ITT: remakes better than the original

ITT: remakes better than the original

Disagree = reddit

It's better than the original's sequel, that's for sure.

ill klaw you

Neither film was very good or actually scary in the slightest but the original is way more classic and iconic which has that going for it, and a more likable main character. Evil dead 2 is still the best, not counting Army of darkness. The Thing and The Fly are the only remakes better than the original.

what's with the terrible bait? it makes me sad

>The Thing and The Fly are the only remakes better than the original.
Don't forget The Blob 1988.

I don't know. ED(2013) almost doesn't even belong being ranked with the rest.

I'll be the first to admit that it's actually a really fucking dope movie. And it sparked my Jane Levy interest (she's a fucking great actress). Anyways, for the originals, I think EDII is the best, followed by the first, then AoD. But they all rank so close together for me that it's almost unfair to order them.

If you haven't, give If Chins Could Kill a read. It's fun to read about the team struggling to even get the Evil Dead project off the ground. Kind of inspiring, really.

True Grit 2010

>mfw there is an extended cut of Evil Dead with more gore and Jane levy singing under the floor board

why the fuck was this not released in the US??

Pleb

Christian bale 3:10 to Yuma

Oceans 11

That's not a remake though, are you dense?

haven't watched the Evil Dead remake yet
does it have a girl being raped by a tree?
if not, the original is superior.

I was just about to mention that.

Yes. Jane Levy gets her puss penetrated by a big slimy branch.

It does.

if you grabbed Snyder's Dawn of the Dead and new Evil Dead, what third remake would match the theme for a gay little bundle

Because muh NC-17

Yes.

Sales must have been "meh" or they're waiting for the 5 year anniversary or some other milestone to put it out.

Great movie, nowhere near the original.

Well fuck. Now I regret buying the standard DVD.

Mandatory
Also, Invasion of the Body Snatchers

OP is this you? Genuinely curious.

no.

but actually this IS a meme thread
but i'm not fishing for suggestions
it's another story