When was the last time a rock album was this relevant in the mainstream?

When was the last time a rock album was this relevant in the mainstream?

Better than Zayn's shit but that's not saying much.

the only reason it's relevant is because a member of One Direction is marketed as "he's making good music xD" when it's really overproduced generic buttrock garbage.

This. Let's not pretend this is some internet artist breaking out like the Arctic Monkeys did with MySpace. Harry had a little help from his friends

no one was pretending that... harry is a relevant rock musician. how he got there is unrelated

Nevermind the reasons. Though I haven't heard it (and I have no interest in doing so), the album did hit the mainstream, while being regarded by critics as a surprisingly decent effort. The last time a rock release recieved attention by both the mainstream media and the public, might have been the Arctic Monkeys' AM.

upvoted

Do you know what the fuck buttrock actually is

ITT: Mediocre Music

Definitions change, and fast, try and keep up.

Butttock now means, "whatever I don't like within the rock genre", and it most likely includes shit dear to you, because "I" only like stuff no one else enjoys, or acts that have remain undiscovered because I'm so deep and stuff...

idk I haven't listened to it yet.
should i?

Why not? It's free. Even if it's shit, you'll be culturally apprised

this is honestly the last real blockbuster rock album i can recall, along with mid-era coldplay

i cant even recall that

So what's Sup Forums's consensus on this album?

I haven't listened to it yet, but I intend to tonight after the gym. I'm anxious to see what theneedledrop has to say about this album and I am hoping for the best!

A meaningless buzzword thrown around here like rice at a wedding

>one direction
who fucking cares

??? literally what?

even if its generic and overproduced i still want him to follow in this direction and want to see his take on poprock

ive seen people who have a general hate for rock music just labeling every rock song as butt rock.
If anything harry is making generic indie rock music.

Poptamism has become the establishment.

Rockism will get its revenge you plebes

>Poptamism has become the establishment.
>
>Rockism will get its revenge you plebes
stop using these terms

its too late, p4k and the hipster elite have already poisoned the well.
Rock will come back bigly and take scalps

same here

This

>People nut themselves over a shitty pop musician making a TRUE MATURE album that's ACTUALLY REALLY GOOD AND TASTEFUL
>Listen to it
>It's absolute fucking gash
Every former flavor of the month darling does the same thing, and they're always terrible. I can't think of one straight-up pop performer that turned themselves around with a good "real" album.

Effort

>The when Sup Forums are a pack of sterile music critics the most despised enemy of the truly archetypal musician

> Look what you've become

>Listens to Elton John once
Just because it's not what you expect from the artist doesn't mean it's good. Overproduced as hell, watered-down instrumentation, headass lyrics. I wish they'd just get new pop stars instead of making their established ones desperately hop trends.

>Blockbuster

Blockbuster albums died with the music industry monoploy music is more vague now and there are very few things that replicate the feeling of bluckbuster music. Usually people that were peaking right at the fall of the industry that are hilled to a Christ like level while their music sucks dogs dick hole mostly women but a few men like Jay z (what good is he really the nigger lips)

All said and done Sup Forums are a bunch of lonely wannabe depised music critics with a poor pevoir can't taste this attitude and

6 W R I T E R S
W
R
I
T
E
R
S