What's your pleb filter?

What's your pleb filter?

Sup Forums

Anybody unable to sit through the 5 hour cut of Das Boot is a fucking retard as far as I'm concerned

Only god forgives

Funny games

Anyone who likes The Big Lebowski

Synechdoche, NY

if they pretend they like it, I know they're a pleb

wtf these are good movies

Pleb detected

Inception and Pulp Fiction

although I like both movies, once I hear someone mention how those two are the best movies ever made, I just know that that person has never watched other good movies

Mad Men and Death Proof.

I bet you watch sports movies fatass

Anyone beyond the age of 19 who even mentions Tarantino I would say.

Fuck off cassidy

pretty much, yeah. that still doesn't hinder me from watching kill bill everytime it's on TV

Hi pleb!

I have two: Punch-Drunk Love and Buffalo 66'.

Ask them whether they prefer Terminator 1 or 2. Works every time.

I hate this board

>Pulp Fiction isnt a very well made movie
It may not be the best of all times but you just pleb filtered yourself m9.

Actually I misunderstood the meme concept of "pleb filter".

so what would your verdict be?

I like T2 more for example. I gotta say though that T1 and T2 feel like way different movies in my eyes. While T1 is way creepier, T2 actually captures me storywise. Basically like Alien and Aliens (I prefer Alien though)

Aguirre: the wrath of god

wait, not the guy but what the fuck does pleb filter mean? I was assuming it meant that it's EITHER someone liking a shitty movie or someone praising an okayish to good movie to heaven, ergo exaggerating

Everyone in this thread means a movie only plebs like.

>T2 actually captures me storywise
Pleb detected. Told you, it works every time.

do explain

People who say "plep"

no you fucking dipshit, a pleb filter is a test to see if your a pleb.

Good movie - only plebs dislike it
Bad movie - only plebs like it

use your fucking head nignog

Dude have you even SEEN Jackie Brown? I know insufferable people like Kill Bills, Pulp Fiction and movies like Fight Club but come on, Tarantino has done some good shit.

12 Angry Men. Everybody likes it, but if you don't want to watch it, I don't want to spend time with you.

Transformers 2007

Both excellent films. Helped me splain all the rage I had from my teens into my tumultuous twenties

if you didn't like Interstellar, you're a pleb

lol pleb

I've always thought Blade Runner was a great way to tell if someone even has remotely good taste. If they find it boring, I know they're a hopeless philistine.

Movies.

>Tarantino movies, Big Lebowski, Terminator 2
>bad

what the fuck is with this board? It's like it's only filled with contrarians who try to separate themselves from others just to look special. fucking special snowflake wannabe motherfuckers

Inland Empire

Tarantino is fun in a way that he makes stuff that I would've loved when I was a teen.

It's an okay movie but goddamn, did I hate Harrison Ford. I hate him in every role he's in. That smug cunt

>inb4 Han Solo and Indiana Jones fags

I just ask what their favorite classic B&W movies are. If they say they don't like/watch them, they're a pleb. If they can only think of the most famous ones like Casablanca or Citizen Kate, they're a pleb.

I'm the guy you were talking to.
Inglorious Basterds is his best, Jackie Brown, and then Kill Bill.

what if they say dr. strangelove

Please don't tell me you disliked Inland Empire.

>Love is the one thing we're capable of perceiving...
>that transcends dimensions of time and space.

You pretty much nailed it on the head there.

I actually married a woman who dislikes Blade Runner and won't watch it with me again ever.

But she didn't find it boring, she found it too depressing. It struck her too hard and conveyed emotions that she wouldn't like to experience again, so she's ok in my book.

No i love it, plebs don't

>meme hollywood scifi flick
>if u dont like it ur a philistine *tips fedora*

kys, you probably think solaris and stalker are boring

Great movie, and it's fine if they mention it. However they better be able to think of at least one or two lesser-known gems

Christopher Nolan movies.

Only God Forgives

The Tree of Life

I felt the same way when I played The Last of Us.

The ultimate Pleb filter when it comes to Television

Frequently used pleb lines include:
>It's so boring, nothing ever happens
>I couldn't get into it
>It's just a soap opera
>Don is so alpha and awesome

I bet it was that tears in the rain scene that did her in. That shit hits home way too hard.

what about 8.5

pls no bully

I said "remotely good taste." It's entry level, obviously, that's the point.

>muh Hollywood is pleb meme
>only Europoor movies are true cinema
But I'm the fedora-tipper? The irony

Mulholland Drive

Blade Runner was revolutionary in its visuals and art direction, but the plot and pacing really is nothing special

never watched it but I'd definitely say Game of Thrones and Breaking Bad

Not that user but my assumption is that it's a trick question. If your answer is anything but a variation of "I don't care for Terminator movies" you're a pleb in his books.

>tfw Smallville is my favourite TV show

like I said. this board is filled with contrarians

rather tiresome when one is trying to properly discuss movies and shows

It's quite the opposite, my friend.

also an obvious choice, in fact anything that hipster film students jack off over is an automatic fail

this. don't even talk to me or my wife's son ever again unless you can sit through the 5 hour long workprint cut of Apocalypse Now

But plebs love both of those

that's what I was saying

Ask them what their favourite Coen brothers film is, and if the answer is Lebowski or No Country? Confirmed pleb.

>I couldn't get into it
watched 2 episodes long ago
i remember that literally nothing happened that had any potential of grasping my attention
no good dialogs, no unexpected happening, no interesting possibility for conflict
nothing of value
I know that it might have slow start, but I still did not bother to redownload

its so plebian to hate something because its popular or some group of people that you dislike likes it

You have to wait for Sally to grow up.

twin peaks season 2 all of it

Where did you say that?

people who like only god forgives and drive are both plebs

Never said I hated those shows. Just that plebs love them, which obviously renders them ineffective pleb filters.

thats not the definition of pleb filter

wtf my name is cassidy who is this

Drive is a crime thriller, it's not pretentious to like it, it's the opposite.

Pretending it's anything more is pretentious, and a lot of fans seem to do so.

If they think Nicolas Cage is a bad actor, then I know they are a pleb retard who isn't truly into films

i love blade runner, but i can see why people would say that its boring as fuck

people consider it a masterpiece when its really an autistic wank, with shit characters

Excellent post. I saw a WatchMojo list of the Top 10 worst actors and in the comments were a bunch of children saying.
>whheres nicolas cage? he's the worst actor on the planted!
>i saw the nostolga critic reveiw wicker man. nic cage is SOOOOOOOO bad

what if I say a serious man

because I saw myself in the dad :(

the actual definition of pleb filter is something that filters OUT plebs. such as twin peaks season 2

I can see how people might think there's some sort of post-modern commentary going on, but once you see Refn's other recent work it's clear he's on a style-over-substance rampage and his "quirks," like Goose going beyond stoic into autistic, are pointless.

It's a pretty mediocre neo-noir but I give it credit for that retro-80's style it made cool even into the present. It unfortunately dates the hell out of it and what could be a future cult classic of mediocre filmmaking with style will be forgotten as people will be sick of retro-80's by the time it's old enough for reassessment.

Anyone who haven't seen this film yet

the problem is plebs are suckers for soundtracks.

>the problem is plebs are suckers for soundtracks.
>plebs are suckers for soundtracks.

wait what? I have NEVER ever heard a pleb give a shit about soundtracks. what the fuck are you talking about?

kavinsky is why they like drive i mean

you know fucking EPIC

Again, I think the soundtrack was pretty good for the time. I think Cliff Martinez does a good job. I'm kinda going in circles here so I'll just sum it up that I think Drive is an exciting flick that anyone anywhere on the gradient can enjoy, but if you stop at Drive and go no further or just assume it has meaning without really looking, you're a pretentious faggot.

not the composed soundtrack kavinskys song

No Country for Old Men is the Level 1 pleb filter. True kino, but if you're unable to stay awake and watch it you're the worst kind of pleb there is.

the ultra rare unedited version of leviathan that includes 5 takes of the same scene

I only hear of that "human bean" song whenever someone talks about drive's tunes

talking about soundtracks, how do I even become a patrician when I love every single song that hans zimmer, howard shore and tom holkenborg release?

>wtf this isnt even in color