Why the fuck do Americans pronounce this as "reese-e's" when it's clearly pronounced "reese-is" as in the plural form...

Why the fuck do Americans pronounce this as "reese-e's" when it's clearly pronounced "reese-is" as in the plural form for Reese.

Explain to me Amerifags.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=3Y-QcSwxwrw
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

We don't. Who the fuck you been talkin to?

>not an amerifag
I think the 'e' in Reese is silent. Therefore you say 'Rees-es' to refer to it in plural

I've never heard anyone pronounce it wrong, but you made me curious so I did a google.

I guess you're right, plenty of Americans pronounce it Rees-ees which is fucking retarded.
Idiots.

... or not. Fuck

By the way, I'm an English dude living in Canada.
And yeah, Canadians pronounce it properly for sure. I thought Americans did too, but it seems some don't.

Almost every American i've watched on youtube has called them Reese-ees. Also, my relatives that live in the states call them that too.

OP here, same.

1.2 mil people in my city. Only a few small children I've met pronounce it wrong.

Not in the mid-west

Is not plural, it's possessive. And it should be pronounced so it rhymes with "Pieces"

Remember how good Malcolm in the Middle was?

My favourite character was Reesee.

Amerifat here, i pronounce it Reese-is just as its spelled

everyone else in this country is fucking retarded

I loved Reesee's silly antics.

The plural and the possessive should be pronounced exactly the same way, so it makes no real difference. But you're right, it obviously should rhyme with "pieces", that's the whole gimmick.

At least we can all agree that Reesees is just stupid.

Reesee was a cunt.
Francise was the real best character.

For me it was Deweyee. Hilarious little kid.

Do you feel glad people are with you, OP?

Congratulations on your successful thread.

Sounds better

Yeah surely if a bunch of fags making homemade videos pronounce it one way, it must be indicative of how an entire country says it. That's perfectly logical.

I think once you hear about 15 different people call them "Reesee's" you can make a fair assumption that the general population calls them that.

youtube.com/watch?v=3Y-QcSwxwrw

Half of the Ameritards in this video can barely even read the packaging.

no one pronounces it like that except retards kys

>15 different people say it this way
>therefore it's logical to assume 300 million people all say it that way

You're a fucking idiot you know that?

It's called extrapolation you absolute fucktard. You know exactly what the dude's trying to say, stop being such a pathetic pedant, it's a fair assumption for him to make based upon how many fucking things Americans really do mispronounce.

Airplane? You fucking spastics.

Sounds like feces

Yes, because I'm specifically claiming every single person in the USA is calling them Reesee's. I'm from Canada and have never heard a single person call them Reesee's here. I've heard multiple people call them Reesee's in the states so I'm making an informed assumption that's what people generally call them there.

You're a fucking moron taking every single thing said to it's most literal form trying to make an argument. Literally the epitome of a faggot.

>haha you people are retarded for pronouncing this a certain way
We don't though
>OMG IT'S EXTRAPOLATION YOU DUMBASS

This is you right now. Get as mad as you want, it's still retarded to say an entire country pronounces something a certain way just because 15 random fucks do. Extrapolation doesn't work to that degree, you still need a much larger sample size. Cry more because your absurd arguments got called out for their absolute idiocy. Doesn't make me any less right, or you any less wrong.

It's not 15 random fucks, it's a huge percentage of your population.

Your country is full of morons, deal with it, stop projecting, stop pretending to yourself it's everyone else who's retarded, and get a grip.

>estimating or concluding something by assuming that existing trends will continue
>Extrapolation doesn't work to that degree
>Cry more because your absurd arguments got called out for their absolute idiocy
>Doesn't make me any less right

Either you're just arguing because your autism wont let you pass up this opportunity to try and feel right, or you're just trying to bait.

I literally linked you a video of Americans calling them Reesee's, have heard multiple people call them Reesee's and have family in America that calls them Reesee's. What more fucking evidence do you want?

Anyway, OP, the answer to your question is simply that a shit load of Americans are fucking terrible at using the English language. So much so, in fact, that they just excuse their ineptitude away by calling it American English.

/thread?

A thread made of weak trollbait based on an untrue assumption you make about a huge amount of people, and somehow I'm the autistic one for pointing out that you're shitposting. Again, I have to commend you on your stellar lack of logic.

>I acknowledge i'm a complete retard that doesn't know what an extrapolation is, but i'm going to say you're baiting so I feel better for being so retarded

It's okay user. You can't win em all, maybe next time?

Canadians are still dumber for pronouncing macaroni & cheese as "Kraft Dinner".

Are you guys fucking joking?! Hal carried that show.

How does someone "pronounce" macaroni and cheese "kraft dinner"

But I agree shit's fucking stupid. Everyone I know calls it Kraft Dinner.

Well, to be fair, only if it actually is Kraft Dinner brand shit from a box.

In my experience nobody calls home made mac and cheese Kraft Dinner.

Yeah but the food is mac and cheese not craft dinner.

Well duh. That's the whole point.

It's no different than saying "We're having McDonalds for dinner."

YOU SHUT THE FUCK UP YOU COCK FAGGOT

>food from the Gods

American here. only fucking idiots and the girl I dated in 9th grade say "reeseez"

0:48, that faggot can't even pronounce cups

Great education system they have in America.

Learn how to use the IPA fag.

Learn how to suck my dick so I don't have to fuck your 80 year old mother you basement dwelling 50 year old virgin.