Decide to watch this show because people say it's the best anime of all time and also friend suggested me to watch it...

>Decide to watch this show because people say it's the best anime of all time and also friend suggested me to watch it as well
>hit episode 1
>wtf_did_I_watch.jpg
>ok, let's give it another shot
>hit episode 2
>still bad as shit
>talk with my friend again, ask him if it gets any better, because 2 episodes in it's boring as shit
>yes it does after episode 12, but don't skip to episode 12, because you have to care for the characters in order to find what happens after episode 12 interesting
>cast of characters consists of a mentally retarded grown up woman with an obnoxious voice, a generic disillusioned loser who thinks he is a scientist because he says so, a fat weaboo, a mysterious, AKA never talks, girl, and a trap
>I don't give a fuck about any of those characters, 3 episodes in
>fucking dropped.

Are there people who actually like this shit and think it's "the best show ever", unironically?

Troll post is troll

It filled the void in my meaningless existence for a while, its not amazing though, its barely better than not watching some anime.

Hi where are the amines? :DDD

so you liked it?

>baiting this bad

Go read this

What dat is?

Try to be a little less jaded and a bit more indulging.
I feel for your friend.
Im sure hes put up with too much of your shit.

A doujin of the #1 waifu

I agree.
I watched all of Stein'sGate and it was not as glorious as people claimed.

On the flip side, this series IS god tier compared to fuckin' Neon Genesis Evangelion.
That series was awesome until the last three episodes where the writers pinned me to the ground, pulled my panties aside and raped me.
Fuck that shit.

the visual novels are way better. the new sequel Steins;Gate zero, is all about the beta line, aka the okabe that couldnt save kurisu. much darker vn and plot

/thread

Other topic: After I watched several anime it becomes more and more boring. At this point I can hardly find any series to watch regardless of whether it's anime, western animation or live-action. For me series become more and more boring, cheesy and repeating. What do you do to avoid this?

Anything with time travel is claimed to be great.
Who remembers Back to the future? Most people say that movie was a legend.

Steins;Gate allows you to see the disadvantages of such acts. It isn't your fault for not liking it. We all have our preferences.

stop watching series for a while, then come back and rewatch one of your favorites and see if the interest comes back.

>time travel
I still wonder why there's not a fucking time travel movie/series without logic errors. Are scriptwriter all stupid or what's the problem?

>rewatch
Really? Sounds even more boring.

>logic errors
s;g is actually really scientifically accurate with physics and shit

Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood is one that I can rewatch and not get bored/disgusted. But not back to back rewatching

No. It's not.

well, I'm just suggesting something that works personally.

Sure, there are SOME liberties, but if you give it some leeway, Steins;gate is actually one of the most scientifically accurate show I've seen. The MWI is a legitimate interpretation in quantum physics.

The "universe kills Mayuri all the time no matter what I do" plot is just crap.
Also the idea of transporting a whole personality with a phone call is ridiculous.

>s;g is actually really scientifically accurate with physics and shit

>1st episode in a satellite drops from space and gets lodged on a roof top instead of either completely burning up during the descent or causing massive damage to the building

>s;g is actually really scientifically accurate with physics and shit

maybe it is with shit.

So you do this and it helps?

It's really not

>it's scientifically accurate and I believe in time travel
>the earth is flat
>disc earth is only 5,000 years old
Keep talking, you amuse us.

Tell your friend you don't watch Bullshit shows, Get BlackLagoon

Some aspies just have shit taste in anime.

I love sci fi stuff, especially anything to do with time travel, but thought that it was just good at best. I don't understand why people hype it the way they do

In my case I guess it does.

phone is connected to a plot device that sends a message through a black hole backwards in time

mayuri dying is a convergence point in the timelines, same thing why kurisu dies as well. if kurisu dies the worldline shifts to beta, if okabe doesnt save her mayuri survives

that satellite was a time machine from the future, not an actual satellite

will give it a try, thanks user

people with an i.q lower than 60 will not
understand how good it is

im not actually saying i believe in time travel, i just find the thought entertaining. no way could anyone produce enough energy to create black holes

post the rest

I dont like the animee, I dont think they did a good job.

It took a while but i grew to love the VN. It had everything going against it but still won me over in the end.

Steins gate doesn't have to justify itself to you user, you have to justify yourself to it. Go away.

So now you're saying it's not scientifically accurate?
Well we're all saying you're mentally retarded.

Except the only thing that's founded in real science is the premise of the many worlds theory, everything after that is just wonky science-y sounding bullshit

Go watch some real anime, like Gintama

Sorry, never got past episode 3 because it was boring as fuck and I do not have 240 minutes to waste until the show MAY start getting good.

the show they somehow can create enough energy to create a black hole. if we could do the same, its theoretically possible. but not without the energy part, so probably not.

this is what weaboos actually believe about people who do not like their shows

It's entertaining, but people who actually understand basic science will see that the entire plot is retarded bullshit that only sounds scientific and deep

Yeah, not with NEET funding, kid.
And I think you're lacking most of the basics of particle physics.

who the fuck watches anime for scientific info

>I have the attention span of a salad

fuck you, so many shows are tailored to your kind now, they're shitting 10+ hours serialised shows that'd be just fine as one (1) 90min movie.

Anime scientists.

>phone is connected to a plot device that sends a message through a black hole backwards in time
Still doesn't explain why you chance your whole personality by listening to a phone call. It's just some acustic signals.
>convergence point in the timelines
that's not how the Many Worlds Theory works
>satellite
It's absurd that the people believe it's a satellite in the first place because

I don't understand why you're asking that, I never suggested anyone does

Bait

Shit was so good. Maho is best waifu

This thread is slowly turning into couch theoretical physicist debate. Entertain us.

At what point did someone's personality change?
And I thought Many Worlds included the idea that any action that is taken creates an alternate reality where the other action was taken, so wouldn't the point where the action was performed be a convergence point for two universes?

yeah i think everyone would like steins gate 0 a lot more than the first series. Hell even I do. Way darker.

Agreed, Maho > kurisu

I really liked steins gate. I hated the first few episodes too.

>fuck you, so many shows are tailored to your kind now,

My kind? You mean the kind of people who have work and obligations and cannot be wasting time on something that takes literally around 240 minutes or so to start getting, or not getting, good?

No, fuck you kid, we are not all sitting in our house all day sniffing our ballsack.

closest thing I can think was Lukako's D-mail to her mothers old phone to change her her diet or whatever so he was born a girl.. other than that, ..reading steiner and all that jazz

>personality change
When Rintarou pics up his phone he chances to a personality which is several month older and has seen his friend dying hundret of times.
>alternate reality
Yeah, but it's irrational why he can't just pic a universe where Mayuri survives.

His personality was still completely unchanged, which is the surprising thing since he had a different gender, and wasnt reading steiner just his ability to know something in the universe was fucky?

Tried it. I couldn't get what was so exciting about it. Chrono Trigger was more coherent than this blah show.

That's not a personality change.. he's just knows shit from the future. And in the show he was never able to "pick a universe" since it only changes when choices were made

i figure since he already had a feminine personality not much changed, but thats just my guess

>That's not a personality change
Call it as you like. The phone call still programms his memory with several month of information. That's equally stupid.
> it only changes when choices were made
That's not how many-worlds interpretation works. Also he does choices all the time. E.g. he chooses to skip the party and take Mayuri to the subway. But no, the universe sends some killer girl so she falls in front of the train. That's just stupid, cheesy and illogical and has nothing to do with science.

>>It's absurd that the people believe it's a satellite in the first place because
To be honest, most people are stupid enough to believe anything the media says AKA a Government cover up.

it's really good

Should I watch Dagashi Kashi?

If you think the series is ridiculous, then try watching the movie. Apparently he messed with time so much that he begins fading in and out of existence until he completely disappears. As to why he disappears, nobody knows because they didn't change the past far enough back to affect his existence and even if they did, why doesn't he just disappear immediately?

no, I mean the kind that spend so much time in front of a TV with their brain off that shit that doesn't need to last 20 hours is profitable to air for several seasons.

Translation: I have the attention span of an ant and Transformers 4 was the best movie of 2016.

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!

Got trolled so hard by that show. Literally nothing happens, every episode is big boob girl shows up at candy shop. MC and big boob girl talk about some obscure japanese candy for 20 minutes, end credits.

It is hot garbage, if you want to see waifus there are better options.

>attention span of an ant
Yeah, because it's so cool if a series needs 12 fucking episodes to become thrilling to some extent.

Why does every moment of existence have to be "thrilling", ever heard of a thing called character development or world building? The show has it in spades early on, but you wouldn't notice those things if they hit you in the face because explosions are the only thing that trigger your neanderthal brain.

Yes. it's a very fapable show

Shit game of thrones one of the most popular shows of all time is literally 90% two or three people standing around usually inside a dark castle room talking. Of course the promise of tits keeps the knuckle draggers around but still.

>game of thrones one of the most popular shows of all time is literally 90% two or three people standing around usually inside a dark castle room talking
Excatly. There is no need for "explosions" to create some tension. GoT shows how it's done.
But Steins;Gate is just boring. What's the purpose of 5h character development if all characters are annoying, boring and cheesy? Why do you need "world building" if the world is unlogical, empty and charmless?