What is the musical equivalent of an autism shuriken?

What is the musical equivalent of an autism shuriken?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=gsBnrej62hM
youtube.com/watch?v=rLWAlWfgivA
myredditnudes.com/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Pinkerton, this isn't debatable

Fidget spinners are patrician

YO the fucking new kid at my work always has this thing out and he always gives it a spinarooni thinking he's hot shit
The guys and I call him "Sasuke"

holy shit fpbp

/thread

KEK

whatevers on the radio.
literally calming humanity down as we all hurdle to destruction

hah fuck

>hurdle
hurtle you dumb fuck

>Autism shuriken

hahahahah, holy shit

If you like Pinkerton you're a nu-male, simple as.

beta male. nu male is ajj or fjm or something

how come only fags and autismos like weezer?

FJM is the bitch at the party who has a circle of people around her while she shouttalks about gentrification and brunch

no, i meant a race which involves jumping
is that not clear

Twenty One Pilots

a hearty kek and a literal kek

So when did these spinner things become a thing

And what's the appeal?

viral marketing through memes

Shit like these have been around for a while. You can thank reddit EDC threads for their popularity, I'm sure.

Oh so like Buzzfeed shared a video that got 20 million views or some shit?

mass distributed wind farm, we green now senpai.
saving the world.

i dunno. i saw like 20 memes one day before i actually saw one of these irl at my job

This:
youtube.com/watch?v=gsBnrej62hM
or
youtube.com/watch?v=rLWAlWfgivA

It's to calm down tards

Patrician fidget toy coming through.

>replying to yourself to make you feel like this is funny
>one guy trying to make this seem right
Can't tell which is worse.

I really want one of those

Why

If you need to do something with your hands, DO SOMETHING

Or play with your cock

I don't get it

if i'm ever holding something i have to fuck with it, so it would be better to have something just for that

It's pretty great if you're a twitchy motherfucker like me.

kek

witness thy retardation

>Don't get one like the OP pic, imo it doesn't address what a spinner is for - it's too big to spin back and forth one handed, and too poorly weighted to produce a spin any longer than 60 seconds, max.

>So all you can do with it is hold it with one hand, spin it with the other, and watch it stop as fast as just about any random kitchen knife you felt like spinning.

>A good spinner is small enough that you can get it going in one hand, rest it on a single finger and watch it go for a good... well, even with a gateway spinner, it should be at least four minutes, not just one. Four minutes is strange and satisfying. One minute is, again, basically just the equivalent of spinning a spoon.

>Some good cheap ones for this are the X and Y from Spinetic, ($35-40), and the Falcon as mentioned in this thread already. ($35)

>Considering that the big plastic ones are $20 anyway, it's not a leap at all to just go ahead and get one that actually works.

>Turns out it's difficult to try to outsource to China when you're trying to make a precision weighted product down to the last ball bearing. The fact that they have to make them here to be able to oversee production is usually what results in the ridiculously high prices all the best ones have.

>But yes, some of the lower effort ones that average 2-3 minutes spin time and tend to break if you drop them are freely available in exact duplicate form on Amazon for like $15, which can be an option if you're okay with having to be gentle with it.

>As far as physical feedback goes, the feeling of it spinning against your skin, the balancing you have to do to get it to stay spinning on a single finger, and the sensation of the centrifugal force working against you if you tip it a bit, are all amusing.

>Not entirely related to sensations, but still very important - possibly the most important - is the fact that the act of spinning takes up small amounts of time, energy, and awareness. Translation: They stop you from being bored.

>They also stop you from doing your usual boredom response that you might want to be training yourself to stop doing.

>For example, you might start spinning your spinner in your pocket because you're spacing out, and normally in this situation you'd pull out your phone and aimlessly flick through social media... but you've noticed that doing that offers no satisfaction and makes you look like a bad friend/irresponsible employee who's "always checking facebook". Spinning offers something else to do that does not actually provide ordered input, but does keep you occupied enough to be more focused on other things.

>Another good example is mouth chewing/nail biting/hair pulling/whatever gross shit you do. You can spin whenever your restless body wants to be fucking eating itself instead.

>There's also the showboating aspect - they don't require any effort to use, but since they spin for like five minutes at a time balanced precariously on a fingertip, people assume you practiced this mad skill and are a master of prestidigitation. It's like how people learn to pen flip, except it looks crazier and requires far less effort.

>And, still on the showboating topic, there's the "shiny new car" aspect among friends who spin - you can show off your model and make them jealous. Which is pointless, but people do it with even more stupid topics, it's human nature.

>The spin time isn't particularly long (~2 minutes in my experience, claims 5 on the page, which I can see if you clean the bearing maybe), but for a dead silent spinner at the entry level, I'd definitely recommend the FidgetHQ ZenDuo, in Matte Black Brass.

>The coating muffles the sound to nothing, and also gives it a very easy to conceal matte appearance. The small size and rounded edges give it great fidget factor - you'll never hit the full two minutes because you'll want to flick it again, and you'll be totally able to do so without worrying about getting a good grip or getting finger fatigue. While I have shinier, prettier spinners, it will always be my everyday carry, because you can really spin it anywhere. Including the supreme court while it's in session. I checked.

>The best part, though, is that it's only $20. And that's a proper "oh wow a quality product has a reasonable price" $20, not an "amazon trash that wobbles and breaks" $20.

centrifugal force doesn't exist reeeee

>He's comparing two plastic baby spinners, though. Both of them are trash. I'm not suggesting anyone go within a hundred yards of one of those.

>I'm talking about something like pic related. Stainless steel, 4 arm design, 6+ minute spin time, heavy enough to put someone's eye out, a legitimately worthy desk-toy you could leave on your desk in an office environment in the place of, say, clacky balls. Not just a bearing covered in 3D printed plastic.

>And yeah, I've bought a $2 aliexpress metal spinner. They're all aluminum garbage that sound like a fire alarm going off whenever they spin.

This thread is the gift that keeps on giving

>Brass is a good metal for spinners because it's one of the heaviest metals you can go for without entering more expensive ones like titanium or tungsten. Right below brass in weight is stainless steel, and usually, when you buy a spinner, you make a choice between the two, unless you go for something else entirely (titanium is really very good).

>Brass:
>Pro: Heavier than stainless steel
>Pro: Silent as the grave if constructed correctly
>Neutral: Patinas with age to look muted and classy instead of shiny
>Con: It smells like brass. You know, that weird slightly acrid smell. It's not unpleasant, but it is everpresent. Can easily be avoided by getting a spinner that's matte *coated* brass, though. Coated brass is the best and does not smell, with the added benefit that the coating can be any color you want.

>Stainless steel:
>Pro: Blindingly shiny forever
>Pro: No smell at all
>Pro: Very durable
>Neutral: Never patinas, will always look very flashy and not necessarily classy.
>Con: Not as heavy
>Con: Resonance may cause a slight ringing sound when spun.

what in all that is fuck

>what in all that is fuck

~ just autism things ~

kek the store I work at sells these and apparently they are really popular

I love Pinkerton but this is 100% accurate

Please fucking tell me it doesn't fucking click

put me in screencap for reddit

Probably Grimes.

aw fuck

the YMCA mashup is genuinely good

>mashups
lol

you spinnin, boy?

you know it nigga

How do these even work in your hand?

the fidget spinner is the future of human engineering. in the future we will all have fidget spinners.

nice

Brunch is an amazing meal fuck you