Did they deserve it?

did they deserve it?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=K38xNqZvBJI
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

>multiple allegations
>pride yourself on being a bastion for social justice and queer rights
>don't deny the allegations

I mean if they didn't do it, why wouldn't they just deny it?

>pretends to be queer to get pucci and success
Whatever happened, they were definitely /ourguys/

The way the music scene handles these things is so lame. I am not a fan of any band who has been accused, but it's sad that accusations are all it takes for the whole scene to turn on you and condemn you

I like their music, gonna get back to it later this year when they are erased from the face of earth

I said in the thread yesterday the music seemed really calculating and try hard.
They cultivated an audience of sjw's who think everything is rape and think men are guilty until prove innocent.

They went down fast because of who their audience is, eternally agitated snowflakes.

What did these guys do?

He did it for the nookie

in their explanation letter they didn't deny that the guy did the things he was accused of -- quite the contrary actually.

It's nuts that accusations without any concrete proof are all that it takes to get you slandered

As soon as the story came out I saw so many fans of the band on facebook "disavowing" these guys

It feels like you can tell these people anything and they'll believe it no problem

>pretending to care about a scene that you don't you don't actually care about just because you like to chase drama

protip: you are just like tumblr

I can't believe the dopey CEO of nu-male central Stereogum made such problematic comments about this - very sad!

i dont care, im just loling at a bunch of libtard imploding.
The germans call it schadenfreude you plebe

The flipside though is that it can be dangerous to not believe anyone who makes these kinds of allegations. Rape allegations are a very boy cried wolf situation but the truth is that there are a lot of people who are sexually assaulted/raped by people they previously knew and they never do anything about it because they're too traumatized and they're worried that the perpetrator will somehow harm them again. I'm usually wary on these things (I didn't turn on Gira when Larkin Grimm went crazy) but with the combination of number of allegations and the way they responded, it points toward Ben being guilty

I finally figured it out, the lead fags singing voice reminds me of they might be giants, but like a shitty version that sings about emojis and texting and being a millennial snowflake

That's true, it's important to not treat these people like they're invincible just because they're celebrities

On the other hand it's a little unnerving how quickly some of these people will turn on somebody they liked previously as soon as allegations come to light

Reminds me of the whole debacle with the mattress girl at Columbia where it turned out the guy didn't even do anything but still got dragged through the mud for months

I think the difference this time around is that there's been multiple people coming forward at this point. While it could be people joining in just because, there have been people who are part of their scene/people who went to Bard with them that have been making some of the claims against their character. There's a huge difference between one person's story and a bunch of people coming together. It's crazy how fast it happened but that seems to be because Ben would frequently say things like "kill your local rapist" and "our concerts are a safe space"

if i were a musician i wouldn't want sjw's as an audience, then you have to live by their standards, i want them to think im god and they were wrong for not pleasing me

i call it the hillary clinton special

they're worse

what kind of proof would be sufficient?

semen

Well, looks like the scheme to bring back rock music as sjw garbage failed

>snowflakes

>>>/facebook/

Why would he say this when After Laughter literally came out on the same day?

The guy was a fucking idiot for being pals with feminists and fooling around with them

excellent reasoning friendo

I came to the Epiphany the other day that the music elites rejection of rock music has made them lose control over the rock and metal genres, no one takes p4k seriously on those genres anymore.
The age of poptmism, edm, and trap is getting stale.
I smell a scheme were they were trying to bring back rock music but only really faggy sjw rock music.
But now its died in the womb because the sjw audience are idiots.

If any of the 6 corporations that control mass media are reading this can you manufacture an industrial rock revival?
Been on a real nine inch nails kick lately.

Dunno, but I'd still prefer if somebody's word wasn't all that was needed to ruin somebody's career

>try-hard

'try' reading a book you fucking mongoloid.

kek

the big thing here is they didn't deny it

any innocent person would've started off by denying it. they literally just started damage control immediately and that's what killed them.

Where are the multiple people? Only one person was featured in the Jezebel article, and the rest are "friend of a friend of a friend"

no idead what they did but i thought ppl were done with the 'dropping' vowels from their names

The only queer kids I care about are the thin cute biologically female but androgynous ones, the rest of the scene can grow the fuck up

>queer album is hyped
>Sup Forums hates it
>rape allegations
>suddenly Sup Forums oves it
well, I guess /polmu/ isn't a myth

I used to think they didn't deserve it, but now the more I look into it it begins to look more and more like Ben really did do it and Liv helped cover it up.

So yes, they 100% deserved everything.

This

Absolutely pathetic

I've no idea who these people are

Well if the allegations are true then yes. If not, then no.

It sounds a bit like a load of rubbish , i'd have had them play on

Assaulting minors that are their audience isn't a thing to come back from usually. Don't make advances to underage children.

>you can't enjoy music because of things the creators did

kek

Can someone give me a quick rundown?

album is still good tho.

>too bad yr not my editor
Based

canada is so fucking retarded and gay

I think it was less the accusations, and more how they handled it, as said

He's not wrong

>Ben (guitarist/singer) is accused of raping a girl
>PWR BTTM put out a statement encouraging people to email them to talk through the accusations
>Statement doesn't actually include any sort of denial of the allegations
>People start to think that he actually did it
>They start getting dropped by labels, tourmates, etc

>suddenly Sup Forums loves it
Really? Pretty sure most of Sup Forums has never heard of these faggots before this.

they did do it. its normal in the queer/lgbtq community for this shit. but the media keeps it hush hush

Copying and pasting this from the last thread:

What's come out is sadly enough. The issue with accusations like this is that they only have to be made for them to have an effect. Releasing these statements and choosing not to go to the police is always the best movie if you're looking to take down someone, as SJWs have a book of excuses to leave out the law because it theoretically brings up trauma for the victims. Then, if the accused wants to sue for libel, since, you know, their livelihood is being ruined they will look like an asshole no matter what.

The truth is, if you're a budding artist with legit chances at success, you should just shroud yourself in mystery out of your music. Only stay in the DIY scene to play shows, then live out your personal life completely detached from that scene, as it's chock full of attention-starved SJWs waiting for the next "abuser" to take down so they can get a week's worth of self-satisfaction before they fall back into their worthlessness.

The reason Larkin Grimm didn't succeed in ruining Michael Gira's career is that he's already 60 and has spent over half his life building relationships with his bandmates, fans, past lovers and industry people, enough so that they could all speak to him and infer for themselves that the accusation was most likely false. In addition to that, he had already confirmed that Glowing Man was gonna be the last true Swans album, therefore the last thing for music media to hype, so there wasn't as much of an impact to be had from taking him down. Even so, Swans still missed out on a BNM and lost fans anyway.

My guess for this whole PWR BTTM thins is that all the attention they were getting went to Ben's head, to the point where he was acting like any generic musician asshole in his social circles. Someone with a grudge to bear noticed he was very friendly and open with his fans, and decided to crack the perfect accusation and time it just right to throw everything into shit.

Aren't they a queercore band though? Why would they rape a girl? My only assumption is that at least one of them was pretending to be homosexual to make their wrongdoings appear unlikely - or at least something of the sort.

oucch

>The truth is, if you're a budding artist with legit chances at success, you should just shroud yourself in mystery out of your music.
are you kidding me. you can't do that anymore unless you make electronic shit.
mac demarco rode to success based on being the complete opposite of that.
these guys are fucktards. stop giving bad advice

queer has NOTHING to do with being gay/straight.
you can be queer and straight

What, I always believed they were synonymous, or is this some new pro-LGBT thing?

no its never been like that. its the equivalent of thinking all black eat fried chicken 24/7

well he probably did, but I was just going based on what's verifiable

So queer is just another way of saying you're confused?

There's really two possibilities: one is that he's bi, the other is that he's straight but is using the whole queer thing to get laid and get successful, which I really, really hope is the one that it is.

pretty much. tho obvs pwr bttm marketed themselves harder on the gay side for profit.
but they could still be bi-sexual with a strong preferences for underage girls while being queer

LMAO literally just listen to Bowling for Soup if PRW BTTM is too problematic for you now

youtube.com/watch?v=K38xNqZvBJI

they even did the tranny shit first

The fact that we're 5500 years into civilization and we still can't separate an artist's output from their personal life is pretty funny.
>fans assuming the worst because of some unproved allegations and missing denials
>their label trying to play the good guys by dropping them without proof and giving money to organizations as if they were some kind of literally-hitlers
is pitiable conduct.

Reminds me of when people on RYM write Burzum reviews and they're like "Damn, this is good, but he killed some people so I guess it's a lower score".
You have the right to make music, it's shit, whatever, you're a shit human being too, but I'd be lying if I said Mark Kozelek was a terrible musician because he harasses women at concerts and he said his fans are trainer-wearing fatasses once.

Let's say I don't stand with them (Their music is probably shit and they're probably shit people too, and only doing it for the money or something like some people are saying here, I won't even give them the benefit of the doubt) but I stand against idiots, corrupt journalist vermin circles and moralists who jump at everything at first sight.

what the fugg is nonbinary and how is that different from queer
what is queer

exactly

he's a predator, like from the movies. he sees the pussy glowing hot in with his infrared vision. Then uses his I'm queer cloaking device to lure the pussy close enough for him to attack.

and he does it for sport, for fun because it makes him feel powerful, like a different species

I hope he gets the death penalty

yea lets have another spiderland thread shall we

reminder "diy spaces" are microcosms of communist societies and this crabs-in-a-bucket thing happens all the time

nonbinary means you're somehow neither a man or a woman and queer is a word for indecisive gay people

queer is just lol im so random nobody understands me. but they crossdress and all come from rich families unlike the poor goth/punk kids

i feel so behind the times
i'm just a vanilla faggot who likes benis

just tell ppl ur queer. for extra points

You're probably just an interesting enough person that you don't need to give yourself 50 different made up labels and walk around with them on a sign above your head while calling anyone who questions them a bigot.

>As soon as the story came out I saw so many fans of the band on facebook "disavowing" these guys
Well, since there are mutliple allegations, there's still no denial, and it seems like they actually tried to cover up the whole thing for several months, I don't think it's unfair for fans to disavow them and for management, touring members and opening acts to drop them like they're doing.

this

invite young girls to your house for innocent sleepovers. Then when they are most vulnerable show her the meaning of hard daddy. Be sure to have an actual hrt Transwoman best friend to help you negotiate the aftermath and lend credibility to the whole routine.

good hunting!

I like the way you think user

from what i gather being a queer is a mentally ill straight person who wants to cosplay being a gay victim.

wtf i want to label myself as queer now

Honestly, we should all just be happy that some sjw bitch was raped. That is, if it's even true, which it's probably not.

A rape kit

A report to the police shortly after it occurred, with a detailed account of the assault

Casually accusing someone of an assault months after the fact with few verifiable details makes for a shit case

Wikipedia says it's "an umbrella term for sexual and gender minorities who are not heterosexual or not cisgender."

Lol these faggots were LITERALLY literallywhos until these allegations came out.

>did they deserve it?
yes they did
their victims didnt deserve to be raped though

>767676

death grips success was based around mystique and "epic black tattoo man"

you realize they're a electronic band right?
those samples aren't coming out of thin air

Are there any good queercore bands whose members aren't fuckers?

this
people on Sup Forums still listen to gg allin unironically and he is the biggest peace of shit on the planet

>eternally agitated snowflakes
i'll take good names for a band for 500, alex

both G.L.O.S.S. and HIRS are good, although idk if the members haven't raped anyone

going of what said
plus you have parents that give enough shits about you to give you some form of attention

GLOSS is cool cause trans representation but they make shitty music. hundreds of better hardcore punk bands out there

>people on Sup Forums still listen to gg allin unironically and he is the biggest peace of shit on the planet

i just realized that much like gg allin, Sup Forums and Sup Forums in general are biggest pieces of shit on the planet. They just think its funny when someone does something that "triggers the normies"

This website is autistic as fuck

they would've been /ourguys/ if they didnt rape people probably, desu the fact that he pretended to be gay is pretty funny. the rape however, isnt

This. Sup Forums is literally worse than ISIS

Fucked kids allegedly

Does anybody have that pic with Ben and the swastika. Asking for a friend.

like teenagers or actual kids