The AR-15/Stoner rifle platform and the Glock pistol are the apex of modern firearms design...

The AR-15/Stoner rifle platform and the Glock pistol are the apex of modern firearms design. All other pistols and rifles are simply dinosaurs that will eventually be entirely replaced by these two designs.

You literally cannot prove me wrong.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=DX73uXs3xGU
youtube.com/watch?v=LyXndCxn9K4&t=2s
youtube.com/watch?v=synlZgnTnXg&t=204s
youtube.com/watch?v=BSizVpfqFtw
youtube.com/watch?v=xlL-uRkJ0yA
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

state your supporting evidence

I mostly agree but the 5.56 is kinda meh. I just picked up a SCAR 17 - going to sell my AR15.

>the 5.56 is kinda meh
With M855 it is. As originally designed, the M193 out of a 16 inch or greater barrel is devastating.

What about the FN SCAR 17S?

It's shit

>reciprocating charging handle

It isn't the 1950s anymore.

are mufflers legal?

>mufflers
?
>suppressors
In most countries that aren't the USA they are.

What about heat shields?

They are legal in the USA. Maybe one or two states and DC made them illegal, but it's not a federal law.

lol that's a non issue pleb

In the US, heat shields by themselves are legal. However, overarching laws regulating certain "features", which is just a way of saying looks, can make certain things illegal to own. For example, during the 1994 Assault Weapons Ban firearms with telescoping stocks, barrel shrouds, and pistol grips were regulated to hell and back. In states like New York and California these regulations are largely still in effect.

You must be one of those "old stuff works just as well" guys.

Why does everyone have to put those faggoty optics on their rifles? Real men use regular sights

glocks are great as grenades.

side charging handles are actually more efficient than the rear ones.

cause he wants to be tacticool

>Real men use regular sights

Real men use optical sights all the time there guy.

They make a drop in side charging handle for ARs, it's pretty sweet

Real men don't give a fuck about another person's weapon or accessories.

That isn't objectively the case. Rearward charging handles like the one on the AR15 are ambidextrous and therefore better when giving a military wide issue.

Glocks are shit... any real shooter knows this. You are just some grotty little wanker who spends too much time watching tv.

>Real men don't give a fuck about another person's weapon or accessories.
So...you are not a real man? You claimed that optics are "faggoty".

>Glocks are shit... any real shooter knows this.
The fuck are you talking about?

He's probably just a shitty shot so he feels obligated to talk shit

I tried them for shits and giggles and to me they really make aiming faster.
Better question tho: Who needs those?
Answer: Anyone that has to be quick at aiming, aka no civilian ever.
So I get why you would frown upon using those sights. Then again why own an assault rifle in the first place? It is pretty much a toy for most civilians anyway, why not make your toy look pretty?

Mp4.jpg

If all Stoner rifles adopt gas pistons, this might happen. The fact is that most Kalashnikov rifles do not jam or malfunction, and they all use pistons instead of DGI.

I guess the guy you were responding to isn't the guy you think he is.

>Better question tho: Who needs those?
>Answer: Anyone that has to be quick at aiming, aka no civilian ever.

I very seriously doubt you own any firearms.

The charging handle on the scar is extremely easy to switch to the other side. There's no need to make everyone's life hard for the sake of making it ambi with a rear charging handle. The few lefties in service can switch the charging handle very easy on the scar.

Says the guy with zero shooting experience ... go shoot 1000 rounds .. see if you still love your plastic piece of shit ..

Why?

>The fact is that most Kalashnikov rifles do not jam or malfunction

OH NOES

youtube.com/watch?v=DX73uXs3xGU

youtube.com/watch?v=LyXndCxn9K4&t=2s

youtube.com/watch?v=synlZgnTnXg&t=204s

youtube.com/watch?v=BSizVpfqFtw

youtube.com/watch?v=xlL-uRkJ0yA

yeah, i was thinking about getting one.

so are side charging handles and you dont have to reach as far to manipulate a side handle

Its just like its another facet of life today where we see are special snowflake culture putting all this dohickey bullshit on your gun to make it just for you. Even my dad who was in the Marines in the eighties thinks its faggoty. Oh you need to use that bar little baby? Is the recoil to much for you you need the little handle?

Well, technically you are correct. I don't legally own any guns myself. I am from Germany and I am a hunter. My father is as well and since I was not allowed to own a gun by the age of sixteen but had a license for hunting under the supervision of an experienced hunter (in my case my father or brother) my father just had the guns licensed under his name. We never changed that when I became old enough to legally own guns because it is not an issue in any way and when my father dies my brother and I will inherit his guns which actually is an easier process.

A number of reasons.

Number one is the fact that you claim civilians don't need to shoot quickly. The fact of the matter is civilians face the same criminal threats as law enforcement do. Defending one's home from multiple armed attackers (this is not a fantasy, it happens all the time, all over the world) necessitates a large magazine capacity and quick target acquisition.

Number two is your lack of technical knowledge. Most firearms owners know the difference between "assault rifles" and modern production civilian rifles. Assault rifles are fully automatic and in the United States they are banned from production for civilian sale. The only machine guns that are able to be purchased by civilians cost tens of thousands of dollars and are antiques.

The last point is your description of "assault rifles" (you are talking about sporting rifles here) as toys. No firearms are toys.

I'm not a huge gun nut but after watching the first video i'd like to see it attempted with a different magazine.

Not that guy,

LEO here tho. Had much more than 1000 rnds through my G19. Still love it.

To be fair, the glocks are boring. This isn't a gun I would buy for fun alone, or tinkering and fantasizing I'm a badass. There's a lot of awesome guns out there for that (and more) tho.

This is, however, a gun that gets the job done, accurately, over and over again. It's incredibly easy to work with, and manipulate under adrenaline. The whole point, at least for me, is that it's boring. I can beat the PISS out of it, and it keeps working. It's a workhorse firearm.

Glock < Sig P320

I think the OP use is grammatically appropriate. Faggoty to be sure, but appropriate.

This is right, but i prefer the hammer sigs.

Read the post above yours. English is not my first language.

Also of the few people I know who own a reflex sight (hopefully thos is the correct english term) they all treat their guns like toys. That is where I get my opinion from. I don't like that but I can't change it so I'll accept it.

Lastly the home invasion stuff sounds phony to me. Protect your house with better doors and barred windows if you are that scared. That'll give you a better chance of not being shot than approaching multiple armed attackers at once. But that is probably just another question concerning believes.

9mm master race

Romanian AKs? Really?

I respect the Stoner rifle, don't get me wrong. But that torture test should be used on a Bulgarian or Polish AK, if not a Russian one. I don't trust these WASR-10 models.

Apex of my cock.
Those are small arms from last century.
You are stuck in the past.

All assault weapons like this are evil ND should be banned forever. You conservicuck scumbag fucks still want to let shootings like Sandy Hook to occur just so you can stand there open carrying your anti-aircraft guns screaming 'MUH FREEDOMS!!' with no concerns about the people KILLED every day by your fucking murder machines! NO ONE NEEDS A GUN! THIS IS WHY WE HAVE POLICE! ITS TIME TO CONFISCATE AND DESTROY ALL THESE HORRIBLE WEAPONS TO STOP THE KILLING!

Well OP I can't say you're wrong even though I prefer AK variants to AR variants.

>AR has recoil any man, woman, or child can handle
>quality accuracy and penetration of non-armored targets
>equal or superior magazine capacity (30rd mags, some 50rd and 100rd drums)
>lightweight ammunition and magazines

Now the Glocks, with 9mm models in particular
>all calibers can share magazines larger than their own
>specifically the 9mms of any size can use the glock 18 magazines which hold 31+1
>sure 9mm has less dimension but with hollowpoints and other performance ammo they do more damage than a .45acp fmj does on unarmored targets

My dad has several Glocks and uses to work LEO. I own a S&w m&p .40 among other guns (no glocks) because it was super cheap ($300 for police surplus with 3 mags, had zero holster wear). It holds 15+1 but doesn't have any extended magazine options. That's what this is all really about. Take away the glock 18 magazines and Glocks are no longer special.

>Those are small arms from last century.
Okay, I'll bite.
Which 21st century firearms are the new apex?

>AK 47 7.62 39 mm
The 7.62 ammo is all around the world in mass quantities, easy to trade for ammo when shit hits the fan. AK will fire filled with mud, sand ect..

> sig 9mm
Also ammo is plentiful. Fit 17 shots, great design, easy to use/handle

bullpups are better

You know Stoner was not particularly happy with what Armalite did with his design, right?

Visit /k/.

10/10 hyperbole

is that a red dot and a reflex?

Naw, the back one is a magnifier.

Pfff, guns are for women, puffs and cowards. Get yourself a proper weapon if you want to be considered a true man ya wanker

You and all the rest of you cowards KNOW OWNING A GUN IS WRONG! THERE IS NO NEED TO EVER HAVE OR FIRE A GUN IN THE UNITED STATES! WE HAVE GROCERY STORE FOR FOOD AND POLICE TO PROTECT US!

>ya wanker
Whoa man, take a little advice from your overlords, alright?

I wouldn't agree, but as long as it's 7.62 it's good.

You haven't read the US Constitution, have you? If you're not American, it's okay, we'll grade you on a curve.

Preaching about the glock hand grenade again, I take it you got laughed out of /k/?

>Pfff, guns are for women, puffs and cowards.
>puffs and cowards.
>puffs
The word you meant to use is poofters, not "puffs" and you're a fucking idiot with no real world sense. Wars are not fight with knives. Go be a dumb nigger somewhere else.

checked and kekd

United States police carry and use guns.

Real men typically aren't triggered by what other people do their own stuff

But that shit you posted is illegal by the geneva convention. Have some honor, you fuckin' scumbag.

Puff detected

actually it isn't.

Please find the part that bans any type of dirk.

reported to the FBI, US law clearly makes it illegal to own a silencer so have fun in jail!

Geneva convention applies to wars, not private ownership dipstick.

You're a moron.

Bows and Arrows used to be looked down on too, nobles hated the idea of some guy being able to take out Nobles on the battlefield from like 40 feet away.

You are correct and I 100% agree

I'm not a poof, you fucking retard. At least you the proper spelling.

I don't think so buddy.

Militaries use some pretty vicious melee weapons.

"Doth dost protest too much"

Such a fairy

The word use was replaced by the word you by the Sup Forums website. It fucked up my post. I didn't.

Whatever, nigger

>a rare concurrence occurs in the wild

It's impossible to prove an idiot wrong when he's too stupid to understand what you tell it

M855a1 is the best round by far for 5.56 it's impossible to get right now since it's testing and not in mass surplus

but the AR is the spear of modern times

A drone pilot is closer to an archer than a rifleman

Shouldn't this thread, as awesome as it is be on /k /?

If you're willing to shell out for a class III permit and willing to let the atf in your house whenever they feel like it

Glocks are shit get a real handgun aka a sig

mauser k98 > *

my edc is a glock 19 tho.. great value for a very reliable pistol but there are more refined options such as sigs, etc..

AR-15 that needs to be clean through and through (gas chambers, bolt) and a pistol with the ergonomics of a brick and few factory features. Riiiiiiiiiight.

M&P AR no M&P Pistol

You still have people who will always prefer the concept of melee weapons and will always think of projectile based weaponry as dishonorable or some equally outdated platitude.

Again modifying the original platform

I feel disappointment and apathy. Why do you millennials call all opinions that are contrary to your own "hate"? In my opinion that guy is a nigger regardless what color his skin is.

If you're an operator that needs that I'm pretty sure you can slide your hand off the foregrip and charge it

It's not really a class 3 permit, it's an ATF tax form for NFA weapons. And the ATF in your house thing isn't entirely accurate, there's ways to avoid that.

tomahawks were given to jsoc special operations personelle, basically a reward for canoe rack high scores. red team.

Can you tell me what (in a nutshell) is the difference between M855 and M855A1?