/Economics/

Chinese economy dropped from 32% to 5% of global GDP from 1842 to 1940

America is following the same pattern.

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bile_bear
infogr.am/Share-of-world-GDP-throughout-history
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

noice.

That was because of imperialism and a civil war. With America it is because other countries are becoming more and more developed.

No, it's because you are wasting your money on wars instead of developing your human capital through free high quality education and free health care.

Also that.

Both are true.

>wasting your money on wars

it was profitable for them in the past desu.

dat china GDP till the opium wars...

When?

Hmmm... trying to think of a way to prevent us from getting enslaved by chinks. Maybe we can sell them a bunch of opium again?

In the past, but Iraq and Afghanistan weren't at all. Lined the pockets of a few, but overall harmed the country.

Which is a good thing, we all saw the effects of virtually unchecked American global power in the last decades. It's awful. A multipolar world will benefit us.

>Which is a good thing, we all saw the effects of virtually unchecked American global power in the last decades. It's awful. A multipolar world will benefit us.

Yes, surely a more humane world order must follow if we allow the Chinese more power.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bile_bear

War is never profitable.

Proxy wars in central america?

I don't think so. Their laws against drugs are savage.

Honestly, I'd much rather take China over the US as sole superpowe, no question.

But that wasn't even my point, my point was that we're moving towards a divided and multipolar world with the US, the EU, China and in the future India all as potential powers with unaligned interests.

You mean like when we got Panama to split off from your country?

there was no war.

Panama was tired of our retarded centralized gov. So they just opened the door.

China is way better than how the US is flooding Europe with middle eastern refugees.

Then IDK what you mean. I know we sent green berets into central America to keep it from becoming communist, but I don't think that was profitable.

How I wish we didn't have to fight retarded wars in the middle east creating refugees.

Seriously, the Chinese are flawed but they are better than the Americans, who are ruining one by one.

Hell, if the Chinese fixed a few thing they'd actually be likable. They're already starting to care about the climate and nature. Now get some manners and we'd be set.

>keep it from becoming communist

And open their markets, grant their resources to the US for low prices, and so on.

>Giving people free shit
>Expecting them to be productive
Yeah no.

What's with the american-hate in Sup Forums?

people are waking up

fuck america

pax americana is why we have peace in the west buddy

The human capital we've been importing for the last 50 years is largely worthless, there is no reason to provide them with things they can't make use of.

How was that shit even measured before 1900?

Same as today, rich people keep account of their money.

That's how inflation works. It is exponential.

>height of the industrial revolution
>Western Europe is booming with industry and technology and acquiring wealth all over the planet
>China isn't even close to being at an industrial revolution
>but somehow China has DOUBLE the GDP of UK, France and Germany COMBINED
I'm sorry, but until you post very detailed methodology explaining how on earth you could obtain such results, that chart is trashed.

>peace

"""""peace"""""

Damn, UK and France represented 25% of world's GDP alone 100 years ago.

We literally profit from war. Why do you think neocons still do it even after its not popular. We have been on a permenant war economy since the 1940's

where will be the next war?

Why China
Do you honestly believe that they would be any better than us? Its just a different colored rod being shoved up your asshole. On the other hand the grass is always greener. If you want rods to be shoved up your ass less then you want a world that is more than dual-polar.

infogr.am/Share-of-world-GDP-throughout-history

Probably nothing although we will definitely sell the excess weapons to Poland and Israel, which is infinitely preferable to another intervention.

>Efficient innovators
>Inefficient innovators
What did they mean by this?