad is DC's answer to the Guardians of the Galaxy! And it's going to redeem BvS's garbage!
>flops

Hey, at least Wonder Woman is guaranteed to get good reviews. These days if you criticize or hate a movie with female leads/heroines you're a sexist bigot.

Old people who spend too much time looking at graphs for what's trending on twitter.

I thought they were aiming for the Deadpool audience?

marvel's undercover editors

>Hey, at least Wonder Woman is guaranteed to get good reviews. These days if you criticize or hate a movie with female leads/heroines you're a sexist bigot.

Oh god, if wonder woman is so bad that even critics give it bad reviews it's going to be such a hilarious day. Just imagine that. Oh fuck.

No, there are plenty of movies that I hate that other people genuinely like that irritate me, but I don't think they're lying. Like Batman Begins for instance.

But Its factually impossible for anyone to like BvS.

Unless maybe they were a chained prisoner for 10 years and this was their first source of entertainment. But even then, their opinion would be invalidated due to circumstances.

This. movie. is. trash. and they can re-edit it 100 times and it will still be trash.

MARTHA.

Capekino posters are just shitty baiters. Ignore them and move on.

The people behind the meme trailer edited the movie under studio orders

fucking chris evans

So it was like TDK and they edited it to be like Deadpool basically?

Goddamn it

It would have to be Sharknado-tier bad for that to happen. Look how highly they rated Jessica Jones and Supergirl.

You saw Dark Knight, right?

This here.
Its a trend had to do it , that researchers and social trend hunter look not further than twitter and gets something like a twitter boubble of reality or perception.
They take twitter and the twitter trends as a good representation.

>Boring, grimdark movie
>Quippy, joke in the trailer movie

both of those sound like shit, pick your poison

Studio execs don't have the best memories. BvS happened after deadpool, so that means fucking panic, shit the bed, and force reshoots on the next movie to make it less like the disaster you last flick was.

Disney

The ones liking deadpool wants deadpool.
And not his character split between Deadshot and Harley.

>BvS
>flop
pick one

This will have ripple effects if it fails financially. Obviously we don't know for sure if it was Ayer who fucked up or WB. Could be that both sides fucked up. We won't know for a while. Ayer and the cast need to promote the movie. WB will obviously deny that it was a problematic production.

But the ripple effects. There were rumors that if Suicide Squad is a success, WB would consider hiring David Ayer to oversee Justice League, replacing Snyder. BVS underperformed but they stuck with Snyder, partially because of time restraints. They knew the movie was going into production soon, Snyder had done the prep, they took the risk and went with him again. If it doesn't work out, then hey, let's throw it to Ayer because Suicide Squad is getting good buzz? Well looks like that plan won't work anymore. Of course the critical reception won't matter much if audiences just go see Suicide Squad. But if they don't, I think people are gonna get fired at WB.

They obviously won't cancel Justice League part 1, it's shooting now, they've spend millions and will spend millions on it, they're just hoping it will work. Same thing with Wonder Woman, I bet they're praying that the film will make them enough money. Because if not, they're just looking at strings of movies that did bad critically and didn't do the monster box office numbers they were hoping for. Kevin Tsujihara will potentially get fired. They won't hire Ayer and Snyder again. Or Patty Jenkins if WW fails. Then comes the question? Will they try to reboot again? Will they do a soft reboot? Keep the actors and bring new creative people in?

The Ben Affleck Batman film will become a number one priority if SS, JL1 and WW bomb. Can he save the DC cinematic universe?

TOP KEK

Executives changing another movie based on the response to BvS makes it at least a creative and critical failure.

It's your fault guys, you were the ones complaining about how dark and gritty DC movies are, and they listened to you. Are you happy?

And some reviewers of the test and the review version confirmed the BvS version suited better SS than the Deadpool approach

>What was the latest succesfull capemovie?
>Deadpool did a good performance
>Oh, he is a vigilante too, öets change SS into Deadpool for muh profit

I wasnt complaining, I prefer the dark tone most of the time. I thought Deadpool was s stupid mess

I'm happy that DCucks are so weak and stupid that they can't even convince studio executives (who only care about test audiences) to make the movie they want.

Batfleck was one of the few things in BvS that people liked so his movie will probably do moderately well. Affleck has name recognition and will probably become the RDJ of DCEU, demanding bigger and bigger paychecks because he's the main breadwinner.

Look as long as dumb sluts dress up like XD Daddy Issues for halloween, this movie is a success.

I believe user. It will happen, meme magic says so.

I like dark and gritty if it's done right. Nolan did it right. I also like bright, quip-filled acts like GoTG and Ant Man if it's done right. SS did nothing right.

>Oh shit, people really fucking love the new trailer we put out
>but it's tonally different from the movie
>Do you think they'll be mad when they watch it and it's not Guardians of the Galaxy: Simba's Pride?
>What part of the trailer did they like? The jokes? The song?
>The editing actually

this is what happens when the head of your film studio has never produced a movie in his life and got the job because he's good at marketing.

Here's the difference.

Iron Man 1 is better than Man of Steel.

Point blank full stop.

Because Iron Man was good, Marvel was smart and parlayed that gained goodwill into a shared universe. They let the subsequent movies grow under their own power, confident that the general populace would like the source material because they liked Iron Man, and even if the movies weren't good, they were at least not terrible enough to bring the whole thing crashing down, because they were still mostly original stories told confidently by competent filmmakers.

Man of Steel was bad.
So every subsequent entry into that universe was and will be an attempt to "improve" it. But since there's no one answer to what that entails, every movie from now on will be a tonedeaf structurally broken mess, because there's zero confidence in the material, which will cause reshoots and recuts and reshoots and recuts, as they attempt to overcorrect each film's perceived "problems" and overthink the solutions.

Also, Warner Bros is desparately hoping, falsely, that since these are super hero movies, that we'll just take it as de-facto that they take place in a shared universe and will care about that universe by default.
Everyone forgets that Marvel wasn't even committed to the shared universe idea and was willing to drop it at the first sign of real trouble, right up until Avengers. Part of what made Avengers so successful in the first place was the fact that it happened at all. They didn't double down on the shared universe stuff until long AFTER the first Avengers. You can't just throw Batman and Superman in the same movie and expect people to care based on that alone. You really do have to build that shit up first.

Isn't that dangerous for the kid?

I wonder how much the parents they got paid for that to not sue in case something goes wrong.

>that filename

Source on the webm?

bets this is the end of dc??

Its from Batman V superman

No, not now. Maybe after Justice League is a failure

Nothing can save it. Cinematic universes are a mistake.

>directed by Jon Landis

Fuck me that filename, you fuckers on Sup Forums really know how to make a guy laugh.

Dangerous how?

Aquaman or Cyborg will do that. Then they will go back to just Batman movies

I don't get it pls explain

Nah.

We'll get right up to Justice League. Maybe even a bit after.

That's the REAL trial by fire.
This and Wonder Woman and whatever else there is between now and Justice League is already money in the bank. Even if they are terrible and underperform horribly, they'll still make enough back on merchandise and brand deals to choke a horse. The real game here isn't money, it's audience interest, and there won't be any real way to judge that until Justice League.

If THAT fails, then yeah, barring some posthumous gasps, they're done.

you realize the falling wall is cgi, right?

This pic becomes relevant every few months

wait nevermind it clicked after I hit post hahahahahahahahha o u silly anons

>Iron Man was good
w e w l a d
I mostly agree though. MCU succeeded because they eased into it slowly and didn't force anything.

It's dangerous for americucks.

A 6'+ man running towards a little girl isn't dangerous?
What Affleck tripped? The little girl could have been injured.

It's a doll.
What the fuck is wrong with you people...

The little girl is not a toddler. She looks 13