youtube.com/watch?v=g68hQ4zJ3t0
youtube.com/watch?v=15eu7ar5EKM
twitter.com/AnonBabble

>metal
>rock
>best guitar player ever
lmao

Music isn't a sport, you know.

Obviously you haven't listened to either of them.

>ctrl+f no hogan
fuckin hogan

Yes I have, you fucking dunce. I used to think these hacks were God's gift to music when I was a half retarded teenager.

Progressive metal and shred guitar in general is some of the most pleb shit imaginable.

He isn't the most technical, nor is he the fastest, but god damn if there is one guitar players who really knows what music is about then it's this guy.

Point is that shredding is only a fraction of they do. Especially Buckethead is incredibly versatile.

>spend 50,000 hours autistically grinding obscure masturbatory techniques that sound like garbage
>greatest guitar player of all time
When did you grow out of shred, Sup Forums?

Couldn't agree more, man

For the same reasons

Dimebag Darell
Cunts

Jazz is an objectively more technical and difficult to master style of music than any of the genres in this thread.

No it's not. Jazz (in band formation) is just as easy and just as hard to learn as other genres. For every difficult jazz song there is a difficult (other genre) song.

the correct answer is Shawn Lane - youtu.be/GBKnYrwIP0o

Obligatory entry level list
Steve Vai
Joe Satriani
Paul Gilbert

>shred
youtube.com/watch?v=aKQypgRJ9vU

David Gilmour
Mark Knopfler
Jimi Hendrix
Gary Moore
Stevie Ray Vaughn

Jesus Christ what is this boring hipster shit

Best rhythm guitarist out there. And he sings while playing, doesn't get much better than this in the rhythm world

Music.

Wow, so not only does Buckethead play boring, wanky shred guitar, he has entire albums of painfully bland post-rock. You sure showed me!

>SRV
>jimi hendrix

Why did you repeat yourself?

Well pic another album, if you don't like that genre. He has done everything. I'm pretty sure I can't change your mind though, because for some reason people like you get fixated on Jordan in Guitar Hero and dismiss Bucket' without looking further into his catalog.

Stevie ray is some good shit famalam

These threads are pointless. It's still this guy.

If you're gonna compare Hendrix' sound to SRV you are a god damn retard

Other way around.

SRV is a hendrix clone

Chuck all the way

You are retarded. I've listened to more Buckethead than I would ever wish on anyone. I listened to him before Guitar Hero existed. He's a boring, wanky, pretentious pile of dogshit. He pumps out lazy albums like a Chinese sweatshop. He has virtually no memorable or interesting music.

I figured that was the implication bro but dispute it regardless

THIS THIS 1000X THIS

His music has no artistic merit whatsoever, it is music by number albeit to a high level to technical ability.

There's always an elitist dickhead like you in these threads. I bet the only instrument you play is cock.

You have to think it differently. No other musician let's you hear his every thought. He pretty much records everything that comes to his mind unfiltered. It's just a different way of making music.

>makes literal unfiltered shit

So then their criticism was valid?

ITT: THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST

IMO the best. Check out his solo album.

Heh, sax wanking ftl

Not really. It just means that there may be more variation in music quality for different people but to claim that he doesn't make interesting music or has no artistic merit is just wrong.

Boring

Guys guys guys, no one can beat the next God of blues. Unmatched in every aspect of playing the instrument hands down

that's right motherfuckers we are coming soon we will be all-over europe btchs that's what's gonna happen didn't you see it coming this is why muslims have so many kids to over number your gay asses , this is why we don't accepte gay ppl and soon enough there will be no europeone culture
remember
we didn't want this to happen but the us & nato cuased a fucking kos in our countrys

>best guitar player ever
>not Tosin Abasi
Wtf user

God Tier: Hendrix, Blackmore, Page, SRV, Jeff Beck, Eric Clapton, Jerry Garcia, Albert King, Robert Fripp, Eddie Van Halen

you're all so naive thinking there's a better player than justin out there rn

I think this guy should be mentioned in this thread. May not be the best but he should be acknowledged.

The best

Demi-God Tier: Tony Iommi, Steve Hackett, Mark Knopfler, Johnny Marr, Prince, John Meyer...

Pls go away

aguante Pappo manga de putos

please kill yourself, giant underage faggot who can't see an obvious joke

so kek, you made my day.

Being an obvious joke doesn't make it funny

I'm honestly a little shocked that no one has mentioned Rob Marcello yet.

Fucking technical MASTER, that dude. Simply amazing.

NIGGERS WILL DIE!!!

He's one of my favorites.

Truth

Not sure if he's the best ever but he's certainly my favorite alive today

Keiji Haino

I understand that it's mechanically impressive, but how do you bring yourself to listen to music this terrible?

Well, that's it, JP.

This

Jack Rose & John Fahey were pretty good too.

Either pic related or Buckethead.

No Robin Trower?

youtube.com/watch?v=g68hQ4zJ3t0
>likes/dislikes
>+1 million views
Weird so many people enjoy these guys terrible music

this is true, but dont expect people on Sup Forums to listen to jazz, they will only say that every other gerne is same difficult like this guy

The king of shredding

Joe Satriani or Steve vai

>ITT: too much tech, not enough feel

Carlos Santana

>implying it's not

W E W L A D
E
W
L
A
D

He can't sing

Saw him live in amsterdam last year, he's exceptionally good but everything feels the same after half an hour.

Yes, but user doesn't like it, so...

We both know that just because something is popular does NOT make it good.

Especially online man, c'mon. YouTube might be the worst place to gauge validity. I mean, "Friday" has millions of views too.

It's perfect for their genre.

John Frusciante

No user, jazz is super hard because it's freeform and sounds like shit

Justin Beiber's videos have even more. What does that have to do with anything?

>1st of april

Checks out

You're Damn Right!

Step aside plebs best guitarist coming through

Les Paul - so good the named a guitar after him.
Eric Clapton - demigod

>eric claptoan

Kek

i thought ray charles played the piano

Never played guitar, did you.
Idiot

Eric Johnson

Or an outside shout adam dutkiewicz

fuck guitar. All it does these days is crowd the bass's musical space (which we know is the real panty soaker). Lead guitarists dont even have to pay attention to chord changes (or can at least get away with not) - weak shit

youtube.com/watch?v=15eu7ar5EKM

objectively the best live guitar playing to have ever occurred in human history

you meant classic, right ?
faggot pleb

Bass is irrelevant. It's not even audible.

G U T H R I E G O V A N
My man