ITT: Bands in which every member has shit loads of talent

>inb4 le David Bowie xd

No solo act memes

Also pic related is true fight me about it.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=z9ey8dFqM98
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Agreed OP. RIP Keith and Greg.

franz ferdinand

This was AOTY 2015. Sparks and Franz Ferdinand were a match made in heaven.

It helps when you're 10 years older than the competition and have had time to learn the craft.

>ringo
>shitloads of talent

Mmmmmm.....I don't know m8

Ringo was a really good drummer and I even like the songs he wrote, but is he really great?

>Ian Curtis commits suicide
>they are a better musical act because of it

Idk my dude

Nice to see a positive thread about ELP for once.

I'm going to nominate the Bruford-Squire-Anderson-Wakeman-Howe lineup of Yes. As Bruford put it "we saw ourselves as a brains trust". Also, Anderson gets nowhere near enough credit for how much he motivated himself to try and understand music, despite not being a proper instrumentalist.

le David Bowie xd

Agreed, on both comments

Rip Greg and Keith

Also pic related would be my second choice

>Roger Daltrey

Oh come on, his voice is great! Plus he can swing a mic around in a cord better than anyone. Your right that he might not have been the best musician, but he was a fantastic showman, who made their live performances as legendary as they are.

afaik ian didn't write the music only the lyrics and imo barney never matched him in the singing and lyrical department

also their sound was already becoming more electronic on Closer and Love Will Tear Us Apart

Cream obviously

Fucking Ginger Baker's drum solos

youtube.com/watch?v=z9ey8dFqM98

The original Pere Ubu lineup was unbeatable.

I know Clapton and Baker are great at their instruments but from a bassist's point of view does Jack Bruce really have "shitloads of talent"?

I think Bruce is rated as a top ten bassist in a few lists, but I guess it depends whether you take those types of lists seriously

Medeski Martin & Wood

>Robert Plant

He isn't a "bad" singer by any means, he fits them well, but he's certainly not on the level of the other 3 (particularly John Paul Jones, who is also a multi instrumentalist)

That's fair but keep in mind how much he was involved in songwriting. It was pretty much him and Jimmy that did most of the songwriting with some contributions here and there from JPJ. Until In Through the Out Door which was mostly Plant and Jones.

This is objective truth.

this so much

one of the great rhythm sections of any rock band

debatable.

Plant is pretty shit singer as already mentioned here JPJ is the most talented, but Led Zeppelin NEVER fully utilized him for some reason and he ended up taking on the role of glue-guy rather than headliner.

Boneham was good at drums, but he literally just played the drums. Not much talent needed there for that one particular instrument.

And of course Page is a fucking god... at songwriting and mixing and engineering his own sounds and tones. He was a fucking sloppy guitarist in terms of technical ability.

All of them are highly overrated